Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi is Back, suggests Fortune  (Read 3072 times)
hasemase

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:51:10 PM

Thank you for the link. It seems that they are is going to be a new birth of BTC. I feel very curious about this. I am waiting to see what’s going to happen.

Why do you think there will be a rebirth? The book will tell stories about bitcoin and its creator. Bitcoin will still be Bitcoin.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billknight

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:52:17 PM

I am also curious about the website they are referring to, but they didn't say it where. Will if Satoshi Nakamoto back will bring the impact of rising Bitcoin?
I do not think Satoshi will don't come back. Because everyone does not know who Satoshi Nakamoto is. So there are probably some people who claim to be Satoshi Nakamoto, and they are Satoshi Nakamoto fake
currencydesigner123

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:14:03 PM

Yes, I also have seen the news. I think that something new is coming in the market. And it would be benevolent for the whole crypro industry.
PhantasmRisk

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:06:17 AM

There is not legit or authentic source to validate such information. But if that does happen, it will be good for the investors. Given that the market is in a dip and an increase in the level of investments would be a very needed activity to bring the market to an upward slope.
nikiknowsnothing

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:21:55 AM

Sounds like a good news. I sometimes think that what if Satoshi is dead and someone is just impersonating him, lol. I love Satoshi Nakamoto because of his/her mysterious nature. I would love to read a book of him.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:31:56 AM

Why would Satoshi go through all the trouble to hide his identity for years and now release a book that can be traced back to him. A book will have a publisher and the publisher have to pay Satoshi and that will leave a paper trail back to Satoshi. It is not as if Satoshi need the money and even if Satoshi just do this to donate the money to charity, then this will still be traced back to him/her.  Roll Eyes
A much better approach would just be to write a email or add a entry on a Blog, with proof of a signed messaged to his/her coins.  Roll Eyes
Indeed. A persons circumstances can change greatly. However, I don't see anything (yet) that we didn't really already know or that isn't ad-lib.
As someone who was here early on (when Satoshi was on this forum) I do occasionally receive requests for historical information ...
Example:
« Sent to: BitcoinFX on: August 15, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
"Hello,
I am developing a website dedicated to the history of bitcoin.  I noticed you are an early user of bitcoin, and was wondering if you had any e-mail conversations with Satoshi or other early developers that you would be willing to share?  If requested, I will remove any of your personal information before making anything public.
I am also interested in any IRC bitcoin or bitcoin-dev logs (pre-2011).
Thank you for your time!"

Satoshi - If you recall, can you tell me what you told me you wanted to build for Bitcoin, before I also left this forum?  Roll Eyes

P.S. Do send me a PM for my protonmail account and yes I ofc have a 2nd 'authenticator' question ready, if you know the first answer.

Bitcoin Bank   Grin

hacker monks to save bitcoin from itself
Amir Taaki
Now he's back, with radical plans for bitcoin – and the states of Western Europe
seems like nearly everyone forgot what bitcoin was about

Grin
nguyenthu415141@gmail.com

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:35:42 AM

In the world there is a lot of information about the appearance of Satoshi. No one knows whether he is alive or dead. Or just impersonation
anhmai4155948@gmail.com

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:39:47 AM

Is this a false information or an impostor to increase the price of Bitcoin to redeem. I quite doubt about this
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:41:03 AM

I am also curious about the website they are referring to, but they didn't say it where. Will if Satoshi Nakamoto back will bring the impact of rising Bitcoin?

Yes, it will bring great impact on bitcoin if it's true that Mr. Satoshi is coming back but let's not bring our hopes up on this article because we don't want to be hyped all over this news and might spread a FUDs.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:42:09 AM

Yes, it will bring great impact on bitcoin if it's true that Mr. Satoshi is coming back but let's not bring our hopes up on this article because we don't want to be hyped all over this news and might spread a FUDs.

Now, if Satoshi did come out to be Craig Wright we are all frigging doomed, he hates all BTC types for not believing him to be Satoshi. Could you imagine how much

hell, he could cause with crypto, if he was Satoshi and as he claims have access to a Bitcoin Trust on Jan 1st, 2020, again as he claims? He could trash BTC down

to $500 bucks for the hell of it and laugh it all burned....and still be a Billionaire in USD in BTC!

shudder...scared self Sad

brad

Bloomberg Fortune, today (or yesterday, depending on where you live):

"Unknown Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Might Be Writing a Book

Is the unknown creator of Bitcoin writing a book about it?

That could be concluded from a cryptic message posted Friday at a website possibly linked to Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym used by the person or people who released the original Bitcoin white paper in 2008."

read more: http://fortune.com/2018/06/30/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-book/

Can someone kindly tell us what website they're talking about? It's not this one, is it?

The article also claims that the writing style is 'completely different' than examples in the past from Satoshi. Unless he has help from

another author or some such...it is unlikely to be true.

However, if true, there would be 'quite' the hunt for Satoshi. For example, if from the USA, I suppose a case could be made on 'taxes'? (unclear on that)

and/or other issues...would be cool if he 'could' (very unlikely) make a book and explain BTC beginnings, without giving his ID away....would drive the

powers that be frigging 'nuts' heh (hey a guy can dream ya know on the turmoil this would cause!) Smiley

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:57:18 AM

Why would Satoshi go through all the trouble to hide his identity for years and now release a book that can be traced back to him. A book will have a publisher and the publisher have to pay Satoshi and that will leave a paper trail back to Satoshi. It is not as if Satoshi need the money and even if Satoshi just do this to donate the money to charity, then this will still be traced back to him/her.  Roll Eyes
A much better approach would just be to write a email or add a entry on a Blog, with proof of a signed messaged to his/her coins.  Roll Eyes
Indeed. A persons circumstances can change greatly. However, I don't see anything (yet) that we didn't really already know or that isn't ad-lib.
As someone who was here early on (when Satoshi was on this forum) I do occasionally receive requests for historical information ...
Example:
"Hello,
I am developing a website dedicated to the history of bitcoin.  I noticed you are an early user of bitcoin, and was wondering if you had any e-mail conversations with Satoshi or other early developers that you would be willing to share?  If requested, I will remove any of your personal information before making anything public.

Satoshi - If you recall, can you tell me what you told me you wanted to build for Bitcoin, before I also left this forum?  Roll Eyes

P.S. Do send me a PM for my protonmail account and yes I ofc have a 2nd 'authenticator' question ready, if you know the first answer.

Bitcoin Bank   Grin

Amir Taaki
Now he's back, with radical plans for bitcoin – and the states of Western Europe

Can we use the Bank?

Grin
nguyenthu415141@gmail.com

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:01:09 AM

satoshi is a miner. He dug over 1 million Bitcoins. What I wondered was what he came up with and what he did with the Bitcoin he was holding
lolehiM92

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:08:55 AM

What if Satoshi came back, if he could, but the step we can see I think the market will be better and the human belief in the bitcoin market will grow than  bitooin  happening today
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 08:57:50 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 09:24:16 AM by BitcoinFX

Example:
"Hello,

Bitcoin Bank   Grin

Amir Taaki

I will neither confirm nor deny if that is the correct answer. The question is intentionally cryptic and one that only the real Satoshi might answer to me forthright.

However, why would Satoshi want to build a Bitcoin Bank - when Bitcoin itself is essentially a fully decentralized banking system.

I discovered bitcoin.org (and this forum) through a very random and extensive search for 'currency' and 'digital cash'. In this regard I was not a developer or someone that Satoshi attracted to the project through the cypherpunks mailing list etc., Thus my private / encrypted text conversations with Satoshi were equally random. They have never been shared anywhere and no logs exist at my end.

I could read and write (bad) code at that time, having participated in various TH poker robots, MT4 forex software and by just simply being a Linux user. I knew the software 'worked'. I ran two full Bitcoin nodes from my home in the UK and mined 24/7 - I was excited and enthused with the bitcoin project to begin with and proceeded with extensive TE advertising under my own volition.

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45.msg559#msg559
If anyone saw that TE banner on the internet and found Bitcoin, it was probably promoted by myself.  Cool

I recognized that the project might draw a critical mass through widespread adoption and I was of course 'invested' through the mining process. On this basis I calculated the number of users (nodes etc.,) and gave it some time. The level of adoption simply took much longer than I expected - probably due to the unique nature of the project. Unfortunately, I decided to sell my mined coins and to move onto other (supposedly more profitable) projects, at that time. I had some investors who did not fully understand what this project could become and I was pushed in other directions. Cry Some personal circumstances also meant that I no longer had the time to tinker with this hobby / start-up.

I think I will post a screen shot of my old 'transfer' wallet so that people can understand just how invested I was at that time.

I did envisage a problem with circulation being very likely to out-strip supply and demand, thus potentially leaving the price in the doldrums, forever. I was also concerned that the government or relevant authorities would eventually try to shut it down (realize that this task would of been much much easier back then). I also considered issues with regards to scalability and to the finite supply - which I still do, "you cannot trade in diminishing intangibility", this does still become an issue when all bitcoin is mined (note that this effect will only be seen outside of our lifetimes, if at all).

One might consider myself as a segregated witness of bitcoin inception.

- https://youtu.be/RXMnDG3QzxE   Cheesy

EDIT: Unquestionably, for the community, the only real definitive proof of Satoshi is a signed and verifiable message and/or key.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:05:44 AM

First of all, everyone check out the link in the signature of OP, Secondly, why will Satoshi come out of the heaven he is living in with all his bitcoins.? He may have everything he needs already.
Slavyanskiy

Activity: 462
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:12:26 AM

It would be nice if Satoshi Nakamoto returned. He could have made many positive changes in bitcoin and the community would support to him.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:18:04 AM

I know that satoshi only wrote a paper with the title "a peer to peer electronic cash system"

and its contents explain how the blockchain system works. and I did not find any other information that satoshi created the perfect guidebook about bitcoin.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:57:34 AM

Example:
"Hello,

Bitcoin Bank   Grin

Amir Taaki

I will neither confirm nor deny if that is the correct answer. The question is intentionally cryptic and one that only the real Satoshi might answer to me forthright.

However, why would Satoshi want to build a Bitcoin Bank - when Bitcoin itself is essentially a fully decentralized banking system.

I discovered bitcoin.org (and this forum) through a very random and extensive search for 'currency' and 'digital cash'. In this regard I was not a developer or someone that Satoshi attracted to the project through the cypherpunks mailing list etc., Thus my private / encrypted text conversations with Satoshi were equally random. They have never been shared anywhere and no logs exist at my end.

I could read and write (bad) code at that time, having participated in various TH poker robots, MT4 forex software and by just simply being a Linux user. I knew the software 'worked'. I ran two full Bitcoin nodes from my home in the UK and mined 24/7 - I was excited and enthused with the bitcoin project to begin with and proceeded with extensive TE advertising under my own volition.

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45.msg559#msg559
If anyone saw that TE banner on the internet and found Bitcoin, it was probably promoted by myself.  Cool

I recognized that the project might draw a critical mass through widespread adoption and I was of course 'invested' through the mining process. On this basis I calculated the number of users (nodes etc.,) and gave it some time. The level of adoption simply took much longer than I expected - probably due to the unique nature of the project. Unfortunately, I decided to sell my mined coins and to move onto other (supposedly more profitable) projects, at that time. I had some investors who did not fully understand what this project could become and I was pushed in other directions. Cry Some personal circumstances also meant that I no longer had the time to tinker with this hobby / start-up.

I think I will post a screen shot of my old 'transfer' wallet so that people can understand just how invested I was at that time.

I did envisage a problem with circulation being very likely to out-strip supply and demand, thus potentially leaving the price in the doldrums, forever. I was also concerned that the government or relevant authorities would eventually try to shut it down (realize that this task would of been much much easier back then). I also considered issues with regards to scalability and to the finite supply - which I still do, "you cannot trade in diminishing intangibility", this does still become an issue when all bitcoin is mined (note that this effect will only be seen outside of our lifetimes, if at all).

One might consider myself as a segregated witness of bitcoin inception.

- https://youtu.be/RXMnDG3QzxE   Cheesy

EDIT: Unquestionably, for the community, the only real definitive proof of Satoshi is a signed and verifiable message and/or key.

..."I was also concerned that the government or relevant authorities would eventually try to shut it down"...

Going through past posts it is obvious to me the forum was full of Agents
With wikileaks and Bruce Wagner basically telling everyone satoshi did it, I am not surprised he ran

CIA/NSA/FBI cronies still in the forums

Attacks still continue, from the early ddos to fake altcoin markets, big block debates

What projects I learnt that were not finished and very important was the BitDNS and fast payments

1) Satoshsi said himself bitcoin will end up being a reserve currency for large payments
2) BitDNS project satohsi worked on with??? was looking at fast payments

I do not need confirmation on any projects and apologies for bringing them up

One reason for a bitcoin bank though. If you could criminalize the Central banking system and its owners - what would you replace it with

What is interesting is a lot of old players want the bitcoin used as intended

Competition to the Central Banking system

Grin
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:08:02 PM

But still, I can't believe this news. Fortune is a very good potential website but still, Satoshi Nakamoto writing a book? No way! We have seen many fake persons claimed already as Satoshi Nakamoto, There has a rumor too that Nakamoto dead already. So, overall I don't think this news is real. But if Satoshi Nakamoto still alive then I want to see him active again.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:11:13 PM

Bloomberg Fortune, today (or yesterday, depending on where you live):

"Unknown Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Might Be Writing a Book

Is the unknown creator of Bitcoin writing a book about it?

That could be concluded from a cryptic message posted Friday at a website possibly linked to Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym used by the person or people who released the original Bitcoin white paper in 2008."

read more: http://fortune.com/2018/06/30/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-book/

Can someone kindly tell us what website they're talking about? Its not this one is it?
Likewise here. I am also curious of who is or are behind the name Satoshi Nakamoto. Is it really a pseudonym or his name really. I also do some researching about this.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: