Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CwC] Corewar Coin (Cancelled ! =D)  (Read 773 times)
Skybuck (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:16:14 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2023, 10:56:08 PM by Skybuck

Cancelled, domain names will be gone at the end of 2023, maybe in the future this idea will return... =D

Corewar Coin

Prepare for my Arrival !

Hello and Welcome to my Announcement for Corewar Coin !

A soon to be new coin system which will work by fighting warriors among each other. These warriors are small little computer programs. They use the virtual instruction set called "RedCode". These warriors run in a virtual machine so it's safe to run on your computer (unless they get real smart ! LOL).

The idea is to reward "corewar coins" to the best/winning warrior.

The coin system works like a bank. Bank accounts are also given out when a fight is won. The warrior will have to defeat a certain ammount of warriors during a certain ammount of rounds. Each won round gives 3 points to the warrior, a tie 1 point a loss 0 points. The warriors fight 1 v 1. However there will be for example 100 warriors to fight against. These warriors will live on the "block chain".

This coin system consists out of a banking system, where all bank accounts are stored in blocks and these blocks have a hash and all hashes are concatenated and a final hash is performed to "sign" the bank.

The bank grows as new "transaction blocks" are added. These transaction blocks will (probably) contain the warriors. These transaction blocks life on what one can consider a block chain. These blocks "tie" into the bank by recording the bank hash before it was mutated and such. Exact technical details are not important for now, more will be revealed in the near future.

Corewar Coin is coming and it will come soon, how soon you ask ? Uncertain, development has started (can't say too much about that yet) estimated deliver is probably a few days/max a few weeks until it's ready.
For now a safe bet is max end of month. I would be surprised if it takes longer. I know it's vague but this will have to do for now.

The motivation for this coin is to try and spread/distribute coins better/more fairly, the hope is that computing these fights is "asic" resistant or difficult to pull off. Ofcourse cpu pool mining might be done.

For now I plan on releasing it as closed-source coin software only. This is probably something you are not used to but will have to get used to if you want these coins ! Wink

I may at a later date still open source parts of it, perhaps an evolver part or plugin system to allow others to develop "evolvers" to generate warriors. Also perhaps a gui option will be added so you can write your own warriors and try your luck with that ! Wink

Ofcourse the bank and block chain is also protected with sha256 as usual.

The software will be made available at this web address: www.corewarcoin.com     also reachable by www.corewarscoin.com  also with http://www.skybuck.org/CoreWarCoin/ (though I plan on removing the capital letter W in future) the first two are re-directs to this site. Currently only "Hello World" is displayed ! LOL. This will be removed/replaced in time !

Now you may be wondering, what the hell ?! No software ? No website ? What the fuck ?! Why you write this ?!

The reason is this:

You can help to make the coin a flying start ! For me, for you, for the world ! What I need you for is this:

DNS pointing to your IP/computer/machine where you will run the software on when it is released. Or a static IP that never changes might work too, not yet sure about this, but could be tried as well.

So for example you could register your static ip with a dynamic dns provider. FreeDNS.afraid.org has some nice options and a very nice gui client for windows to make this work.

If you have a "real dns" or something that would be great too.

So what I would need you to do is have this setup:

DNS -> IP

Where:

DNS is your domain name for your computer for example: John.MyComputer.com
IP is your computer IP address: x.x.x.x
-> points

Now what I need you to do is tell me your DNS name so that I can add it to the software. The software will then use multiple DNS names to find "peers". The system will be p2p via dns for now. Perhaps in the future a "internet-wide peer search" protocol will be added but for now DNS will have to do and perhaps static ips, these will probably be cached in a peer cache anyway.

And ofcourse prepare your machine for the COMING of COREWAR COINS !!! =D

To prepare for it's arrival you will need:

1. A Microsoft Windows computer. Preferably Windows 7, but any windows version will probably do from windows 95 and onwards. Pls report back in future if a certain windows version does not work.

2. In future a linux version may arrive as well, but let's start with a windows version first ! =D

3. Any very maybe mobile apps too, will need a new computer for that first, or let somebody else create it, but for now, this is in the further future, perhaps amd threadripper 2 with an amdflaws.com-proof chipset, otherwise will have to way for a better chipset. (To develop mobile app in a powerfull virtual machine/development/simulation environment)

You may also want to learn a little bit about "corewar" and "redcode" though this will not be required.

The second thing you could help out with is design a very cool logo for Corewar Coin. I would like it if it has some "blocks" in it like in the way existing corewar software visualizes the fights. Perhaps the letter C or CW or CWC and perhaps some nice gold or digital/sparky/electricity/green and/or blue like effects or matrix like effect on background. Other designs welcome too.

I may try and create a logo myself for now, but if somebody else creates something much better than this can immediately be integrated into the software and eventual website and perhaps pdf.

JSON interface may be available for exchanges and such and other documentation for that will be available as well.

I have gimp 2.0 available to process any logo and scale it down to smaller resolutions and store in pngs and such. A alpha transparent background would be appreciated. As long as gimp 2.0 can open the file format it will be ok, png will do but others possible too.

I probably don't have time to answer any technical questions but if you want you can ask, if I see something interesting I may answer it.

If you have questions about the DNS and such then pls do ask if that part was not clear to you.

So if you want to get involved and be part of a new coin system add a message to this thread and announce your dns there, or if privacy is wanted/desired/required, send me a PM with your dns that will be sufficient too.

Ofcourse before the software goes online, I will update this posting to announce it. You may also include your e-mail address or send me your e-mail address via PM if you want to be informed when it goes online so you can immediately participate. I would prefer if only DNS providers provide me with their e-mail address, other users will have to keep checking back for the "launch" announcement ! Wink =D

Bye for now,
  God spee ! or something and before I leave you I want you to know and get inspired by my favorite crypto coin music, this music is a bit weird maybe, but it reminds me of the coming COREWAR COIN and therefore I find it suited for this first posting so you have at least something to enjoy ! While you wait for the ineviteable: The launch of corewar coin ! Wink =D

Oh one last thing for people familiar with corewar coin, this project will use spec94 but with an extension designed in 2009 by me which can be read here:

http://www.skybuck.org/Corewars/SkybucksCorewarsSimulator/version%200.37/Unpacked/SkybucksCorewarsSimulator/version%200.37/RedcodeExt2009Spec100.htm

(Not really relevant for end-users for now, but in case your curious ! Wink)

(Also in case your curious about what warrior can do or what they look like there is a very crude simulator available here as well):

http://www.skybuck.org/Corewars/SkybucksCorewarsSimulator/version%200.37/Unpacked/SkybucksCorewarsSimulator/version%200.37/

And now as promised the much entertaining accompanying music (actually the corewar simulator can produce audio as well but that is a different story Wink)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuH4qSwWMk

Every time this guy is singing "wall street is coming" just imagine he's saying: "corewar coin is coming !" =D

Oh one more thing, this software will use tcp port 22892 and perhaps some others as well, so this may give you some chance to setup any firewall rules in advance.

And finally seems like a terrific dynamic dns client:

http://www.techknowpro.com/freedns/

If interested in dns-ing your computer go there, follow link at the top, read about freedns.afraid.org (register, add a domain, direct thingy, url, activate, and so forth/etc, maybe explain this in more detail later on if anybody needs help with it, I tried inadyn first but it's too complex for me to setup or it's not working with www.DNSDynamic.org could use some help with that, so if you can provide a nice conf/setup for it that be cool.)

(Also some help with a third one www.changeip.com would be appreciated, freedns client will probably not work with others, may have to find other tool for it, for now one dynamic dns is working, so that should be good for now, but the more the better for redundancy sake Smiley)

Once more,
  Bye for now,
     Skybuck ! Wink =D
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabbage55

Activity: 177
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

Seems like interesting idea. I am sure that a big amount of gamers will participate. I will keep my attention on it.
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:55:17 AM

yes, a new and interesting product .. and a big plus that you do not ask for money, but require technical assistance, I will look with great interest for the development of the project ...

and minus, there are no technical details except the algorithm
icobuffer

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 12:55:58 PM

We have added your project to a fast growing platform for ICO investors https://icobuffer.com/projects/corewar-coin. We recommend you to add more information about your project, it will affect the rating positively. Please write me if you have any questions.
jimhsu

Activity: 364
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 08:13:38 PM

Hey there,

Cool project. Left a PM.

Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparé
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:06:48 PM

Hi fans of the project ! I think it could be a fun idea of keeping you informed of my progress on this project.

3 july 2018 had a good sleep after much work done Smiley
4 july 2018 HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY USA ! Today I tried to figure out GIT and splitting a big file into multiple and keeping the multiple updated from the big file. No luck with that yet, may be wasted time, maybe not, did learn a bit about GIT... Also wrote a message to an author of a split-script file which is not working yet because of a bug. I have this great desire to get this functionality working it would come in handy. For now I may have to assume failure on this "development functionality" for me. I may try some more tomorrow, and maybe again the next day if he fixes the script or can produce a new script to do what I want that would be gret. So maybe the next few days no work will be done on the coin system, this kinda sucks, but so be it, I may yet change my mind. Estimation is friday/weekend more work will be done on the coin system and that would make me really happy if it advances in the direction I want it to go, it will happen eventually ! Wink =D

So far 1 person has commited to contributing a nice DNS name, I will definetly incoorporate it into the client once it's launched and even before it. There will be a public beta test phase I think where there will be a "beta bank/blockchain" just to test the system. This beta test will last for about 5 days or so, so everybody can participate see how it works, get a grip on it a little bit, ask questions, configure their firewalls, though they may have to be reconfigured later cause beta test will use different ports but at least the process should be the same. And ofcourse test the coin system to see if it actually works and all is well.

If other works as intended then after 5 days this beta test will be over. I will then try and incorporate a nice count down script for the website ! =D If anybody wants to help with that that be great too, a script in php should be just fine. There will then be a 24 hour countdown. During this phase the beta test is over and everybody will be anticipating the launch of the final product and bank/blockchain. This is to give everybody a fair chance of getting in as early as possible ! =D There will be no pre-mine or anything like that. Just You vs You vs You vs You vs Me vs You vs Everybody =!

Use of multiple computers to mine for blocks is ofcourse allowed, I would kinda appreciate if it were just one computer per person, just to give all the fans their hopefully fair share... this may depend on luck a bit though. Also it would be smart to mine with one computer first, to not raise the difficulty too fast... otherwise you may make life difficult for yourself too. I would recommend watching the difficulty... see how it rises, if you didnt get any coins during the first two days, maybe add some computers for more umhp "horse power'. But this tactic/strategy is ultimately up to you ! If you wanna go all in with many PCs that s up to you.

But please take into consideration that any coin system will be much more successfull if the coins are distributed as much as possible to as many people as possible. For this purpose once you get some nice accounts, let's say you get the first 4 accounts in the first block you mined. Would be smart to keep them to yourselfes just in case you need some additional accounts. Then the next accounts I would highly recommend you to at least tell everybody you know if they want a free account for this new coin system, and then teach them how they can acquire it.... at least they then have an account... and could receive coins into it later.

The addresses will probably not be worth that much for some time to come, I may be wrong about that though, yet addresses could be increased even in the future. Anyway I will check if it's possible to set the software in such a state that it's possible to sell accounts for free to others within the coin system itself. If this is not possible then there may be a way to make it possible. So stay tuned. Anyway I would then advise you to try and give away some addresses for free. I will also try and do this myself. If it's abuse by somebody then maybe stop it for a while.

Thx for reading, and have a nice summer (?) day ! =D
Waves Plus

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:10:01 PM

Cool idea! I will keep my attention on it. Good luck! Grin
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:11:40 PM

5 july 2018 some good progress has been made adjusting the project from "proof of work"/"hashing" to "warrior scoring". Much more work needs to be done there... but it's starting to look pretty good and doable... so I am starting to get real happy about that ! =D Probably happy days AHEAD ! =D LOLOLOL.

I hope you USA people had a nice 4th of july... It's very warm where I am living... I am afraid it could be because of crypto mining... and more warm weeks ahead... did not get a lot of sleep... did rest a lot... so for now I am holding/hodling out =D

dzkrb

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:30:37 PM

Colleagues. Honestly, it looks like nonsense. Some warriors who fight each other. It is necessary to describe somehow more clearly. I would like a more serious presentation of the project. This is read by potential investors.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

(Google corewar and redcode and mars and pmars to learn more about warriors)

6 july 2018:

Good news fans of the project ! =D

Today I spent all day on (rational/amenability/accountability) thinking about how to make this vague idea actually work in practice and to make sure it's safe, secure, and can work at all times and does what I want it to do.

It's starting to look pretty cool, many different takes/possiblities/options for implementating it have been examined and it's starting to come together/look good/taking on form.

I think I have decided on a certain implementation that will be worked out into the final product, for now I shall keep it secret ! Wink =D but all will be revealed in the final product ! Wink Smiley

More thinking may have to be done to make the system even more ultra good but perhaps the current ideas/details are already sufficient to start working on an implementation and thus I will do so the coming days to see how it will/can work out... most of it will probably be with experimenting with difficulty setting and how fast to adjust it, this may require some experimentation to decide on a final "difficulty adjustment period/block range"

Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:38:02 PM

Saturday 7 july 2018, Internet Service Provider was performing maintenance so I decided to play some Battlefield 3.
Sunday 9 july 2018, Impressed with the idea of playing Battlefield when ISP is down I downloaded Battlefield 4 and had a blast even on a GT 520 with AMD X2 3800+ 2x2.0 GHz ! Wink =D Played on lowest settings still cool ! =D Was too hot to dev anyway LOL and some cool World of Warships in after work hours as usual lol.

Monday 10 july 2018 Thought some more about how to proceed with "scoring difficulty and such" and how to make the necessary modifications and further blockchain branching concerns, seems ok/doable and now figuring out how to perform local network tests and mining tests on my system with multiple copies/multiple peers, simulating a "real life" network situations. This will come in handy in the near future for testing the product locally without the need for other systems. Very valuable.

Later ! =D
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 02:48:27 PM

Impressive. Seems you have a lot of idea to build this coin. I hope you could find talented person to resolve the problem and suitable to work with you. I thought this will gonna be amazing.
Xalia

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:54:16 PM

Super project, I will monitor it closely! Good luck to the team
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:22:48 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 06:21:34 PM by Skybuck

Tuesday 10 july 2018 had to take care of some social stuff =D

Wednesday 11 july 2018 I have some security/attack/hack concerns with underlying blockchain/protocol technology. I may investigate this first to see how secure it truely is and if it can be manipulated. This may delay this project somewhat. I may also decide to ignore the security concerns and to proceed forward without investigating these concerns. For now it seems reasonable to spent some time on investigating these concerns getting to known the protocol better and seeing if some easy attacks/hacks are possible against it. This "research" will ease my mind a bit. I do not want to create a coin that would later appear to be hackeable.

However the underlying technology is influx/constantly changing/improving, by the time my research is done it may have already changed and then my research may have been for nothing, however I do not expect the changes to be that severe, most of it will remain roughly the same, thus does seem warranted to spent some time on this. I may also continue to develop this project further in dual/parallel form. However my expectation is that currently this research will dominate my time, thus for now this corewarcoin can be considered "ON HOLD" until further notice ! Wink =D
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:26:45 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2018, 08:22:16 PM by Skybuck

Thursday 12 july 2018 Spent all day investigating a new type of bug which I call a "phantom". This is a bug which occurs inside a in-memory-compiler. At some point the in-memory-compiler gets corrupted and starts producing faulty instructions. After the IDE/in-memory-compiler is restarted/reloaded the faulty instructions may seem to disappear after a new compile/build only to later return again as the in-memory-compiler becomes corrupted again. Hence the name "phantom" for these kinds of bugs... popping in and out of existance.

I am still somewhat unsure if this is the exact behaviour of these phantoms, but most likely yes. Still investigating further how to catch them in the act ! Welcome to "The Phantom of the Compiler !" =D

Some entertaining music for this new type of bbbbbuuuuggggg:

"Pinball Music: The Phantom of the Opera - Main Play Music":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cZBFFQbgD0
FedoraTheExplora

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:35:31 PM

Looks like a gambling project. What are the estimate dates of economy information releases?
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:42:16 PM

Looks like a gambling project. What are the estimate dates of economy information releases?

You mean like number of coins to be produced ? Probably something like 21 million or 40 million have not decided on that yet could also be much more lol Smiley or much less, to avoid to many coins from existing across all coins Wink
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:27:53 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 06:22:25 PM by Skybuck

Friday 13 july 2018 had a walk with some people, fortunately survived friday the 13th ! Wink =D
Saturday 14 july 2018 investigated underlying blockchain technology, a bit messy, first impression was it might be insecure.
Sunday 15 july 2018 thought about how underlying blockchain technology might be improved or made more secure, was afraid it might be insecure.
Monday 16 july 2018 decided to re-investigate underlying blockchain technology more closely, more precisely, no working hack or security vunerability found. (Also refined/improved multi-peer testing).

(Found another bug in Delphi, this time in the IDE, when switching "build configurations" in project manager it does not seem to pick up compiler conditionals/output configurations (?) well and ends up running the wrong executable (different output folder), a re-build must first be done when switching build configurations to run the correct folder/build/executable.

So far it's looking pretty good and perhaps the project can continue, will probably do some more hacking/penetration testing tomorrow, after which (if all goes well) I will feel a bit safer continueing the project.
Skybuck (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:04:14 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 06:22:34 PM by Skybuck

Tuesday 17 july 2018 had to buy some stuff (pj's).
Wednesday 18 july 2018 tested some more possible hacks, so far underlying blockchain tech is resistent towards it, the project can now continue.
I don't feel completely comfortable yet making the necessary changes, therefore more research may be required into the existing technology, this may take quite some time, multiple days at least.
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:32:52 PM

Colleague. I think that your presentation of the material is rather unusual, but has the right to exist. Make people involved in their development. But, it reminds me of the success of a beginner programmer who decided to surprise everyone around him with his steepness. Not enough steep presentation. But, the developer Doge did his coin as a joke and what a success.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: