Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ✳️CoinLenders/Inputs.io depositors: Reimbursements CLOSED  (Read 4532 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 07:18:09 AM

I've also just received a reimbursement from TF. Thank you so much. This will pay for food on the table.

But not the 75BTC he owed you, right?  Just enough to make you happy so he can scam you again?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:41:23 AM

Important warning

It has just come to my attention that scammer has impersonated me and communicated to a user as the 'man in the middle'. The scammer was using TradeFortress@protonmail.com, and passed along proof (such as signed messages, etc) from the actual user to me.

They were able to convince the actual user to email me at my admin @ glados.cc email, to establish verification. A reimbursement was unfortunately paid to this scammer.

Due to this, please be aware that:

- You must always email me from the address associated with your account. No exceptions
- All my bitcointalk PMs will come from this account, TradeFortress. No other users are legitimate.
- All my emails will come from admin+g [at] glados.cc; and will be DKIM signed by Google/Gmail (who hosts my email)
- Any email that is not from glados.cc is illegitimate and not from me
- You may still reach me using cl [at] tfbtct.e4ward.com or admin+g [at] glados.cc
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:55:48 AM

Are you willing to accept a signed message that says “this is [user name] from CL and I would like the proceeds from my settlement sent to [address]” (or something similar but still specific)

The above is specific enough to not be vulnerable to a MITM and should allow for situations in which users no longer have access to old email addresses.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 08:00:34 AM

Are you willing to accept a signed message that says “this is [user name] from CL and I would like the proceeds from my settlement sent to [address]” (or something similar but still specific)

The above is specific enough to not be vulnerable to a MITM and should allow for situations in which users no longer have access to old email addresses.

LOL.   Are you talking to yourself, or is TF a separate person that you scammed 20btc from?

TF doesn't seem too concerned about returning that 20btc to his investors....

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:11:25 AM
Merited by Quickseller (1)

That will only help with a situation where someone does not have access to the old email. In this case, they did, the scammer just pretended to be me and got the actual accountholder to email me using their email.

(In this case, I spoke to the accountholder on the phone and was able to get their correct bitcoin address; and they will still be receiving their reimbursement).

A signed message from most addresses proves nothing; it'll have to be an address that you used to deposit to CL/Inputs; but even if so I'm not able to match it with the actual user.

If someone no longer has access to their old email addresses; a very stringent verification process can be used. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:12:37 AM

LOL.   Are you talking to yourself, or is TF a separate person that you scammed 20btc from?

TF doesn't seem too concerned about returning that 20btc to his investors....

1. Vod is now on my ignore list. Go distract people somewhere else.

2. I am not Quickseller.

3. Quickseller has returned to me the 20 BTC years ago.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 06:45:03 PM

2. I am not Quickseller.

3. Quickseller has returned to me the 20 BTC years ago.

See?  Without the transaction trail (which you and QS always post), you are nothing but a liar.   Wink

hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 05:56:59 AM

i have contacted TF for coinlenders/inputs refund today.  TF replied funds will be transferred to me within 7 days.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16633

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 05:41:32 PM

That will only help with a situation where someone does not have access to the old email. In this case, they did, the scammer just pretended to be me and got the actual accountholder to email me using their email.

(In this case, I spoke to the accountholder on the phone and was able to get their correct bitcoin address; and they will still be receiving their reimbursement).
Is it possible the accountholder played you to receive double the funds?

I wasn't around in 2013, but I'm curious enough to follow this case now.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:48:15 AM

Is it possible the accountholder played you to receive double the funds?

I wasn't around in 2013, but I'm curious enough to follow this case now.

I'm very confident that the accountholder is not the same person as the scammer.

Was able to send another round of reimbursements just then.
airgonomike

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:54:46 AM

Wow... that's admirable.
Thanks!
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:18:16 AM

I also received a large refund.
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 05:59:29 AM

wow! i thought i already lost my coinlender/inputs investments years ago.  i was keeping silent during the last few days after TF promised to send back my funds.  i wasn't sure if TF was just trolling around or not.  upon checking my balance just now, wow!!! it's true.  my funds are sent back to me in full.  kudos to TF's courage to come out and settle old loans.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:27:45 AM

wow! i thought i already lost my coinlender/inputs investments years ago.  i was keeping silent during the last few days after TF promised to send back my funds.  i wasn't sure if TF was just trolling around or not.  upon checking my balance just now, wow!!! it's true.  my funds are sent back to me in full.  kudos to TF's courage to come out and settle old loans.

To clarify, the balance was reimbursed in full as it was a small balance Smiley Enjoy your BTC!

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:34:36 AM
Merited by suchmoon (5), condoras (5), ibminer (5), malevolent (1)

and believe TradeFortress should be regarded as a bit of a hero as he really didn't need to do this and could just quietly have kept everyone's coins.

That is absolutely absurd. He ran away with the coins in the first place.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:42:54 AM

and believe TradeFortress should be regarded as a bit of a hero as he really didn't need to do this and could just quietly have kept everyone's coins.

That is absolutely absurd. He ran away with the coins in the first place.

Many people cannot see past their own selfish interests.  :/

InvalidSnack

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:09:15 AM

TF contacted me via email and refunded me the remaining 70% of my CL balance a couple of days ago.  I have removed the negative trust rating I placed with his account years ago.   

I didn't see this thread until just now.   So he wasn't refunding me in response to a request from my end.  The CL debacle (and TF's "disappearance" shortly thereafter) was far from what anyone would consider "handled in an ideal way," but the fact that he's trying to make good on the mistakes of the past is really encouraging.  There have been so many scams and so much greed in the cryptocurrency community over the years...this result is practically the very last thing I would have expected to happen, today or any other day.

I had long written off the BTC I lost at CL as a "hard lesson learned," and nothing much more to say/think/hope for.  To say the least, this was a happy surprise indeed.

For reference purposes:

Back in 2013, TF offered a refund of approximately 30% of my CL balance...and I begrudgingly accepted.   (I had placed far too much of my BTC balance into Coinlenders, so after it was clear that we weren't going to have our balances refunded -- "cutting bait" and getting something rather than nothing seemed like the only viable option.)   

My balance was less than 10 BTC -- not much by some standards, but it was almost all of the BTC I had back then.   (Ah, the follies of youth.)  I can confirm that the amount TF refunded to me was (AFAICT) the correct amount to "make me whole" for the BTC that was lost on his service.   

ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1821
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 03:51:35 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5), Avirunes (5)

Words of advice: During this time where TradeFortress will be trying to re-establish credibility for an upcoming scam, play nice, get as many of your scammed coins back as you can, and then never communicate with this account again. If he truly wants credibility re-established, he can wait 5 years after returning your coins just like you did.

Also, for the record, anyone who claims they are receiving anything should be posting transaction links.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:43:29 PM

Relax, I’m I will not be asking anyone for bitcoins in the future.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:00:54 AM

Relax, I’m I will not be asking anyone for bitcoins in the future.

Until he asks people for bitcoins in the future.  :/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: