Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:57:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HUGE PLUMMET TOMORROW!  (Read 26184 times)
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:44:52 PM

For me the question is: those hackers that the OP was somehow close to, have they finished their attack?
They expected to take the price down to 100$, and even on MtGox it's looking very unlikely to happen (happened on BTC-E though).
Do they have another ace in their sleeve, besides the malleability vulnerability? And if so, will they deploy it
today or tomorrow, after the exchanges allow BTC withdrawals, to spook and crash the market again?

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:47:02 PM

So after reading over his comments I believe something's afoul. Not with the OP; but with the circumstances surrounding this market.

Unfortunately the OP is asking for payment for further information; that's not a donation and even though a donation may very well be deserved in this case there's a major difference between the two. It's amazing that he accurately predicted an unpredictable event and also predicted that it would be Gox responsible for igniting it. Nobody expected that to play out in this manner and in this moment so soon...

So he has credibility in his statements...

Now, to further examine this scenario...

Gox is allowing USD withdrawals now but not BTC withdrawals. They previously were insolvent and only offered Goxbux rather than USD. It's extremely likely that it was Gox selling off users coins to reduce the liability of a lawsuit if they do close down the exchange. Those with BTC balances will be forced to sell at low prices and Gox will profit from the difference left over in USD remaining afterwards. Remember that the BTC in user accounts aren't the actual BTC; just an entry into a ledger that indicates how many BTC each user has in a particular user account. They aren't actual wallets (the deposit a user makes  goes to a Gox owned wallet) and user accounts aren't linked to the blockchain...

The OP's sugestion seems like a logical chain of events and knowing that Gox now has about 50,000 BTC left (Assuming they just sold 20,000 of the coins contained within the wallets owned by the exchange) it could bring the market temporarily down to double digits across the major exchanges when they unload the rest instantly without regard for anything else. I can also conclude that even if the OP has insight into events yet to unfold; the fact that he's asking for payment in BTC is EXTREMELY Bullish. It can be concluded that the OP believes BTC will return to higher values after the strong buying waves clear away the blood in the water.

It's also plausible that Gox might have an arrangement with a third party to crash the price in exchange for financial relief as a bailout/get out of jail free card. This hypothetical third party would need to be some major institution or large investor and it's likely they might buy everything available very quickly up to an unknown amount.

I think there's some actual merit to what he's claiming and I'm a Libertarian perma-bull.

A hypothetical third party/major institution such as the FBI perhaps?

I think there's probably some merit to to the idea.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:56:25 PM

I really hope we don't see $100 Gox BTC...I have bitcoins stuck in Gox... Undecided

Gox value will make a comeback, it always does...I think there is still enough trading going on there even though withdraws are frozen.   I bet they are still getting deposits from new people that haven't done their homework too...
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:17:03 PM

TODAY IS FRIDAY, WHERE ARE THE UNDER $100 COINS OP PROMISED??!

Cheesy

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

Cheesy

How did you get on with them cheap $750 coins you said you were gonna buy the other day Pera?

Enjoying owning them?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
teetertotter

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:43:04 PM

One side of me is saying to myself... "bitcoinsteve is a real FUD-hole and he doesn't know anything"

The other side is saying... "it's still Friday where I live"

...and the 3rd side is saying I wish my first post was more exciting.  Grin
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:10:37 PM

Has bitcoinsteve been back to this thread in awhile, or has it been crickets from him?
pera

­バカ

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:19:19 PM

Cheesy

How did you get on with them cheap $750 coins you said you were gonna buy the other day Pera?

Enjoying owning them?

history will tell Smiley luckily enough I went "only" 2/5 of my fiat at 700's, and used the other 3/5 today at 340 @ gox.. hopefully it was a good financial decision, yet risky since the market is crazy right now.

I will keep buying whenever I can, and personally I consider everything below $5k cheap at this point.

If thing goes wrong at least I will be happy to say that I "invested" in something which I believe, even if Bitcoins goes to cents. Should I be worried to be full in? nop, I think I should be happy because I am following my heart, and I am! Kiss

happy valentine's!

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:37:32 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 07:47:43 PM by MatTheCat

history will tell Smiley luckily enough I went "only" 2/5 of my fiat at 700's, and used the other 3/5 today at 340 @ gox.. hopefully it was a good financial decision, yet risky since the market is crazy right now.

Verdammte Scheiße!

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

You might believe in Bitcoin with all your heart, but do you by extension believe in Mark Karpeles with 'all your heart'?

Ultra cheap Goxcoin is the Bitcoin equivalent of AAA rated high yielding mortage backed security derivatives on Wall St, circa 2007.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:39:01 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
pera

­バカ

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:07:01 PM

You might believe in Bitcoin with all your heart, but do you by extension believe in Mark Karpeles with 'all your heart'?

I believe he will find a solution for their software problems and I believe in his intentions to keep his business working. I saw really bad things happen with MtGox, yet he never ran away.. and if there is something I have learned over the pass 4 years about the Bitcoin's community is that people usually run away pretty easily.

I don't like MtGox, but they are important for Bitcoin so I hope the best for them.

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:22:32 PM

not too much buy support at bitstamp right now.   I think we may be in for a downswing over the next few hours.   Doesn't look too severe unless a big dumper jumps in...
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:25:40 PM

I believe he will find a solution for their software problems and I believe in his intentions to keep his business working. I saw really bad things happen with MtGox, yet he never ran away.. and if there is something I have learned over the pass 4 years about the Bitcoin's community is that people usually run away pretty easily.

I don't like MtGox, but they are important for Bitcoin so I hope the best for them.

I agree with you.  I may be a little biased because I don't have any money stuck on there.   I know I would be worried/upset if I had a lot of coins stuck on there, but the fact that Karpeles has not run away is actually a decent sign that they are really trying to stick it out to make things right.   Their explanations for their problems were terrible, but typically owners of companies that are planning on just eating all of the customers money, are usually to a place with no US extradition by now...

People are quick to jump down Gox's throat, but they are also a big factor in bitcoin even reaching the triple digits.  Again, I don't have money stuck on there, and i feel really bad for those who do...
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:14:18 AM

Where can I haz bitcoinz fer $100 bucks?

Grin Grin Grin

Nowhere.

Here's your sign !
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:16:35 AM

Mark my words, we will see btc to under $100 by friday... MT GOX will announce they are halting trading indefinitely. Be prepared to buy low if you can!

Looks like he has been betting on MAX  and NXT coin, from his posting history.   Maybe he thinks NXT coin is the new bitcoin?
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:22:40 AM

Mark my words, we will see btc to under $100 by friday... MT GOX will announce they are halting trading indefinitely. Be prepared to buy low if you can!

Looks like he has been betting on MAX  and NXT coin, from his posting history.   Maybe he thinks NXT coin is the new bitcoin?

Max has potential but wallet sucks, NXT, Ripple and believe it or not Fedora are going to be the risers.. p.s.  its still friday here.

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
dyask

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:15:22 AM

Max has potential but wallet sucks, NXT, Ripple and believe it or not Fedora are going to be the risers.. p.s.  its still friday here.

Successfully outed!  So much for the name BitcoinSteve.  Friday is slipping away.   Guess it is time for you to use a new alias.   
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:16:43 AM

Successfully outed!  So much for the name BitcoinSteve.  Friday is slipping away.   Guess it is time for you to use a new alias.   

its still my name, I still have 2 hrs over here.. if it dont good I want btc to thrive I just still see 100$ prices soon, I was right about my other prediction.. things change I guess, no reason to burn me at the stake.. I am human too..

dyask

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:46:48 AM

Looks like he has been betting on MAX  and NXT coin, from his posting history.   Maybe he thinks NXT coin is the new bitcoin?

Max has potential but wallet sucks, NXT, Ripple and believe it or not Fedora are going to be the risers.. p.s.  its still friday here.

Successfully outed!  So much for the name BitcoinSteve.  Friday is slipping away.   Guess it is time for you to use a new alias.    

its still my name, I still have 2 hrs over here.. if it dont good I want btc to thrive I just still see 100$ prices soon, I was right about my other prediction.. things change I guess, no reason to burn me at the stake.. I am human too..

To be clear your other prediction failed.  You didn't predict an exchange would have a temporary fluke with their order book.   Then you tried to use that fluke to get people to send you BTC.   Most consider that type of thing a scam.    Now saying the BTC will trade below a $100 in the future isn't a prediction, any more than predicting that any given stock will go to zero.  Given enough time, it is sure to happen.  
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:47:40 AM

To be clear your other prediction failed.  You didn't predict an exchange would have a temporary fluke with their order book.   Then you tried to use that fluke to get people to send you BTC.   Most consider that type of thing a scam.    Now saying the BTC will trade below a $100 in the future isn't a prediction, any than predicting that any given stock will go to zero.  Given enough time, it is sure happen. 

I was right about the first plummet... and I do not want donations... I really am done with btc..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: