Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:24:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: lolMiner-144 0.38 Preview, Equihash 144.5 for AMD & Nvidia, Linux & Windows  (Read 9473 times)
Lolliedieb (OP)

Activity: 433
Merit: 48

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 01:38:55 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 08:45:38 AM by Lolliedieb
Merited by CjMapope (3)

lolMiner-144.5 public preview

-- Announcement Thread --

Hi folks,
this is the announcement thread for lolMiner-144.5 v0.38 public preview.

So what is this miner good for: at the moment it mines Equihash 144.5 (BTG, BTCZ, LitecoinZ, Safecoin, Snowgem) OpenCL based, so for Nvidia and AMD.

Why it is a preview? Well the miner is kind of a successor to my Minexcoin (MNX) miner you can find here. The final version is supposed to be wider configureable as it is now, bring an API and add the Minexcoin miner (and others) as well.

If you do not want to read much more long descriptions, here are the download links:
[Lin 64] Klick me (0.38 Preview for Linux)
[Win 64]   Klick me (0.38 Preview for Windows)

-----
Edit: For those with problems, here additional / extra compiled kernels:

Vega (gfx901):  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nYLvfEZYQvhgCE-PHe_pZtnW34WHU6Zy
RX 550 (gfx 804):   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N1sBrA26Cq7zHUhbuRDpzidSOkoigyn1
Tahiti (for completeness): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pN-zUv3pvJvrsETFbQ-8j_3gxercIObV

The two kernels gfx901 and gfx804 were compiled on Windows with Blockchain drivers 17.40. Unfortunately the driver did not allow to build a kernel for gfx900, but in theory the one for gfx901 could work. Can one of the 900 users try to load the 901 and rename it?

-----

Compatibility:

Nvidia:

For Nvidia the miner runs on any Maxwell and newer generation GPU with at least 3G of RAM and CUDA 8 or newer installed. That said there is a restriction: due to some driver specific hard codings it does not work in Windows with 3/4G Nvidia cards while on Linux that is no problem when the cards are in compute mode. I will work on resolving the Windows issue soon.

AMD:

For AMD we require any 4G / 8G GCN2 and newer GPU, so Hawaii (R9 290 / 390), Tonga (R9 285 / 380), Fiji (R9 Fury series), Baffin (RX 460 / 560), Ellesmere (470, 480, 570 and 580) and Vega series GPU. Most kernels (exceptions below) are build with the 17.40 blockchain driver.

For Vega: The Windows kernel for Vega is build with a very new AMD driver version (Adrenalin version 18.5.1). It is unknown if older drivers then this are supported. For Linux the AMD Vega kernel is only available for the AMD ROCM-CL driver! I have to admit that we did not test Vega GPUs yet, so crossing fingers it will work. Else I will try get it working asap.

Setup:

There is a quickstart guide shipped with the miner. Read that carefully and it should work. Else feel free to ask here Wink

Estimated speed:
The miner just got finished, so we have no broad basis yet.
But approximately:

GTX 1080:   ~36 sol/s
RX 560:   ~7 sol/s   
RX 580:  ~13 sol/s
R9 290:  ~12 sol/s

All depend on OC settings of cause Smiley

F.A.Q. and known Issues:

The AMD miner is slow…
Well, I know that. I was struggling get this working, so tuning is now next, see schedule below.

Miner hangs on 0 sol/s (AMD)…
When the GPU does not complete its work and hangs a GPU the miner will try to close itself as soon as possible for restart. On Nvidia this works very well, but on AMD the driver timeout is 1 hour, so this takes a pretty long time. Lowering OC settings usually makes this evens much more rare.

The Windows miner crashes…
… from time to time. This is because the Windows version is a cross build with pretty old runtimes. This will be resolved soon (hopefully). In the meantime head out for a Windows watchdog I will provide next days that mitigates the problem.

My coin with Equihash 144.5 is missing...
Oh, sry, maybe I just was not aware of this. Drop me a note here with the required details and I will add is very quickly. This is a rather quick action Smiley

How much is the fee?
I used to start with an 2% fee like for my MNX miner. That said I lower the fee once payed of my expenses and time to develop stuff. For example for Minexcoin I lowered the fee to 1.5% after a month and next release will be even lowered to 1%. Expect similar here.

Does the miner disconnect for fee?
No, I has two connections open all of the time and does every x iterations one iteration for me. That way the mining income remains smooth. Also the displayed sol/s are net with fee already calculated out, so what you see is what you get.

What comes next?
I will try to build a bit more efficient AMD kernels within the next week. Then from the things recently learned I will do a mayor code change for AMD to improve performance further. Furthermore I think in about 2 weeks I will add Zero (Equihash 192.7) to the miner.
Finally in about a month there should be 0.4 with the promised MNX integration and a simple API *crossing fingers*.

Why JSON for configuration? Why? Whyyyyy?
Huuusshhh. Just be careful with setting ',' and all will be good. When used to it, it is a very need way to configure the miner, you will see.

That version number is strange...
Well the next release version for my MinexCoin miner is supposed to be 0.4 and the development versions go along with internal feature level... so this is mainly for myself to keep track Wink

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malandante

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:55:25 PM

Good job there! it works on my fiji cards. But you say only 4GB cards, so AMD 3GB cards are out of the game? I thought 144,5 had been carefully chosen precisely to raise the memory usage significantly but still allow 3GB cards to mine.

edit: rephrase
malandante

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:00:08 PM

Welcome to lolMiner-144.5 0.38
                 Public preview

This software is only meant for pool mining
       with the Equihash 144.5 algorithm

For usage instructions add -h to the commandline.
          Made by Lolliedieb, June 2018
-------------------------------------------------
lolMiner is configured to mine Bitcoin Gold(BTG), Equihash 144.5
AUTO
Auto selecting platform with id 0: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Auto selecting all GPU in platform.
Using device with id 0 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
 )
Using device with id 1 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
 )
Using device with id 2 (AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series)
Using device with id 3 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
 )
Using device with id 4 (AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series)
Setup Miner...
Warning: Your device with id 0 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.
Warning: Your device with id 1 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.
Warning: Your device with id 2 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.
Warning: Your device with id 3 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.
Warning: Your device with id 4 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.
Error: lolMiner does not support any of the detected / selected devices al
orithms on the selected algorithm.
PCMining

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:21:01 PM

Wow, Lets try first in my pool Smiley

https://www.cratex.io

Cratex is international cryptocurrency trade platform and best place to buy, sell, trade and learn about crypto (0.1% trade fee, minimal withdrawal fees, fast deposits).
senzujedi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:26:35 PM

Unfortunately doesn't work with Vega:

Public preview

lolMiner is configured to mine BitcoinZ(BTCZ), Equihash 144.5
Using device with id 0 (Radeon RX Vega)
Setup Miner...
ERROR: Kernel kernels/144_5/gfx900.bin can not be build for your device 0(gfx900)
Build Status: -2
Build Options:
Build Log: Error: AMD HSA Code Object loading failed.

Warning: Your device with id 0 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.5
Error: lolMiner does not support any of the detected / selected devices algorithms on the selected algorithm.

I tried with the 18.6.1 Beta driver.
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

Good job there! it works on my fiji cards. But you say only 4GB cards, so AMD 3GB cards are out of the game? I thought 144,5 had been carefully chosen precisely to raise the memory usage significantly but still allow 3GB cards to mine.

I was not aware of AMD 3G GPUs ... well ... they could work, just not tested it ^^
I just got news that AMD GCN 1 Tahiti cards generally work, just put this file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pN-zUv3pvJvrsETFbQ-8j_3gxercIObV into same directory as the other ones Smiley

That bug is stange ... but had that error message before with other Windows build kernels as well ... hmm ... you can try using the Vega kernel included in the Linux package (it is different) ... if that is still not working I will try to call back my testers so I can compile a vega kernel on one of their systems.

Check out lolMiner 1.56, an efficient miner for Ethash, Beam and many Cuckoo-Cycle and Equihash variants for AMD & Nvidia cards at low fees.
senzujedi

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:35:37 PM

I was not aware of AMD 3G GPUs ... well ... they could work, just not tested it ^^
I just got news that AMD GCN 1 Tahiti cards generally work, just put this file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pN-zUv3pvJvrsETFbQ-8j_3gxercIObV into same directory as the other ones Smiley

That bug is stange ... but had that error message before with other Windows build kernels as well ... hmm ... you can try using the Vega kernel included in the Linux package (it is different) ... if that is still not working I will try to call back my testers so I can compile a vega kernel on one of their systems.

With the linux kernel I got the following message:

Public preview

lolMiner is configured to mine BitcoinZ(BTCZ), Equihash 144.5
Using device with id 0 (Radeon RX Vega)
Setup Miner...
ERROR: Kernel kernels/144_5/gfx900.bin can not be build for your device 0(gfx900)
Build Status: -2
Build Options:
Build Log: Error: The binary is incorrect or incomplete. Finalization to ISA couldn't be performed.

Error: lolMiner does not support any of the detected / selected devices algorithms on the selected algorithm.

I'm at work, I logged in my computer through TeamViewer, could that be an issue? Nice work btw, a lot of people will praise your name Smiley
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:51:41 PM

Is there any profit calculator for the new algo ?
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1854
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:57:48 PM

I have 6GB Tahiti XFX 280x, but they are not recognized. The miner keeps restarting with an error. (I put tahiti.bin in the folder "kernels").
Ballysto

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:58:03 PM

I'm having the same issue with my Vega 56 on the 18.5.1 driver.
tale01

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:59:43 PM

Fiji speed avg. 14 S/s too slow.  Tongue
use little power, I think it user more power, speed is up.
For NVIDIA algo 144,5 use more power is the same 200,9

wait tuning for AMD....GO GO GO  Wink
malandante

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:02:10 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 04:16:29 PM by malandante

It works with this kernel on 7970 and 280x. Good job again!

Edit: quoting
jonjonjon

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:26:28 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 05:46:21 PM by jonjonjon

./run_miner.sh
                 Public preview                  

lolMiner is configured to mine Bitcoin Gold(BTG), Equihash 144.5
Using device with id 0 (AMD Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics)
Setup Miner...
./run_miner.sh: line 21:  3289 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./lolMiner-144 -profile=$PROFILE $@

Linux 4.13.0-32-generic #35~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP x86_64

AMDGPU-Pro Driver 17.40

AMD rx470 8GB

clinfo and strace here : https://pastebin.com/ayC2MNvv

UPDATE:
Some magic happen, and it works now. But yes, first time on this machine was something like Crimson drivers, not a mining drivers, then I update drivers to "AMDGPU-Pro 17.40 Driver for Linux". Right ufter update and reboot it wasn't work, but after few more reboots it start working.

https://i.imgur.com/VFMatuA.png
ivomm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:18:18 PM

It works with this kernel on 7970 and 280x. Good job again!

Edit: quoting

Mine are not working on Windows.
gsanjin

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:31:25 PM

Windows 7 x64, AMD R9 280x 3Gb cards, i downloaded additional tahiti kernel, getting:

Public preview

lolMiner is configured to mine SnowGem(XSG), Equihash 144.5
Using device with id 0 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)
Using device with id 1 (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series)
Setup Miner...
Warning: Your device with id 1 is currently not supported by lolMiner-144.5

Ok, got it working but just after I renamed tahiti_144.bin into tahiti.bin.
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 04:49:01 PM

Windows 7 x64, AMD R9 280x 3Gb cards, i downloaded additional tahiti kernel, getting:

Damn you are right ^^ Well you see some stuff written / released here with a hot needle. Well ... thats why its a preview ^^

Mine are not working on Windows.

Can you be a bit more specific? What I could need get things better: GPU and driver version and - if you see some - the error message the miner prints out to command line Smiley

I'm having the same issue with my Vega 56 on the 18.5.1 driver.

Vega currently seems broken, working on a solution.

Fiji speed avg. 14 S/s too slow.  Tongue

wait tuning for AMD....GO GO GO  Wink

I will start tuning for AMD asap - right now lets sort out the AMD driver troubles Smiley

gsanjin

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:00:13 PM

Damn you are right ^^ Well you see some stuff written / released here with a hot needle. Well ... thats why its a preview ^^

Fiji speed avg. 14 S/s too slow.  Tongue

wait tuning for AMD....GO GO GO  Wink

I will start tuning for AMD asap - right now lets sort out the AMD driver troubles Smiley

Glad to help in squeezing of bugs Smiley
A little more info - R9 280x 3GB not overclocked (1000/1500MHz) with Crimson 15.12 drivers, Windows 2008 R2 x64 (or Win 7 x64 SP1 codebase, don't ask me why I run server version Smiley ), getting between 6-8 sol/s per card.
ivomm
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:26:58 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2018, 05:56:35 PM by ivomm

OK, I renamed the tahiti.bin and it started mining after some errors. I restarted the miner 3 times and it works now. The stats are a bit odd 71/6/13/14 total 104 sols. I got 4 XFX 6GB 280x. They are a special edition and rarely found. My system is windows 10 with adrenaline 17.12.1. I will test with standard 3GB Tahiti, but I don't know the option for chosing which card to mine (like -di in claymore).

Edit: I found the option DEVICES. Again the miner gave 0 sols and restarted automatically endlessly, until I closed it, opened it again and began mining with 18-20 sols per card. This is for the rigs with regular 3GB Tahiti 280x Grin
Lolliedieb (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 05:31:45 PM

Glad to help in squeezing of bugs Smiley
A little more info - R9 280x 3GB not overclocked (1000/1500MHz) with Crimson 15.12 drivers, Windows 2008 R2 x64 (or Win 7 x64 SP1 codebase, don't ask me why I run server version Smiley ), getting between 6-8 sol/s per card.

Hmm it could be the driver version. I did compile the binary kernels with pretty young drivers and AMD does not guaranty for compatibility between versions - so it just could be that the 15.12 are too old for the 17.40 compiles binaries.

OK, I renamed the tahiti.bin and it started mining after some errors. I restarted the miner 3 times and it works now. The stats are a bit odd 71/6/13/14 total 104 sols. I got 4 XFX 6GB 280x. They are a special edition and rarely found. My system is windows 10 with adrenaline 17.12.1. I will test with standard 3GB Tahiti, but I don't know the option for chosing which card to mine (like -di in claymore).

The option is there ... in the config file you can replace "DEVICE" : "AUTO" by "DEVICE" : [1,2,3] to only run on your 2nd, 3rd and 4th card. The first one of yours seems to have an issue. 71 sol/s would be nice, but its definitely too much to be a correct result.

Patrick Durbin

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:43:20 PM

I have

id 0 rx 580 4gig
id 1 rx 580 8 gig
id 2 hd7950 3gig
id 3 hd7950 3gig
id 4 hd7950 3gig
id 5 rx550 4gig
id 6 r9 280x 3gig

In the old equihash i could get 1800 solutions/s

I know its gonna change drasticly and thats fine. However!

my rx550 4gig will not use the curren gfx804.bin it says -11 error etc also it says amd hsa somethin or another i cnat remember.

can you make a new bin for me? not all rx550 are 2 gigs. Wink

{
   "DEFAULTS" : {
      "PLATFORM"         : "AUTO",
      "DEVICE" : [0,1,2,3,4,6]
   },

"EXAMPLE1" :
   {
      "COIN" : "SAFE",
      "POOLS" : [
         {"POOL" : "safecoin.catspool.org",
          "PORT" : "3436",
          "USER" : "RcfQvQnemQ4jQdcsauVDexYe1JA6WEgDir",
          "PASS" : "x"}
      ]
   }

}

all that happens is ithe miner cylecs over and over and over as if the config is messed up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: