Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HUGE PLUMMET TOMORROW!  (Read 26184 times)
doolittle

Activity: 340
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:45:50 AM

I don't understand the point of threads like this. If you really want to help people or warn people about something, you should give some actual reasoning or proof. This kind of warning is too vague to help anyone.

Im warning you now, I had a future glimpse... prepare.

I agree with c0dex. I am also concerned about what is now happening at Gox but idiots like BitcoinSteve who make big claims without providing any reasoning just piss me off. Waste of time for everybody. There should be a moderator to kick out guys like that -> zero-tolerance policy.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 03:47:28 AM

I don't understand the point of threads like this. If you really want to help people or warn people about something, you should give some actual reasoning or proof. This kind of warning is too vague to help anyone.

+1

At least tell me why the world is ending

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:48:58 AM

Oh noes!!! The world is going to end again tomorrow!!! Shocked

Then it'll end again in three weeks, and then again in two months!!!

This is like all of those end of the world prophecies. Except more frequent. And more fun?
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:55:02 AM

Point of a thread like this is so the bozo can point back to it in case some dramatic actually happens.   Then he can jump up and down claiming he is the expert when really he is just picking something out of his butt.   
DaFockBro

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:55:34 AM

Mark my words, we will see btc to under $100 by friday... MT GOX will announce they are halting trading indefinitely. Be prepared to buy low if you can!
Dream on, why would people e.g. from Bitstamp sell all their coins? If your neighbours company goes bankrupt because he was an idiot do you close yours too?

Something major is going to happen this week... I am warning you all now..

Care to let us all in on what makes you say this?

I agree with the OP, but I think it's gonna be more towards the end of the week ie. 2/14/14 and it's prolly gonna affect more than just the price of the bitcoin. More like the entire internet or the entire financial system. I figure it might have something to do with the olympics and April 21 2014.

Massive financial collapse the day after 4/20, DOOB HATH SPOKEN
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:17:52 AM

Mark my words, we will see btc to under $100 by friday... MT GOX will announce they are halting trading indefinitely. Be prepared to buy low if you can!

I will bet you we dont hit $100 by friday. Let me know if you are interested.  This will allow you to put your btc where your mouth is if you are that confident in $100 prices Smiley.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:48:09 AM

Oh please.

I've seen these types of "announcements" and threads on and off for a year.

The sky is not falling, the sun will rise, you will get up and empty your bladder.

Keep breathing, it will be ok.

Chill out man.
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:53:36 AM

It's almost as if you're not aware that there are other exchanges.......... . .... . ... ..  . .... ...

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
c0dex

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:56:21 AM

It's almost as if you're not aware that there are other exchanges.......... . .... . ... ..  . .... ...

SLANDER!  [kidding, of course]

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:56:54 AM

Huge plummet tomorrow (today here, already)?  Well no.

I believe the only things that could make the value of bitcoin plummet are a fatal exploit in the design or a concerted effort to cripple and/or shut down exchanges.  The latter is possible, as over the past year we've seen the freezing of MtGox's funds and other exchanges being investigated for money laundering.  Cutting off the supply of money to exchanges would also be an effective way to make the price plummet as panicked investors and speculators battle to sell and withdraw their funds before the exchanges collapse.

Unless the OP has inside info about upcoming police and/or other government action, they're really just trolling.
biafore

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:57:43 AM

Dream on, why would people e.g. from Bitstamp sell all their coins? If your neighbours company goes bankrupt because he was an idiot do you close yours too?

Something major is going to happen this week... I am warning you all now..

Care to let us all in on what makes you say this?

I agree with the OP, but I think it's gonna be more towards the end of the week ie. 2/14/14 and it's prolly gonna affect more than just the price of the bitcoin. More like the entire internet or the entire financial system. I figure it might have something to do with the olympics and April 21 2014.

I will bet anywhere from .01 btc up to 25BTC that this does not happen

Finally someone smart Smiley
c0dex

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:59:01 AM

Unless the OP has inside info about upcoming police and/or other government action, they're really just trolling.

This is the only thing I could imagine as well.

Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:16:03 AM

This thread made me laugh.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:30:37 AM

They dont need to sell all their coins for it to fall low.....
depends what the mood is, do investors want to catch a falling knife? bitcoin needs to find natural support. I believe we could hit 350, before reversing sharply.

traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:33:55 AM

A post like this is the internet forum reputation equivalent to betting the farm on red.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:35:27 AM

Can proudhon please confirm?
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:41:53 AM

I will bet you we dont hit $100 by friday. Let me know if you are interested.  This will allow you to put your btc where your mouth is if you are that confident in $100 prices Smiley.

depending on the handicap I'll take that bet, and I don't think it will go there

my .25 BTC against your 4 btc I'll consider t.

note that if it goes down to $100 by friday you only loose $400, but if it stays at about $600  you receive $150 from me and a more valuable BTC.

8 to 1 handicap? Thats pretty strong lol, dont think you will find anyone to take you up to risk 4btc for 0.25 btc. I will bet with OP though if he feels that strongly about it hitting $100. Im waiting for him to see if he will name a price Smiley
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:45:07 AM

I will bet you we dont hit $100 by friday. Let me know if you are interested.  This will allow you to put your btc where your mouth is if you are that confident in $100 prices Smiley.

depending on the handicap I'll take that bet, and I don't think it will go there

note that if it goes down to $100 by friday you only loose $400, but if it stays at about $600  you receive $150 from me and a more valuable BTC.

I'll take this bet anywhere up to 80 Btc. 8 x 1 we don't go to $100 by Friday. You name the amount. We do escrow. Let's do this thing.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:48:00 AM

note that if it goes down to $100 by friday you only loose $400, but if it stays at about $600  you receive $150 from me and a more valuable BTC.

I'll take this bet anywhere up to 80 Btc. 8 x 1 we don't go to $100 by Friday. You name the amount. We do escrow. Let's do this thing.

Maybe you guys are understanding me wrong. I said it WOULDNT hit $100, OP said it WOULD hit $100, so im trying to be him Smiley
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:54:27 AM

Maybe you guys are understanding me wrong. I said it WOULDNT hit $100, OP said it WOULD hit $100, so im trying to be him Smiley

Right. And I am offering Armis his 8 x 1 leverage. So I put up up to 80 BTC, he puts up up to 10 BTC. If it goes to $100, he gets up to 80BTC and if it doesn't I get up to 10BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: