Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:27:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7265 times)
kalymist

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:07:43 PM

Just mine project you like, don't look at real time mining value.

You will sell when you see value going up with project releasing fact of production or developement.

Never blind bet, always check as much as possible, all details about projects.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:18:32 PM

If electricity is a problem you can build a mining computer with 12 Gtx 1050 ti cards or 8 Gtx 1060 cards. The 1060 can be under volt in power up to consume only 60-70 watt of power while the 1050 ti consumes 65 watt in 100% of the power consumption.

They are still profitable to mine even if electricity is 10 cents/kilowatt.
I can attest to this because i do have even just have 6 gtx 10160 cards with having a 20 cents/kilowatt charge up on electricity on my place. Still on profits, might be less but still a considerable thing to do which i do still continue to mine up with these cards and might to add it up another 6 more.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:47:38 AM

Even if you are mining and selling immediately each week / month you will make profit. Enough to make it worth it? Probably not. The added electric is $50-$60 a month. And immediately selling coins would be like $300 for the month. So $240 profit a month.

But you can do better things such as mining the most profitable coin and selling then trading right away. Make more gains.

Or mining a coin you are going to hold for a bit. BCI right now the coin. Been mining and holding.

Based on what?  Nvidia cards?  Amd?  7 of them?  20 of them? 50 of them?  Electric $50-$60 a month?  How do you know what the cost of power is in any given city?  Again, how many cards and what type determines power usage.  What if coin prices go up...then so does profit. Same with down.   So your answer(s) is so arbritary it isnt even funny.

I was saying in my case you idiot.

Obviously its different all over, and completely depends on cards.

Since it is difficult to grasp items at scale, we will take it down -

1 * 1070ti.
550 sols
160w

You will make a profit here. Not much, but a profit.

Also depends on how you mine. If you mine a coin at $2 and wait until its $20 to sell, you made 10x more than the guy that sold that same coin for $2.

There are many people that don't have any mining gear so just talk nonsense. People that have gear are still running them and making profit. How much depends on many things.
Sound like you are the idiot, the idiot thats running a 1070ti at 160w instead of reducing the TDP.  Kid you arent smart enough to back up your trash talk, so just give it up.
2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:07:41 AM

We know you run windows since you say TDP Smiley

1070ti is 180w by default. It is still lowered a bit. It needs at least 160w to stay over 550 sol's.

No clue why you are even here.
uabuner

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:41:43 AM

I'm newbie but here is my opinion

worth it..(meaning profit)..some
If you start now, you mean ROI timeframe (right?)
Cant really say for sure...depend on many thing.
1. how much you willing to invest ..time and money
2. withdraw timeframe.. you want to hodl or sell it regularly
3. The electricity price on your miner and other expense
4. Coin price

There are many profitability calculator available that you can check as refference
It always go with saying high risk high return ...if you willing keep yourself uptodate with crypto news
remauto1187ma

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:20:33 AM

1070ti is 180w by default. It is still lowered a bit. It needs at least 160w to stay over 550 sol's.

To put moronic kids like yourself in their place.  Now run along snowflake and go play with your linux or ethos.  You are correct. You have "no clue" so stop hiding behind your keyboard running your mouth.

Which part of....You dont lose ANY money until you sell for less than you have in something (AKA Mining coins, stock market, car, truck, your doll collection and even your purses. Wink

FYI...They arent laughing with you...they are laughing at you.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

Which part of....You dont lose ANY money until you sell for less than you have in something (AKA Mining coins, stock market, car, truck, your doll collection and even your purses. Wink

Some people only see what they can get out of it daily, which is the wrong way to look at it.  If you want to look at daily profits, go flip burgers for six dollars an hour.  You'll always know how much money is coming in.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:55:38 PM

To put moronic kids like yourself in their place.  Now run along snowflake and go play with your linux or ethos.  You are correct. You have "no clue" so stop hiding behind your keyboard running your mouth.

You are definitely on something. How did losing money come into this quote?

1) I am older than you, you put your birthday in your user name. Who does that? Oh yeah, you do Smiley
2) We can swap linkedin profiles to prove I have a career (and career history) that will your whole life to shame.
3) You are not that funny.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

1) I am older than you, you put your birthday in your user name. Who does that? Oh yeah, you do Smiley
2) We can swap linkedin profiles to prove I have a career (and career history) that will your whole life to shame.

Don't mind him. Seems like he's got a lot of issues, some of which probably are masculine insecurities and man-purse fetishes.

Mining is definitely profitable, even today, if you know what you are doing. But also there is nothing wrong about using Windows, even for crypto mining. It's not the world's most used operating system for no reason.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:41:48 PM

when you want to you want to be must be a large large amount and which will be difficult to one of a people

Whatever that means ...

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:48:39 PM

when you want to you want to be must be a large large amount and which will be difficult to one of a people

Whatever that means ...

It's almost poetic. But not quite.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
remauto1187ma

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:31:37 PM

LMAO I said give it up kid AND I really meant it!  Birthday?  That is hilarious kid.  "1187" is the model number of Remington 1187 Shotgun I use for hunting.  I was born in 1971 kid.  Career you say?  Im over half way to my retirement working for the .gov as an electronic technician.  12 years as an electronic tech in automation and instrumentation before that and in the middle of all that an Aviation Electrician in VFA-37 (F/A18C Hornet) squadron United States Navy.   Now how far did you say you could pee again?

Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:06:52 PM

For my personal, i think it still worth. Because i can use from mining to trading it. But if we talk about income from mining and the cost, i think that's not worth again. So the conclusion that's depend what can we do about mining's result to next the next step.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:16:03 AM

Hello! It's algorithms! Depend on them. And the cost of electricity in Your country. There are many different factors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
  Print  

Jump to: