Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:40:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I continue hodl my Bitcoin?  (Read 1220 times)
rajsunil

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:51:51 AM

Now the price of bitcoin in the market is declining.So do not sell bitcoin now.I think bitcoin prices will reach $20000 buy the end of this year.So hold it is good.At the end of March last year the price of bitcoin was $1020.99.But currently the price of bitcoin is $6244.If you sell bitcoin now I think you will get $5000 profit.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ericgreen

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:25:51 AM

If it is still profitable at the price you want to sell, then sell. I wont expect anyone who bought at $20k to consider selling now irrespective of his need, It will be unwise doing such. It is guaranteed that the price will climb some day but no one can predict when.
Don’t be upset, the price is growing again and I am sure that you will recover all your deficits in the near future. Be patient and hold your coins for some more time. Profit and loss are parts of business and you will have to bear this downwards situation of the market. It will not remain forever. You will see growth in the price very soon.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:01:19 AM

Yes, there are many people panic about the current situation of the market and the bitcoin price, when you compare with the previous price of Bitcoin it is already high in the market. But we need little patience in the market and surely the price will start increasing in the market.
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:05:59 AM

The step that you have made is the smartest one. That's actually my plan for the future "moon" price and for now I'm just collecting coins. But there is a question: after bitcoin will reach 20000 $ again will it be new limit or the growth will be continued?
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:17:10 PM

If it is still profitable at the price you want to sell, then sell. I wont expect anyone who bought at $20k to consider selling now irrespective of his need, It will be unwise doing such. It is guaranteed that the price will climb some day but no one can predict when.
Don’t be upset, the price is growing again and I am sure that you will recover all your deficits in the near future. Be patient and hold your coins for some more time. Profit and loss are parts of business and you will have to bear this downwards situation of the market. It will not remain forever. You will see growth in the price very soon.

Well a lot of them have probably sold already lol. I think there are only a few of those that bought at close to 20k who still owns and holds their btcs at this time. Panic did it's work already months ago.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:19:29 PM

I bought some bitcoin in March 2017, sell half of it in Dec 2017 and hodl the other half since then. The current downward trend seem to last for a very long time and I'm quite upset about it. What do you guys think? Should I hodl or sell all my BTC now?

yes you should continue to hold your coin because selling it today will just make you lose a huge amount of your investment, have faith in cryptocurrency and believe that it will pump up again just like what happened last year.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:41:03 PM

Well a lot of them have probably sold already lol. I think there are only a few of those that bought at close to 20k who still owns and holds their btcs at this time. Panic did it's work already months ago.

That may be true, but the market = cycles within cycles within cycles. You have to consider the range that came after the crash as well.

If price were to start consistently holding below $6K, the problem isn't the top buyers at $20K. You're right, those top buyers are mostly washed out already. The problem is all the buyers above $6K who bought the past several months and will be sitting on growing losses if the downtrend picks up steam again.

In other words, which panic? It's not a one-time thing. Tongue

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:51:17 PM

Probably true. Those who bought at that time are mostly newbies and easily swayed or discouraged to hodl their bitcoins. Those who are hodling right now are just those who bought before the price rallied to the new ath. If another rally comes, I am sure newbies will start flocking back again and will push to a new ath.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:54:36 PM

In the bitcoin's history were even longer downtrends so everything is going well, you will sell another half for $40K later  Smiley
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:44:11 PM

I bought some bitcoin in March 2017, sell half of it in Dec 2017 and hodl the other half since then. The current downward trend seem to last for a very long time and I'm quite upset about it. What do you guys think? Should I hodl or sell all my BTC now?
You better hold it because it will be worth it in the right time or else you might suffer and regret your bad decision. Anyway, there's no good or bad decision here but when you finally realized your mistakes then that's the time you'll start to regret for your decision.

If you happens to look at the previous chart since January up until now, Bitcoin is not yet recovering and not even breaking the resistance yet because it's just suddenly took so much decline in the market. So, HODL!!

Ikay

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:33:57 AM

Don't!
hold it until the price come back because you will lost your money on that way just be patient because we know that the price is not in stable so definitely you'll be lost anything if you do a wrong move and make a wrong choices so observe the market and be patient.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:50:31 AM

Don't!
hold it until the price come back because you will lost your money on that way just be patient because we know that the price is not in stable so definitely you'll be lost anything if you do a wrong move and make a wrong choices so observe the market and be patient.
Patience is indeed a virtue. With the current price of Bitcoin at 6.2k there's still a room for it to rise at a higher value. I think during this downturn, holding is an ideal strategy to reduce huge losses. Let's all be hopeful, and be informed that market is constantly recovering and at the course of time it will generate huge profit.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:04:10 AM

Don't!
Patience is indeed a virtue. With the current price of Bitcoin at 6.2k there's still a room for it to rise at a higher value. I think during this downturn, holding is an ideal strategy to reduce huge losses. Let's all be hopeful, and be informed that market is constantly recovering and at the course of time it will generate huge profit.

Lol. There's a huge room to fill the gap here. From $20K>>> $6K. So its either those who bought bitcoin sell to cut off loses or just hold on it. i will choose the former though. We are not losing any money by holding, what you really need is a lot of patience and not be tempted to sell and of course the mentality that bitcoin will always recovered should always be on top of our minds specially for huge investors.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
fantasticX5

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:20:23 AM

I think this will depend on your needs, if you need money now then sell it all and never invest again since you have no patience for this technology. It will just cause you upset.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:01:22 AM

I think this will depend on your needs, if you need money now then sell it all and never invest again since you have no patience for this technology. It will just cause you upset.
Holding is the safest way to be free from losing but it won't actually works for the people that are impatient and couldn't take the risk anymore. Mostly, they will sell off their coins to cut loses and diversify into other coins. Anyway it is good also, but considering that you are still losing, it is not the best way to consider. It s better to buy more bitcoin and then wait for it pumps.
himtater87

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:16:01 AM

It depends on your financial situation. If you need the money there is nothing but cash it out. Thats the only reason to ever cash out your bitcoins. When the bitcoin price dropped this much and you already cashed out some of it on the ATH, why would you cash the rest of the bitcoin unless you really need it. There are some emergencies in peoples lifes and you may need some quick cash to pay for those troubles, in that case DEFINITELY cash out your bitcoin. If you do not however need the money, it would be not wise to cash right now.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:34:27 PM

I know that we are not happy with the price being this low but you could sell now and still be on profits if that is what you want, but why sell now when the price is very low? It is better to take some time to wait and see what it is going to happen, bitcoin has recovered some of the ground it lost and this could be the beginning of a small recovery.
policeoo

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 05:06:50 PM

You can still buy bitcoin. It is never too late. There was a couple of months price below 7 000, it is still quite good to invest. I know people who invested while it was 11 000 and they sold it on 19 000. It depends how much money you are looking to invest, how much you want to wait until it raises again... It certainly isn't the best moment like when I joined 5 years ago,  but it still has room to make some money from it. Just what you need right now is to hodl Smiley

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:54:30 PM

If you bought bitcoins at March 2017 and sold them at Dec 2017 then you actually made more than 10 times of your investment captial and still the prices are more expensive than the price you were bought so you no need to worry for now,just hold it if you want more profits.So the answer in is your hand whether you can hold or sell it.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:53:23 PM

Thats just frustration man. That kind of question can be answered by yourself.
Investment is supposed to be profitable. Now, how can you make a profit if you sell during the bear market?
Stretched your patience a little bit and you'll see a good result.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: