Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi is Back, suggests Fortune  (Read 3073 times)
bubblebubble

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:14:49 PM

I think this is a brillant commercial idea and nothing more.
In any case I'm curious about the book and I'd like to read it Smiley
juliehunt07

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:20:27 PM

That's a thrilling news for the Bitcoin community. Satoshi Nakamoto has discovered Bitcoin and has remained anonymous about it. If this news is really true, it is going to make a significant change in the market.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:47:11 PM

here you can read what satoshi worked on with bitcoin

All satoshi posts from the forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

Grin
yianni

Activity: 141
Merit: 18

BScEE, BScCS, MScCS

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:58:42 PM

Why would Satoshi go through all the trouble to hide his identity for years and now release a book that can be traced back to him. A book will have a publisher and the publisher have to pay Satoshi and that will leave a paper trail back to Satoshi. It is not as if Satoshi need the money and even if Satoshi just do this to donate the money to charity, then this will still be traced back to him/her.  Roll Eyes
A much better approach would just be to write a email or add a entry on a Blog, with proof of a signed messaged to his/her coins.  Roll Eyes
Indeed. A persons circumstances can change greatly. However, I don't see anything (yet) that we didn't really already know or that isn't ad-lib.
As someone who was here early on (when Satoshi was on this forum) I do occasionally receive requests for historical information ...
Example:
« Sent to: BitcoinFX on: August 15, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
"Hello,
I am developing a website dedicated to the history of bitcoin.  I noticed you are an early user of bitcoin, and was wondering if you had any e-mail conversations with Satoshi or other early developers that you would be willing to share?  If requested, I will remove any of your personal information before making anything public.
I am also interested in any IRC bitcoin or bitcoin-dev logs (pre-2011).
Thank you for your time!"

Satoshi - If you recall, can you tell me what you told me you wanted to build for Bitcoin, before I also left this forum?  Roll Eyes

P.S. Do send me a PM for my protonmail account and yes I ofc have a 2nd 'authenticator' question ready, if you know the first answer.

Bitcoin Bank   Grin

hacker monks to save bitcoin from itself
Amir Taaki
Now he's back, with radical plans for bitcoin – and the states of Western Europe
seems like nearly everyone forgot what bitcoin was about

I will neither confirm nor deny if that is the correct answer. The question is intentionally cryptic and one that only the real Satoshi might answer to me forthright.

However, why would Satoshi want to build a Bitcoin Bank - when Bitcoin itself is essentially a fully decentralized banking system.

I discovered bitcoin.org (and this forum) through a very random and extensive search for 'currency' and 'digital cash'. In this regard I was not a developer or someone that Satoshi attracted to the project through the cypherpunks mailing list etc., Thus my private / encrypted text conversations with Satoshi were equally random. They have never been shared anywhere and no logs exist at my end.

I could read and write (bad) code at that time, having participated in various TH poker robots, MT4 forex software and by just simply being a Linux user. I knew the software 'worked'. I ran two full Bitcoin nodes from my home in the UK and mined 24/7 - I was excited and enthused with the bitcoin project to begin with and proceeded with extensive TE advertising under my own volition.

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45.msg559#msg559
If anyone saw that TE banner on the internet and found Bitcoin, it was probably promoted by myself.  Cool

I recognized that the project might draw a critical mass through widespread adoption and I was of course 'invested' through the mining process. On this basis I calculated the number of users (nodes etc.,) and gave it some time. The level of adoption simply took much longer than I expected - probably due to the unique nature of the project. Unfortunately, I decided to sell my mined coins and to move onto other (supposedly more profitable) projects, at that time. I had some investors who did not fully understand what this project could become and I was pushed in other directions. Cry Some personal circumstances also meant that I no longer had the time to tinker with this hobby / start-up.

I think I will post a screen shot of my old 'transfer' wallet so that people can understand just how invested I was at that time.

I did envisage a problem with circulation being very likely to out-strip supply and demand, thus potentially leaving the price in the doldrums, forever. I was also concerned that the government or relevant authorities would eventually try to shut it down (realize that this task would of been much much easier back then). I also considered issues with regards to scalability and to the finite supply - which I still do, "you cannot trade in diminishing intangibility", this does still become an issue when all bitcoin is mined (note that this effect will only be seen outside of our lifetimes, if at all).

One might consider myself as a segregated witness of bitcoin inception.

- https://youtu.be/RXMnDG3QzxE   Cheesy

EDIT: Unquestionably, for the community, the only real definitive proof of Satoshi is a signed and verifiable message and/or key.

..."I was also concerned that the government or relevant authorities would eventually try to shut it down"...

Going through past posts it is obvious to me the forum was full of Agents
With wikileaks and Bruce Wagner basically telling everyone satoshi did it, I am not surprised he ran

CIA/NSA/FBI cronies still in the forums

Attacks still continue, from the early ddos to fake altcoin markets, big block debates

What projects I learnt that were not finished and very important was the BitDNS and fast payments

1) Satoshsi said himself bitcoin will end up being a reserve currency for large payments
2) BitDNS project satohsi worked on with??? was looking at fast payments

However, why would Satoshi want to build a Bitcoin Bank - when Bitcoin itself is essentially a fully decentralized banking system.
I do not need confirmation on any projects and apologies for bringing them up

One reason for a bitcoin bank though. If you could criminalize the Central banking system and its owners - what would you replace it with

What is interesting is a lot of old players want the bitcoin used as intended

Competition to the Central Banking system

Central banking system but not to criminalize traditional system and owners but to enforce some sort of automated regulation rules enforced on the bitcoin ecosystem.
I can't think for the life of me how something like that could be implemented but it would be an interesting concept.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:02:28 PM

Yeah it is nothing more than a commercial publicity in order to sell the book but before that create a hype in the market and people get excited about it and start buying the books. Thus this will help the publisher and writer to earn big money from this advertisement trick.
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:14:32 PM

Bloomberg Fortune, today (or yesterday, depending on where you live):

"Unknown Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Might Be Writing a Book

Is the unknown creator of Bitcoin writing a book about it?

That could be concluded from a cryptic message posted Friday at a website possibly linked to Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym used by the person or people who released the original Bitcoin white paper in 2008."

read more: http://fortune.com/2018/06/30/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-book/

Can someone kindly tell us what website they're talking about? Its not this one is it?

wow. That's very interesting news. No one really knows who Satoshi really is. Maybe that book can explain some of our questions about how altcoins can be a potential Bitcoin alternative.

samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:18:43 PM

Recently a news portal has claimed that the founder of crypto currency bitcoin is revealing his/her/their identity to the public. This has increased excitement among the people as a lot of unanswered question will be answered. But this new is not confirmed fully, it might be just a rumor created by someone.
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:45:38 PM

That could be concluded from a cryptic message posted Friday at a website possibly linked to Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym used by the person or people who released the original Bitcoin white paper in 2008."

Can someone kindly tell us what website they're talking about? Its not this one is it?

No one can prove that this is the same Satoshi Nakamoto, so there is no point in believing the sales media.

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 01:54:11 PM

No one can prove that this is the same Satoshi Nakamoto, so there is no point in believing the sales media.

Apparently it's someone faking it/themself as nakamoto and trying to publish a book.
Many experts have pointed out the writer of that announcement can't be the real satoshi be it's his writing style or the spelling mistakes.
It doesn't even have a signed message from his address which he used to use as a proof for the later posts.

https://news.bitcoin.com/satoshi-or-faketoshi-analysts-assess-cryptos-latest-messiah/

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
greenvally

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:26:38 PM

From my perspective i thin Satoshi wants to launch another bitcoin. Because existing bitcoins performance is too good. That’s why he may influence to do this. This new coins name will be bitcoin2.
yianni

BScEE, BScCS, MScCS

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:40:33 PM

From my perspective i thin Satoshi wants to launch another bitcoin. Because existing bitcoins performance is too good. That’s why he may influence to do this. This new coins name will be bitcoin2.

Why would he need to do something like that and destroy the value of the original bitcoin?
It can't be financial incentive since he already holds close to a million bitcoins.
And this time he won't be mining alone.
yianni

BScEE, BScCS, MScCS

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:43:52 PM

Apparently it's someone faking it/themself as nakamoto and trying to publish a book.
Many experts have pointed out the writer of that announcement can't be the real satoshi be it's his writing style or the spelling mistakes.
It doesn't even have a signed message from his address which he used to use as a proof for the later posts.

https://news.bitcoin.com/satoshi-or-faketoshi-analysts-assess-cryptos-latest-messiah/

Or even easier he could just post on this forum that he created using his own account. That would be proof enough. Or even simply just log in.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:35:55 AM

just reading the first paragraph .. i laughed

"I embedded in the coinbase of the first genesis block. "

1. i embedded it into the coinbase
2. of the genesis block

firstly the grammatical error
secondly the real satoshi knows there is only one genesis block.

thus the writer has no skill in writing, nor in undrstanding the invention known as bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
honghue28739489837@gmail.

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:42:43 AM

I am quite skeptical about this information. I know it comes mainly from newspapers and moreover there is no concrete evidence of it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:58:41 AM

it depends on how it is going to be used.
last time someone came out and claimed to be Satoshi we found out that he planned on scamming people. i am talking about Craig who is the biggest scammer so far. they always do this, they use the publicity they gain to make money from.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
iotarocket

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:39:15 AM

I seriously doubt the story of Satoshi Nakamoto resurfacing is legitimate. I think if Satoshi wanted to go public, he would have done so a long time ago. It's obvious he wants to preserve his privacy and we should respect that.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 11:10:42 AM

This man is so mysterious and the news about him is mysterious too. IFrom which website they got this crypted message? No authentic source for this .But iIf he is actually writing something I am eager to go through it.
yianni

BScEE, BScCS, MScCS

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:28:20 PM

2. of the genesis block

thus the writer has no skill in writing, nor in undrstanding the invention known as bitcoin

Actually he claims that there are 2 genesis block. One from the testing initial version of bitcoin and one from the current bitcoin.
Is that valid if you know?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 06:05:25 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2018, 06:56:19 AM by BitcoinFX

2. of the genesis block

Actually he claims that there are 2 genesis block. One from the testing initial version of bitcoin and one from the current bitcoin.
Is that valid if you know?

Who knows?

Slartibartfast knows?

- The Most Intelligent Beings On Earth - https://youtu.be/y5xcvAoKojo

- Slartibartfast on life - https://youtu.be/cPWnitDyIOw

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slartibartfast

"... right at the beginning he says 'My name is not important, and I'm not going to tell you what it is'..."

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167960.0

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
allgetshigh

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:12:21 AM

It is quite obvious that this book is written by media representatives themselves. Likely Bloomberg's dogs.
But, no one cares who is Satoshi... Even if we find out that this is a cat from a neighboring yard, this will not affect anything. Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: