Last edit: May 29, 2016, 09:32:01 PM by BitcoinEXpress

delete
Del137

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:07:03 PM

well, that it was done for

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
DubFX

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:08:11 PM

I agree, didn't even touch it thought.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:11:43 PM

Yep, i was actually very excited about it, but when i saw the launch disaster, and the pumped up price at launch (it was valued at like $35 per coin at some point) i knew something was wrong so i stayed away. I mined a few coins then dumped, never bought a single one and won't buy any.

I was literally disgusted by the obvious pump by max keiser on his show and twitter feed, he was (and still is) telling people to buy max even when it was like $10-$30 per coin, telling them its still cheap and it will beat bitcoin one day, etc. Totally ignoring the fact that maxcoin has a total coin supply of 250 MILLION (so even at $1 you're betting on the coin to be valued at $250MILLION in the near future)

He is making a mockery of of Crypto, i had so much respect for him but after maxcoin, all gone.

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:34:10 PM

its biggest scam coin out there right now

broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:35:35 PM

Max Keister.  Tongue

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
panteraforlife

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:47:30 PM

Yeah I mined a few and sold them as soon as I could, This coin was mega fail from the get go.

Bansheroom

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:58:03 PM

A crappy scamcoin with a fucked up launch, dumped fast, everything as expected.

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:04:23 PM

Dump = price going under the market, awaiting next pump. But i dont await the pump very soon after that experiences Cheesy

In Pump and Dump we trust.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:07:58 PM

I am stuck with maxoin @ 0.017 lost 0.09 btc over this. I never expected this coin to fail and be worse than any Cryptsy pump and dump and am quite sad. I am still bag holding it in the hope it might go up and I lose less instead of selling now so we will wait and see. I think MAX and his peeps made a killing plus the miners of course..rest of us noobs oh well classic bag holders lol. Cry
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:43:02 PM

Was there any infrastructure behind this at all?  If not, then yes, classic pump and dump using Max's fame.  Talk about poor form.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:01:00 PM

Yep, i was actually very excited about it, but when i saw the launch disaster, and the pumped up price at launch (it was valued at like $35 per coin at some point) i knew something was wrong so i stayed away. I mined a few coins then dumped, never bought a single one and won't buy any.

I was literally disgusted by the obvious pump by max keiser on his show and twitter feed, he was (and still is) telling people to buy max even when it was like $10-$30 per coin, telling them its still cheap and it will beat bitcoin one day, etc. Totally ignoring the fact that maxcoin has a total coin supply of 250 MILLION (so even at $1 you're betting on the coin to be valued at $250MILLION in the near future)

He is making a mockery of of Crypto, i had so much respect for him but after maxcoin, all gone.

+1

Anyone who also doesn't think there wasn't a working GPU miner pre launch is also delusional.

The hash rate and diff sky rocketing in the first two hours shows that definitively.

Max didn't need a premine when he had that edge.

~BCX~

agreed and that is pump and dump 101
gotta have a gpu miner "in the works" lol

top guy on pool i was on trying* to mine some maxcoin this morning was set to make an est of 1.2 million usd per month at current prices
(prob unrelated but interesting)

there is almost always more than meets the eye with the coin releases.. do you choose to see what is there or stuff your head in the sand ?
and hey i am just as evil as the next guy but we CAN do this stuff with some honesty..
it's easier to swallow your pill of shit if the doctor is honest and says hey "it's a shit pill"
far to much smoke and mirrors and account creation scripting going on..
i am pretty sure some of these guys have hundreds of accounts.

FUD first & ask questions later™
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:14:04 PM

Development on the GPU miner was the reason they needed more time  Roll Eyes
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:36:07 PM

Development on the GPU miner was the reason they needed more time  Roll Eyes

Anyone who doesn't think there wasn't a fully working GPU miner pre launch is delusional.

No need for a pre mine when you can be the only one with a GPU miner for 24 hours.

The  straight up rapid rise in hashrate and difficulty was the first clue.

~BCX~

Doesn't prove that the devs made themselves a GPU miner. Possible, but cudaminer supported MaxCoin prior to release because some of the code leaked out 24 hours before they went live with the wallet. I was mining with my GTX780s as soon as they released the wallet.
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:44:23 PM

I feel sad for everyone who bought some coins.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
rix5

Activity: 271

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:01:09 AM

where is the announcement for max?
Did he not even care to announce it?
relm9

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:12:49 AM

Development on the GPU miner was the reason they needed more time  Roll Eyes

Anyone who doesn't think there wasn't a fully working GPU miner pre launch is delusional.

No need for a pre mine when you can be the only one with a GPU miner for 24 hours.

The  straight up rapid rise in hashrate and difficulty was the first clue.

~BCX~

Doesn't prove that the devs made themselves a GPU miner. Possible, but cudaminer supported MaxCoin prior to release because some of the code leaked out 24 hours before they went live with the wallet. I was mining with my GTX780s as soon as they released the wallet.

Guess what, CUDA mining with a GTX780 is gpu mining.

Leaking the source was cover for having a large prepositioned CUDA farm that gave the devs a huge advantage for about 24 hours. No one had that many spare Nvidia cards lying around and the 24 hour lag till AMD came on the scene was plenty of time to rake it in. This was an absolute stroke of genius as it allowed the MAX devs to reap all the benefits of a premine while claiming it was a "Fair launch" LOL.

~BCX~

Obviously... I'm not an idiot.

You suggested the devs were the only ones that had access to a GPU miner while everyone else was stuck on CPUs, though. That wasn't the case. Anyone with an Nvidia GPU could have joined in.

That said it was a terrible launch regardless.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:24:30 AM

Entire thing was a total sham. No working windows QT was the first sign of a scam after all of the time they had to get the launch correct.  Seems expensive even now considering it's terrible start ... hope it crashes down x10 more from here. Sad thing is the devs cashed out way back when it was being sold a crypto gold.

leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Almost all coins started out like that...

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
relm9

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

Almost all coins started out like that...

Most coins launch with a working Windows client and plenty of pools. MaxCoin had neither at launch. Then they threw a curveball at people who had no clue how to work a command line client by saying there would be no GUI client for Windows just an hour from release...

I made a lot of BTC off the whole thing so I can't complain, but let's be honest here, the launch was handled very poorly.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: