Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:56:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodlers will not change the world  (Read 4446 times)
Existence (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:31:26 AM

The owners of large Bitcoins are known as "Whales" and they are increasingly becoming a concern of investors. They can make the price drop even though they sell a small amount of property. This can happen when Bitcoin prices have increased nearly 12 times compared to last year, sometimes close to $ 20,000. They will change the world and Bitcoin.

Do you believe it only depends on 'Whales' to change the market? I disagree with you on that; there are lots of people who own bitcoin and if they stop blindly believing in all what whales say or do, BTC will become less volatile in an instant

ValueHunters.club Sell your lots, browse and buy antiques, fine art, jewellery and more for cryptocurrency all over the world.
Click here to profit from Crypto-Auction Join Telegram chat here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:33:12 AM

The owners of large Bitcoins are known as "Whales" and they are increasingly becoming a concern of investors. They can make the price drop even though they sell a small amount of property. This can happen when Bitcoin prices have increased nearly 12 times compared to last year, sometimes close to $ 20,000. They will change the world and Bitcoin.

Do you believe it only depends on 'Whales' to change the market? I disagree with you on that; there are lots of people who own bitcoin and if they stop blindly believing in all what whales say or do, BTC will become less volatile in an instant
maybe people who hold their assets can't change the world, but in a way, I think they know when it's time to change the world. they are of course waiting for the right time to sell the assets they have. well, of course they hold something with strategy.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bulljcak

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:47:56 AM

Very interesting, I don't know if the hodlers could change the world but it could reduce the panic selling tho which is good for the market I think. For me personally the world will change if there is no more war, and a terrible politicalism in each country.

yes,we can change if there's no graft and corruption in the country.if holders cannot changed the world,they can change the lives of btc members and investors.i think they're the one controlling the market value.
KridNewoj

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:01:27 AM

That is true about assets like bitcoin and other altcoins , if you them then you will not chsnge the world because you are keeping it and it will not circulate inorder for them to grow and have profits.
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:17:08 AM

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

People, you know, are mostly conservative, so it will take some more time for crypto to be massively adopted than we expect.
Hu dreds of millions transactions a day, you say? That's possible only in case at least 50 million people actively use crypto for their payments. How many active wallets are there now? Around 30 million? And how many real users own thise wallets? 5-10 million?
What I mean is that we just have to give some time (say, another 5 years) to the world's community to realize the advantages of cryptocurrencies..

YNAGS Team

Activity: 220

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:23:38 PM

It is one of the things that are so much easier to just say, than to live that way. I can believe and support that opinion, but it is hard for me, (I`m not a pro trader) to risk my money, that I have in BTC.
Romeoetin

Activity: 240
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:54:02 PM

There are two opinions in the crypto world: some people consider cryptocurrencies digital gold, while others believe that cryptocurrencies will be used as means of payment.

The first idea is quite convenient. You can just do nothing. For the first time ever, doing nothing has actually become a heroic deed – people are proud to be hodlers, proud to do nothing with their cryptocurrency. But do you really believe this approach will change the world? Seriously?

Let’s be honest. Real crypto communities – there are few. There are few people who own cryptocurrency. The number is vanishingly small. Crypto prices will not grow while there are so few of us. The demand is just too small and there are no drivers of growth.

So, what should we do? Is there a reason to just sit and wait for cryptocurrencies to grow? I believe there is none. The only possible solution is that people actually start using crypto in their everyday lives. The number of crypto transactions should amount to hundreds of millions a day. Then, and only then, will cryptocurrencies grow in price.

Personally, I see no other options. However, this cannot be handled by one man alone. The whole crypto community should do this. You may ask: is it possible to live paying with cryptocurrencies only? Judging from our experience –  yes. Moreover, we have video proof: here is a story of a guy from Scotland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_yVnkHSFs and here is a story of a guy from Thailand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09U16Oqbck.

People will say I’m biased, since I founded a project where you can sell and buy goods for crypto. Yes, it’s true. Still, I’m more interested in expansion of cryptocurrencies than in my project’s expansion. In fact, I founded it for one simple reason: I’m sure that hodlers will never change the world. But we will. We should just learn from the guys in our videos who pay with cryptocurrencies in everyday life and make cryptocurrencies valuable.  

Bless you for this. My thoughts exactly. Personally I think cryptocurrencies should be spent as a means of payment in our everyday transactions but it's difficult because it is yet to be widely accepted by merchants round the world. Good thing companies are stepping up to change this narrative.
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:14:35 AM

Through more light on this please because am as confused as a wet goat,  does it mean only dumpers have the power to change the World?

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
Saldom12

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:36:44 AM

Hodler is sometimes unprofitable, because if we hold a coin if the coin goes down it's very detrimental to us because it's too long a hodler coin and it's natural that the hodler can't change the world.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 07:52:05 AM

Hodlers do sometime suffer defeat because of dumpers ready to sell for cheap price without understanding that it will gradually collapse the price and dismantle one's project. I had experienced it myself that i came to hold for a long time and now prices are now below the ico and regretted it the whole time why i didn't sell earlier but it came to my senses that i still believe on a project so until now i'm holding it. Hodlers will be triumphant in the end.

abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:57:47 AM

For sure they will not change the world because they really don't use the thing for what it is intended to be used. Keeping it and waiting for its value to go higher.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
kissme09

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:02:59 AM

Hodler will change the world. We look at the law of supply-demand in economics to understand why Hodler can do that. Only with the increasing amount of Hodler and the amount of frozen Altcoin in bulk decreases the supply in the market I believe it will change the world.

tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:29:03 AM

Only one of my questions, is bitcoin really ready to be used as a currency? Because, we both know. There are still some obstacles to bitcoin if it is used as a payment tool. Especially regarding transaction speed and transaction costs

Yes this statement might be true. Holders will not change the world but they could change their world by holding.  Holding until the price gets high could make themselves profitable when they sell their coins in the market.

But the real question should be whether the holders are really going to change the world for the better if ever. What is it in holding that makes it so beneficial for the world? Personally, I can't come up with anything which justifies holding apart from personal gains by selling when the price hits the sky. From my perspective, it is effectively just a postponed consumption which is not a good thing in itself.

Am I missing some important detail in the grander picture?
Hodlers will change the world for better and I consider myself one of them, because we can do the best what we can do for the price to soar higher. If we don't hodle, then who can do it for us? The whales always look out for a good timing when to take over and be back to track. Price will have to be profitable as long as there's more demand to happen, and investors like big whales along with long term holders will patiently wait for the right time as well.

But what's the point of holding other than obtaining personal gain? Do you hold for the common good or are actually pursuing the purpose of acquiring wealth for yourself? And what makes you think that not holding will hurt anyone (let's reverse your logic here)? In the simplest of terms, what makes you think that if no one doesn't do something, it is necessarily good, in this case, "if we don't hodle, then who can do it for us"?

It is like "no one eats shit, so who if not us"?

Your questions are right on point, I'd really like to see a hodler answering all of them, lol

It could be argued that saving provides financing for the real sector as you have to save first to make big investments in productive capacities later (though you can just borrow the money, for that matter). But with crypto there is no real sector to invest in, so it all comes down to personal gain without adding anything to the pie in return, which is the case with real investments.

In this manner, the only benefit that long-term holding offers is price rise due to coin supply running dry, even though it becomes possible only through volatility rather than solid growth. But it kills the purpose of any coin pretending to be money because money should circulate to be called currency.
TYPEcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:17:33 AM

I am trying to trade everyday with my coins that I have, but I'm doing that step by step and those steps are little because I am afraid to lose everything because of my professionalism, lol Smiley
kniheant

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:28:56 AM

i agree with you.Someone who only holds a coin without active activity (buying and selling) then it does not mean. He does not have role in changing the state of the market. Whether or not there is such a person then the state of the market will remain, it does not contribute any change to the state of the market.
Existence (OP)

Activity: 179
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 09:22:06 AM

i agree with you.Someone who only holds a coin without active activity (buying and selling) then it does not mean. He does not have role in changing the state of the market. Whether or not there is such a person then the state of the market will remain, it does not contribute any change to the state of the market.
I'm so glad that people actually relate to my ideas and agree with them. Yes, it is high time to try and change the situation, make our bitcoins work, perform transactions. All these actions will eventually result in the market stabilisation

ValueHunters.club Sell your lots, browse and buy antiques, fine art, jewellery and more for cryptocurrency all over the world.
Click here to profit from Crypto-Auction Join Telegram chat here
crypto.nik11

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:26:27 AM

That's actually interesting.
Hodlers definitely can reduce the panic selling, which is good for the market.
But the world will be saved by smart people, or ppg.  Grin
bluehive21

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:38:51 PM

Major purpose of Bitcoin and other currencies is to use for online transactions and payments for easiness and reliability during business and industrial transactions but with holders that is not happening at the moment unless the crypto community and crypto related organizations do something regarding it. Even some changes are happening to solve such problems there are not effective enough to make a change
troiano9

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:40:09 PM

The fact is that 2018 will not be like any other year in crypto.  Too many people want to predict what will happen based on last year. 
kerzhake

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:53:05 PM

maybe you are partly right, but the holders of crypto currency must be accurate

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: