Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Dropping Precipitously  (Read 6390 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:34:55 PM

No.  One exchange did one trade at USD102.

So, look at the charts...I don't need to explain anything do I.

Bitfinex went to $100. Bet a few stop losses got called there...or worse still, bet a few margin investors without stop losses got their entire capital fkn wiped out. Shady horrible exchange.

You, and dozens of others do have a lot of explaining to do. All the way down from $1000 Bitcoin. Stamp went to $530 with invariably lower prices to follow. You fkn assholes have been cheer-leading a vapour asset that has lost around 50% of its value in the last month, telling noobs to buy them $1000, $900, $800, $700 etc etc coins while they are still so cheap.

There are probably a lot of people wanting to cash out, but are doing so slowly as not to tank the market. That is why every rebound the price will quickly go to a new low. That is how I would be cashing out.

I suspect that the fact that Bitcoin even registered $100 on BTC-e (whale hitting wrong buttons possibly) and on Bitfinex, sharks farming/robbing/stealing margin calls and stop losses, will send a chill up many a spine of the wholesale Bitcoin holder.

Nobody wants to go from zero to hero, and then back to zero, no matter how fanatical they are. This fleeting $100 price tag will serve as a chilling reminder of exactly how bad it might get.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:22:47 PM

HODLers are like the OPEC sheiks that all say don't sell oil for less while shipping barrels out the back door on the cheap

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:30:41 PM

...send a chill up many a spine of the wholesale Bitcoin holder...

That's how I felt when I saw that drop to 102$ on BTC-E. And I've been 100% fiat for quite some time.
I was expecting this drop since mid January and wanted to buy back close to this bottom and sell close the top of the rebound.
Now I'm waiting to see what happens next, I'm not sure if the market has hit a local bottom or not.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
akujin

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:39:15 PM

BTC hit $102 after you posted that and before I posted this reply.

seems to me you got some splaining to do lucy

No.  One exchange did one trade at USD102.

So, look at the charts...I don't need to explain anything do I.

Newbs always freak at BTCs price fluctuations....and you're no different.  This isn't the NASDAQ where everyone gets headlines by a 4% move.  Gox has been a disaster for over a year and things are coming to a head.  But we really don't need a young bulls mewling 'disaster' every other thread.

Bottom line is you're here to shill your crypto websites and a bit worried your venture may go tits up before it launches.

Well, don't worry...everything will be fine. Smiley

Just one?  Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:13:11 PM

What happened?
Nothing sir.. just discussing and trying to predict what is impossible to predict BTC rate Tongue it was some 540$/BTC just few moments ago.. so few investors got regular panic attack..! but i don't think they should bother about what happening in market on daily basis, rather look back after 3-5years, nd i'm sure like many others that everyone who invested in BTC will surely have a smile on there face

The market was technically weak before GOX goxxed everyone. If it hadn't been for this epic panic I would have been betting that the week would continue weak and slumping. However, a drop of 80% does not happen in a normal market. Normally it wouldn't be allowed and people would fear that intensely.

However Bitcoin markets are pure and don't give two shits about what price people want to sell at so we got our epic 100 USD sales and it may very well have brought to this moment, a LOT earlier in time, many of the weak hands that would have normally waited till later in the week/month to participate in some epic capitulation.

We have just entered uncharted waters but I think that the exchange market for Bitcoin just gained A LOT for the long term in the form of lower volatility. Evolution works fast in such a pure market and the predators  FUD'ers might have played their role today.

the FUDers would be powerless if the CC market took the air out of the media manipulators and  hypers balloons.   Bitcoin deserves a stable market, structured on truth, proof, and responsible accountability.  

Hm, Bitcoin deserves people not prone to FUD and hype, but doing their own research thorouglhy.
There is no problem in creating "insured exchange" with accountability, insurance, trading interruptions in the times of high volatility, etc. Such exchanges would probably limit high frequency daytrading, tape-painting, set limits for trade bots, be cooperating in government... All this is fine and well. As long as such exchanges present themselves as "an alternative" but not as "the only alternative". The ones desiring such exchanges would trade on them and sacrifice profit, liberty and self-responsibility for more security and assurances. Everyones choice.
This is like investment triangle. Investment can be profitable or low risk or liquid. Choose one. Very good investments can be two of these things. No investment is all three. Same goes for services. Cheap, fast, reliable (high-quality). Choose two. Do not cry that they "ought to be all three".

agreed

but you know that hype moves movies and magazines, that blood determines the headlines and pain drives the news so how does the cryptocurrency industry grow around it?   How do we show newcomers how to protect their self interests? 
DPoS

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:22:40 PM

you can submit applications to him to sell 25 or more BTC with a price that you negotiate with him..
   I figure the HODLERZ sent him ones that had $50,000 each for the price

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
magicmexican

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:39:04 PM

This fleeting $100 price tag will serve as a chilling reminder of exactly how bad it might get.

Or how 8kBTC was dumped when panic was on it's peak, and yet market did not give a shit :

DPoS

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:07:09 AM

you can submit applications to him to sell 25 or more BTC with a price that you negotiate with him..
   I figure the HODLERZ sent him ones that had $50,000 each for the price

errr, who's the the "him" that you speak of with such great power?   I noticed you mentioned the HODLERZ twice, how much of the market do you think the HoDLERZ control?

the cat from second market...

How Does it Work For Sellers?

Complete a New Account Profile (NAP) form
    SecondMarket notifies you of approval to trade once compliance procedures are completed
    Negotiate the price with SecondMarket traders (min. transaction size: 25 BTC)
    Seller sends bitcoin to SecondMarket wallet
    After 6 confirmations on the blockchain network, a wire is sent to the seller’s bank account
    SecondMarket provides a FED reference number for tracking purposes

The process can be completed within one business day.

creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:03:26 AM

This fleeting $100 price tag will serve as a chilling reminder of exactly how bad it might get.

Or how 8kBTC was dumped when panic was on it's peak, and yet market did not give a shit :

Quoted for truth!!

And oh look...less that a day later...

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:16:22 AM

Good job posting that u maggot.

It was already at about $660 when I made that post....woo it went up another $40 since then. Quick honey, sell the house, get out on the game, we need as much worthless fiat as we can get our hands on to put into Bitcoin before it's too late.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
creekbore

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:44:06 AM

Quoted for truth!!

you are showing me a single chart, I was actually awake and tracking the market at coinmarketcap.com, and coinbase.com  neither one reflected the $102 btw, but did reflect the $500+ figures.   I only need documentation for things I need to take on faith, not for things I actually experienced.

I was awake too...we're not all on US time.

Why not take a look at teh long term term trend line...see what that tells you.

As for "faith"....well, you seem to hold DogMuckCoin...get back to me in 12 months and let me know how that goes.

creekbore

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:47:10 AM

Good job posting that u maggot.

It was already at about $660 when I made that post....woo it went up another $40 since then. Quick honey, sell the house, get out on the game, we need as much worthless fiat as we can get our hands on to put into Bitcoin before it's too late.

Hhhmm... taking refuge in ad hom attacks...that really advances your argument.

You seem to be in the "BTC is finished camp", so the question is: why are you still here?
Saving us from ourselves, no doubt - how civic minded.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:00:50 PM

BTC is strong and it will not give any 300$ coins no more.
Sorry xD
Armis (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:12:07 PM

Quoted for truth!!

you are showing me a single chart, I was actually awake and tracking the market at coinmarketcap.com, and coinbase.com  neither one reflected the $102 btw, but did reflect the $500+ figures.   I only need documentation for things I need to take on faith, not for things I actually experienced.

I was awake too...we're not all on US time.

Why not take a look at teh long term term trend line...see what that tells you.

As for "faith"....well, you seem to hold DogMuckCoin...get back to me in 12 months and let me know how that goes.

Stop the unnecessary hate.

For far too long and even now cryptocurrency bitcoin gets bashed over and over again in the real world, but it seems just like the vicious cycle of human abuse "hurt people, hurting other people" so now too many CC BTC holders are following suit trying to abuse holders of "alt" CC -- stop the nonsense.

[Edit] I just saw the following response you issued to another forum member that seem appropriate to attach to this reply, the irony isn't lost either:

Hhhmm... taking refuge in ad hom attacks...that really advances your argument.

hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:12:56 PM

Bicoin will be back above $1200 by end of spring. Mt GOX will rise from it's ashes but it will never be the biggest bitcoin exchange again but it will not die.

I think the time to buy cheap alt coins is now. Bitcoin too...

Monday could be ugly but it will be a buying opportunity.
I am %99 percent sure about this!
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:15:38 PM

Bicoin will be back above $1200 by end of spring. Mt GOX will rise from it's ashes but it will never be the biggest bitcoin exchange again but it will not die.

Sure it will be like that. And maybe people will learn to dont panic SO much
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:22:23 PM

BTC is strong and it will not give any 300$ coins no more.
Sorry xD

and you know this because?

it's amazing how everyone KNOWS values will increase, but can't imagine values decreasing yet all of the evidence indicated that both will ALWAYS occur. 

Oh, I know you didn't say that it will not decrease, but you did say that it won't decrease to $300. my question is how do you know this, and better yet how can you ensure this?

I cannot be sure.
But it would be not realy normal in BTC world to see price  drop huge like this.
I am looking into Cryptoworld from a quite long time.

And what I am telling is related to my experience with it.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

heck today is Wednesday you should be more than 99% sure about that (smile) .  

Made my day Tongue
johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:27:34 PM

The price have been dropping since I started keeping BTC Sad
Armis (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:42:36 PM

Sure it will be like that. And maybe people will learn to dont panic SO much

That's so easy to say when your money isn't disappearing in front of your face.  

100 BTC worth $80,000 is suddenly worth $75K, then only a few hours later it is worth $60K then a few more hours it's worth $50K  how can you guarantee anyone at any that point that it will not continue to fall?  

The fact is, now the massive disaster is over, but your 100 BTC is not worth $80K, or $50K either, but $65K are you pleased?  

The whole cryptocurrency industry is both a game and a gamble
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: