Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:36:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HUGE PLUMMET TOMORROW!  (Read 26184 times)
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:49:40 AM

I was right about the first plummet... and I do not want donations... I really am done with btc..

Yeah, you said that before. Except, upon further investigation, you did want donations.

In fact, were specifically asking for donations for more information.

So which is it? Are you a broke chancer trying to squeeze people for cash based on a lucky call?

Or a kind-hearted insider trying to make sure his fellow bitcoiners don't lose out?

BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:11:17 AM

I was right about the first plummet... and I do not want donations... I really am done with btc..

Yeah, you said that before. Except, upon further investigation, you did want donations.

So which is it? Are you a broke chancer trying to squeeze people for cash based on a lucky call?

Or a kind-hearted insider trying to make sure his fellow bitcoiners don't lose out?

I tried to help, I just want to help now, no donations needed. 

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:55:19 AM

It wasn't even a lucky call.  Pretty much everyone was expecting a update from MtGox and they have a history of causing huge movements in the price of bitcoin.   The only luck was a fluke at bit-e that cause a bogus price print.    BitcoinSteve was only trying to squeeze the weak minded, 100% scam.    At the time I posted he would try something else if the call worked, and this thread is proof of that.

BTW if he says it is still Friday that means he is living on one of a few islands in the Pacific.

I've seen this scan so many times ... For example with stocks a guy will send 20,000 emails predicting something .... 1/2 one way 1/2 the other.   Then he will send 10,000 emails to ones it got right, then 5000, then 2500 will get an email telling they have to pay to get his next prediction.   I can't believe people fall for this.

The other possibility is that BitcoinSteve is involved in the DDOS attack.   

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:18:59 AM

You're out of BTC and you don't want donations, why don't you help us all out by heading somewhere else.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:22:47 AM

You're out of BTC and you don't want donations, why don't you help us all out by heading somewhere else.

I am, FEDORA TIPS!

igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

We have general problem with bitcoin price,
Bitstamp is resolve problems with withdraw, but the price continues to fall !

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/

Why ?

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:38:05 AM

We have general problem with bitcoin price,
Bitstamp is resolve problems with withdraw, but the price continues to fall !

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/

BITCOIN WITHDRAWALS ARE ONCE AGAIN FULLY AUTOMATED
Dear Bitstamp clients,

After rigorous testing, we have restored fully automated processing for Bitcoin withdrawals.

Unforeseen incidents like this DoS attack against an edge case in the Bitcoin protocol are to be expected with such a young technology. The core protocol remains sound and the world has seen how these incidents are addressed by the Bitcoin community. Every challenge that is successfully overcome is a milestone that allows the world to grow their confidence in Bitcoin.

We recognize that for many of clients the inability to make withdrawals may have been stressful and we are thankful for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

The Bitstamp team

Why ?

because it was hardly known that Bitsamp had the problem too, what was widely known is that Mt Gox has the problem in a major way and that BTC also claims to have the problem.

Here's the thing, all during the time that Mt. Gox is suffereing with the problem if BTC doesn't go about $800  it will have major losses to make up from once the withdrawals are able to recommence.

Unlike others, I don't think MG simply let the funds stay in place but gambled them in other markets in an effort to earn some funds on the depressed market, but now that the market is stablied under $700 and often flirting with $500+ numbers, MtGox is in major trouble and will likely suffer a solvency issue.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:50:56 AM

so what crazy prediction is on deck for today/tomorrow? $1 LTC?
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:52:21 AM

.5 cents FEDORA by the end of the month!

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:37:45 AM

.5 cents FEDORA by the end of the month!

But, what about Ripple?
Solarstorm75

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:11:30 PM

for all we know... the OP made a small 102$ transaction

I cashed out and set a buy @ $101.50. Am I doing this right?

I'm expecting a huge wall at $102. So placing your order at $102,50 would serve you first.

dream on

Wait with this order. Let it plunge another 50%
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:58:49 PM

If only bitstamp had the same prices as Gox right now, I would buy like 50 more btc in a heartbeat...   I wonder if we are going to see prices around $500 today...any thoughts?   I want to add a couple more coins today, just unsure on the price I want to settle at...
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:00:26 PM

MtGox 111 usd, and what will happen when of these 500 000 Bitcoin comes to Bitstamp I can only imagine.   Shocked

View Screen Capture

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:01:38 PM

Still Bitcoin believers here? I cant really believe what is happening for 2 weeks now  Cry Maybe it really is the end... #or at least the end of three digits (I mean not Gox).
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:05:26 PM

Mark my words, we will see btc to under $100 by friday... MT GOX will announce they are halting trading indefinitely. Be prepared to buy low if you can!
And it looks like you were correct. Genius.  Huh
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:07:30 PM

Mark my words, we will see btc to under $100 by friday... MT GOX will announce they are halting trading indefinitely. Be prepared to buy low if you can!

I think he meant last Friday...although he looks to be correct on the Gox value at least.   Bitcoinsteve was implying $100 btc straight across the board though, not just on one exchange...
InsanityDev

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:08:32 PM

MtGox 111 usd, and what will happen when of these 500 000 Bitcoin comes to Bitstamp I can only imagine.   Shocked

Why do you imagine there are actually 500,000 bitcoins?
1) Many of the "coin" (gox balances apparently backed by bitcoins) will be being traded backwards and forwards to increase overall balance of gox-USD or gox-BTC)
2) Many of the coins may not have any real bitcoin behind them.

For months gox could have been creating fake balances on accounts, trading, taking out BTC, and leaving people with fake BTC or USD balances backed by nothing.

People are gambling with balances which may or may not symbolize real currency. They either accept they have nothing, or try and increase one of their balances in the hope they do correspond to real currency.
They are essentially gambling on whether GOX will live or die.

surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:08:39 PM

I think he meant last Friday...although he looks to be correct on the Gox value at least.   Bitcoinsteve was implying $100 btc straight across the board though, not just on one exchange...
I figured that... but closer than most expected  Cool
Most likely it will be across the board soon
FierceRadish

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:13:57 PM

I think we can safely say that Bitcoinsteve knew something about what was going on with Gox.

Whether he was privy to meetings from inside Mtgox (he alluded to "the meeting I just had" in another post) or got wind of the double spend attack from the arse end of the Internet, he knew Gox was in deep shit.

Yet, he tried to milk this knowledge, and bitcoiners, fall all it was worth. And he definitely implied that ALL exchanges would hit $100, and not just for three brief minutes.

I think he's a small time dude who got lucky with info, but may yet be proved right nonetheless.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:09:18 PM

I think we can safely say that Bitcoinsteve knew something about what was going on with Gox.

Whether he was privy to meetings from inside Mtgox (he alluded to "the meeting I just had" in another post) or got wind of the double spend attack from the arse end of the Internet, he knew Gox was in deep shit.

Yet, he tried to milk this knowledge, and bitcoiners, fall all it was worth. And he definitely implied that ALL exchanges would hit $100, and not just for three brief minutes.

I think he's a small time dude who got lucky with info, but may yet be proved right nonetheless.

I will try to help from now on without asking for donations etc.. I really do not want them as btc will be virtually worthless within the next year. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: