Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:16:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi is Back, suggests Fortune  (Read 3072 times)
marlonbatotoy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

It's hard to trust.. But if it's real i think something gonna happen with the new born bitcoin.. I'm sure there is so much investor will invest on that coin.. But if it's not true and someone pretend to be satoshi well it's another big scam happen..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:33:07 PM

Bloomberg Fortune, today (or yesterday, depending on where you live):

"Unknown Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Might Be Writing a Book

Is the unknown creator of Bitcoin writing a book about it?

That could be concluded from a cryptic message posted Friday at a website possibly linked to Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym used by the person or people who released the original Bitcoin white paper in 2008."

read more: http://fortune.com/2018/06/30/satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-book/

Can someone kindly tell us what website they're talking about? Its not this one is it?
Could anybody give us the link about the book, I am very excited to read and see the story behind its cover, I'm sure that book would be the best seller in our era, especially to those who are crypto enthusiast, Can't wait to see his write up:)
ad_novo

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:39:34 AM

Bitcoin 2 coming ??   Shocked

If Satoshi is back, does it means bitcoin is on rise again? That's what I supposed to understand it. 😊

Really? I dont think so. As I think that Bitcoin is leading the crypto currencies till now, but the break point has being come closely. The alt coin more and more developed by such tons of great team.  and I believe Satoshi is one of them.

This coming up meaning that coming down, especially for those come from same origin (Japan).

By the way, this is my thought and I am just a newbie in crypto market.
Gufeng

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:55:56 PM

But still, I can't believe this news. Fortune is a very good potential website but still, Satoshi Nakamoto writing a book? No way! We have seen many fake persons claimed already as Satoshi Nakamoto, There has a rumor too that Nakamoto dead already. So, overall I don't think this news is real. But if Satoshi Nakamoto still alive then I want to see him active again.

I agree with you. It is really something that unbelievable for that person have already write a book. But why he officially don't present it?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 05:32:59 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 05:48:26 PM by BitcoinFX

KLF Return After 23 Years !!!!!
- https://youtu.be/O2xgxtr8O5M - GIMPO FTW !!!!!   Cheesy   Cool

- https://youtu.be/LXEOESuiYcA?t=2m50s

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Jimmi Andersen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:59:56 PM

For some reason I tend to the fact that Satoshi Nakamoto is not going to write a book about bitcoin and its technology. It's fiction. And moreover, I will say that someone is trying to make money on it, posing as a famous person. I believe in an anonymous currency, an anonymous Creator. Bitcoin does not belong to one person, it is the property of all.  This is Hype news (fake)

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:32:18 PM

For some reason I tend to the fact that Satoshi Nakamoto is not going to write a book about bitcoin and its technology. It's fiction. And moreover, I will say that someone is trying to make money on it, posing as a famous person. I believe in an anonymous currency, an anonymous Creator. Bitcoin does not belong to one person, it is the property of all.  This is Hype news (fake)

..."Satoshi Nakamoto is not going to write a book about bitcoin and its technology"...

Cheers, this made me chuckle if you take it the other way, such as he actually did write a book about bitcoin and its technology

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System

Grin
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:45:01 PM

There is no guaranteeing if it is from satoshi nakamoto or not, seems a shady stuff or just a mere hype to promote the new so-called 'Bitcoin 2' and get people to FOMO into it. Another potential scam building up, and people are gonna fall for it and get rekt as usual.
MobyCrypt

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:28:35 PM

if Satoshi wanted to write a book and stay anonymous he wouldn't do it in a way to raise any suspicions about his identity. he would stay anonymous easily and publish his book(s) and for all we know we already have books written by him and we don't know it yet.

if Satoshi wanted to write a book and reveal his identity he would simply include a signature in the book revealing his identity in a way that is easy to verify by everyone and is undeniable.

when we see someone who is shady and evasive about it and has no proof, it means have another scammer like Craig Wrigt at our hands.

Yep. I could even imagine Bloomberg or some other US based Bankers or whatever training an actor to play the role of Satoshi for real - with the help of the mainstream media they could easily brainwash most of the poplutation, and they they could use Satoshi to manipulate cryptos as they please.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 06:04:16 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 06:22:42 AM by BitcoinFX

For some reason I tend to the fact that Satoshi Nakamoto is not going to write a book about bitcoin and its technology. It's fiction. And moreover, I will say that someone is trying to make money on it, posing as a famous person. I believe in an anonymous currency, an anonymous Creator. Bitcoin does not belong to one person, it is the property of all.  This is Hype news (fake)

..."Satoshi Nakamoto is not going to write a book about bitcoin and its technology"...

Cheers, this made me chuckle if you take it the other way, such as he actually did write a book about bitcoin and its technology

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System

Indeed.

Literal Culture JAM ...
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_jamming

~ These are some sentiments (or effects) that we might consider the real Satoshi to share, if only by accident (through being anonymous and then disappearing)? No? I mean come on!  Cheesy

EDIT : Here's a good example : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bubble_Project

EDIT 2 : i.e. Steal this book (it's free) = Culture Jamming on auto-pilot. The printing press is already printing.

EDIT 3 : Who is Banksy ? etc.,

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
jeffer8035

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:19:50 AM

until he writes of his own account is not satoshi nakamoto no doubt he has to be a multimillionaire lover of technology an economist engineer in mathematical systems if he is and publishes a book without a doubt he would buy it and if he aprese he would congratulate him for having created a of the greatest financial technology and a field of work never before thought

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 07:32:18 AM

the population of the universe introduction to BTCitcoin The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- https://youtu.be/ObwmwnbSw-A   Roll Eyes

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 07:08:42 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2018, 11:45:43 AM by BitcoinFX

" DPM
DEAD PERCH MENACE

THE BOOK SIGNING RULES of ENGAGEMENT

You are invited to have your copy of 2023 a trilogy
rubber stamped by The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu

When approaching the JAMs
do not try to engage in idle conversation,
ask if they remember you from a rave in Chelmsford in 1989,
remind them of a promise they made to you.
Hugging is not permitted.
Kissing is tolerated but strictly no tongues.
Gifts will be accepted but destroyed in a controlled explosion later.
Traditional hand shaking is permitted but not hipster derivatives.
The JAMs will not write messages or dedicate the books to any name.
Do not attempt to take a selfie with the JAMs or with anyone else ever again.
If any historic memorabilia or relic is produced for autographs
Dead Perch Menace will confiscate that object and destroy it.
Please do not film or photograph the JAMs while they are working.

We hope you enjoy your copy of 2023

If you fail to comply with any of the above or for no reason
Dead Perch Menace may confiscate your book until further notice. "

~ SWIM Grin

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:56:52 PM

I must say that I enjoyed the pdf tremendously, and will for sure keep
following the "Family foundation" site.

Whoever the author of this is, he or she has really dug deep in Satoshi's
writings, and does a good job in the portrayal/spoofing.

And ... well, who know, maybe this is the real thing? At least it's a very
fun exercise..

“God does not play dice"
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:12:39 PM

Bitcoin 2 coming ??   Shocked

If Satoshi is back, does it means bitcoin is on rise again? That's what I supposed to understand it. 😊
I don't think so it's so hard to say if will rise or not. All we need is to wait and don't lose hope and be optimistic and positive about the price value of bitcoin.
jennygamilo

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:19:52 PM

Some people says bitcoin is falling some of them says bitcoin is dead, but now there is a new topic that satoshi will back ? I think if that thing will happen then a new generation of bitcoin will born because he is the only one know how to mafe how to handle and manage it because he is the creator of it .
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:20:03 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 05:17:36 PM by BitcoinFX

Re: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4575874.msg41411073#msg41411073

Verifying my (old) zero balance wallet address for blockchain research etc., ...
Note that signing a verifiable message from an early block or the genesis block is exactly what the real Satoshi should be able to do. I, for example could sign a verifiable message from any block from my old wallet.dat - main thread here:
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4630066.0

Verifying my (old) zero balance wallet address for forum account recovery etc.,

1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am not Satoshi Nakamoto. Are you?
42/ is the answer.
Be seeing you at The Restaurant at the End of the Universe?
0.00000000 - BitcoinFX - bitcointalk.org - July 9th, 2018
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp
HMoTNpmqieWmcIvF/aMTCZlLqAuYnrWuQJk45S0pXK4pFOAB/j2WBTkA5KEGSpJQTclPL3ehaTSdPpV9Ivq+lC0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

https://brainwalletx.github.io/#verify?vrAddr=1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp&vrMsg=I%20am%20not%20Satoshi%20Nakamoto.%20Are%20you%3F%0A42%2F%20is%20the%20answer.%0ABe%20seeing%20you%20at%20The%20Restaurant%20at%20the%20End%20of%20the%20Universe%3F%0A0.00000000%20-%20BitcoinFX%20-%20bitcointalk.org%20-%20July%209th%2C%202018&vrSig=HMoTNpmqieWmcIvF%2FaMTCZlLqAuYnrWuQJk45S0pXK4pFOAB%2Fj2WBTkA5KEGSpJQTclPL3ehaTSdPpV9Ivq%2BlC0%3D

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:51:41 PM

Has been removed since, here is the text, retrieved from google

I would like to clear the air on the foundations purpose. And that is the lack of transparency.
So I will be forthright, this website was set up for the purpose of the foundation, which will be
explained later in detail, but I want to stress that it will not be a foundation that receives
any "donations" as is typical of a charitable foundation. I want to make that very clear.
Rather, it is a private foundation, with the funding coming directly from one source, myself.

I also would like to mention that the website was registered anonymously, and through a proxy.
Yes there are other ways to do it with traditional providers. The security to both the email
and domain are tight enough to negate the need or use of PGP. The old key was never actually
used to sign any release of the old software or old emails as coming from me.

I see no obligation in needing it.

I would stress that the cryptographic experts of which I count to be less than ten in the world,
one of you had the advantage of sitting down with me and even brought with you some of my old writings.
You also wrote a story and introduction. I would advise you to keep discretion. But some of your
colleagues seem to be misinformed and perhaps there should be some clarification in private.

You know who you are.

It will be very embarassing to those experts that come from academia to risk their reputation simply
on word.

Although this is a self published effort (in other words, no help whatsoever), I did not want
to betray myself in going any other route. Which is why the paper does not read as professionally
as those store shelf books you have read. The excerpts are completely my own voice, with no editors.
I do not feel the need to put on a show. It is what it is.

This is the basis for why the pdf is in word format and not latex, as this is a story, first and foremost,
and not an academic paper. Although both speak to the same subject matter, both have very different goals.

My only focus at this time is to work on the book which is strictly about my life and has nothing
to do with a small fraction of time that I have since moved on from. That is what the excerpts, which
have been made publicly available are for. Those of who you who enjoyed the excerpt, I am grateful.
Which is why I had considered writing a second excerpt to close that final chapter of my life.

I should state that most of the conversations are already out in the public domain, save for the aspects
that I covered, details of which only I am aware of. This is the basis for which I felt the freedom to talk
about them is because they were already in the public domain, but I cannot stress the fact that there are
countless conversations that have not been made public. I am not in a position to share what are to be
considered private conversations, unless those mentioned choose to make them public.

But I do want to state that I have no objection to any conversation I had being made public. Out of respect I
only discussed that of which is already in the public domain, as I understand that many do not want their
names to be mentioned, for privacy and safety reasons. And that is something I can understand fully,
is the respect for privacy.

I didn't have to do this, I could have just as easily released the book, but I felt the need to explain
the thought process that went behind my writings. And also reveal truths that were unknown.
No one knows the history of what came before better than us. And by us, I do mean us.
Those of us that were involved. Contrary to what is being egregiously written, this was not
a one man effort. I thought I had made that very clear in the excerpt,
but I will state it here officially then.

I wasn't the only one. And the trail marks I left behind in oversight, make that very clear.
As the saying goes, the code will speak for itself. I don't want to put it out there just now. I want to see
who will come forth to challenge that. If any expert wants to challenge that, then I hope you're willing
to put your name and reputation on that too when the book comes out.

The very short beginning to the second excerpt is here: http://nakamotofamilyfoundation.org/predraft.pdf

I am not writing this in response to what is being publicly written, neither positively nor negatively,
but rather as a response to the intentions of the foundation, and to clear the air on the purpose of
the foundation, which will explained later and which will migrate to a shorter domain in the near future.

This is all I will publicly state until the eventual release of the book.

The "predraft" pdf

This is the HTML version of the file http://nakamotofamilyfoundation.org/predraft.pdf. Google automatically generates HTML versions of documents as we crawl the web.
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.
Page 1
Title of Chapter omitted
...If you've noticed by now, I have only mentioned the genesis once. In the beginning of the first excerpt.
And if you recall, I highlighted the word first. That is because it was not the first. Rather, there was
another genesis. From the first version.
A pregenesis of sorts, if you will.
You can imagine the anxiety in what would be the moment I had been waiting for, to see it working, like
the switch to a lift off, or starting up a Hachiroku, and the roar coming on for the first time.
And there it was.
(-------------------------------------------------Omitted section of the book--------------------------------------------------)
What followed, was profound relief.
The story of the genesis is one that deserves its own book. But the genesis will end where it begins.
(This is only the beginning to the second excerpt, which has yet to be finished and would be released at
some point in time, if at all. The rest will be omitted until then, if it ever comes.)

The author has a penchant from mystery which reminds me of Craig.

“God does not play dice"
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 04:56:01 PM

Has been removed since, here is the text, retrieved from google

I would like to clear the air on the foundations purpose. And that is the lack of transparency.
So I will be forthright, this website was set up for the purpose of the foundation, which will be
explained later in detail, but I want to stress that it will not be a foundation that receives
any "donations" as is typical of a charitable foundation. I want to make that very clear.
Rather, it is a private foundation, with the funding coming directly from one source, myself.

I also would like to mention that the website was registered anonymously, and through a proxy.
Yes there are other ways to do it with traditional providers. The security to both the email
and domain are tight enough to negate the need or use of PGP. The old key was never actually
used to sign any release of the old software or old emails as coming from me.

I see no obligation in needing it.

I would stress that the cryptographic experts of which I count to be less than ten in the world,
one of you had the advantage of sitting down with me and even brought with you some of my old writings.
You also wrote a story and introduction. I would advise you to keep discretion. But some of your
colleagues seem to be misinformed and perhaps there should be some clarification in private.

You know who you are.

It will be very embarassing to those experts that come from academia to risk their reputation simply
on word.

Although this is a self published effort (in other words, no help whatsoever), I did not want
to betray myself in going any other route. Which is why the paper does not read as professionally
as those store shelf books you have read. The excerpts are completely my own voice, with no editors.
I do not feel the need to put on a show. It is what it is.

This is the basis for why the pdf is in word format and not latex, as this is a story, first and foremost,
and not an academic paper. Although both speak to the same subject matter, both have very different goals.

My only focus at this time is to work on the book which is strictly about my life and has nothing
to do with a small fraction of time that I have since moved on from. That is what the excerpts, which
have been made publicly available are for. Those of who you who enjoyed the excerpt, I am grateful.
Which is why I had considered writing a second excerpt to close that final chapter of my life.

I should state that most of the conversations are already out in the public domain, save for the aspects
that I covered, details of which only I am aware of. This is the basis for which I felt the freedom to talk
about them is because they were already in the public domain, but I cannot stress the fact that there are
countless conversations that have not been made public. I am not in a position to share what are to be
considered private conversations, unless those mentioned choose to make them public.

But I do want to state that I have no objection to any conversation I had being made public. Out of respect I
only discussed that of which is already in the public domain, as I understand that many do not want their
names to be mentioned, for privacy and safety reasons. And that is something I can understand fully,
is the respect for privacy.

I didn't have to do this, I could have just as easily released the book, but I felt the need to explain
the thought process that went behind my writings. And also reveal truths that were unknown.
No one knows the history of what came before better than us. And by us, I do mean us.
Those of us that were involved. Contrary to what is being egregiously written, this was not
a one man effort. I thought I had made that very clear in the excerpt,
but I will state it here officially then.

I wasn't the only one. And the trail marks I left behind in oversight, make that very clear.
As the saying goes, the code will speak for itself. I don't want to put it out there just now. I want to see
who will come forth to challenge that. If any expert wants to challenge that, then I hope you're willing
to put your name and reputation on that too when the book comes out.

The very short beginning to the second excerpt is here: http://nakamotofamilyfoundation.org/predraft.pdf

I am not writing this in response to what is being publicly written, neither positively nor negatively,
but rather as a response to the intentions of the foundation, and to clear the air on the purpose of
the foundation, which will explained later and which will migrate to a shorter domain in the near future.

This is all I will publicly state until the eventual release of the book.

The "predraft" pdf

This is the HTML version of the file http://nakamotofamilyfoundation.org/predraft.pdf. Google automatically generates HTML versions of documents as we crawl the web.
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.
Page 1
Title of Chapter omitted
...If you've noticed by now, I have only mentioned the genesis once. In the beginning of the first excerpt.
And if you recall, I highlighted the word first. That is because it was not the first. Rather, there was
another genesis. From the first version.
A pregenesis of sorts, if you will.
You can imagine the anxiety in what would be the moment I had been waiting for, to see it working, like
the switch to a lift off, or starting up a Hachiroku, and the roar coming on for the first time.
And there it was.
(-------------------------------------------------Omitted section of the book--------------------------------------------------)
What followed, was profound relief.
The story of the genesis is one that deserves its own book. But the genesis will end where it begins.
(This is only the beginning to the second excerpt, which has yet to be finished and would be released at
some point in time, if at all. The rest will be omitted until then, if it ever comes.)

The author has a penchant from mystery which reminds me of Craig.

Had not seen that myself!

Surely the real Satoshi does not need to assert anything, aside if seeking retribution or justice?

~ I've started so i'll finish???

I wonder if this individual might clafify if more than one person communicated with users here on bitcointalk.org , for example ...

If you couldn't sign a message (for whatever reason) then you could at least move some coins from some 'Satoshi' blocks or just login again, somewhere?

Still ... Not your keys. Not your coins. Here endeth the lesson?

nutildah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7976

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:28:24 AM

I'm thinking its definitely not him.

Looking at his older posts, Satoshi was never that wordy, unless he was trying to technically explain something. He didn't have a penchant for drama, and obviously wanted to maintain his anonymity. He also doesn't need any money, or to say anything, because his work speaks for itself.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀