Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:24:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitstamp btc withdrawal problem  (Read 24691 times)
Bartje

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

Anybody any news on BTC-E?

My BTC-E withdrawal on feb 10 is still in limbo... meaning no funds in my account and no funds on the blockchain.

My Bitstamp funds have been restored indeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 12:20:43 AM

Let's try again.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:41:56 AM

Let's try again.

Please keep us updated!
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:10:55 AM

My BTC-E withdrawal on feb 10 is still in limbo... meaning no funds in my account and no funds on the blockchain.

I deposited twice and withdrew twice from BTC-e since Bitstamp and Gox have been withholding your money. BTC-e did halt things briefly at some point.

Kraken never halted transfers because they "read the manual". People talk about other exchanges I never heard of who also read the manual.

jedisurfer

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:59:23 AM

same here btc-e is slowing losing my confidence and trust, there are better exchanges now.
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 09:14:22 AM

same here btc-e is slowing losing my confidence and trust, there are better exchanges now.

Good news guys, my withdrawal went through after I thought it's lost in the limbo as well!
Just wait and be patient.
I think they have to chancel every single withdrawal manually and this can take for ever when you have a couple 1000 withdrawals pending.

and I was defently one of the very first with the withdrawal problem on btc-e.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:46:03 AM

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitcoin-withdrawals-processing-soon/
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:24:44 AM

+1

Anyway I am migrating to Kraken after all of this ... also I am tired of calculating EUR/USD exchange rate for my localbtc trades, since Stamp doesn't have EUR order book, Kraken does.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
dave111223
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 01:12:53 PM

No withdrawals still (not sure what "Today" means in their latest release, ie which timezone)

Anyway I am migrating to Kraken after all of this ... also I am tired of calculating EUR/USD exchange rate for my localbtc trades, since Stamp doesn't have EUR order book, Kraken does.

Same...or at least have multiple verified exchange accounts for these types of occurances.

I don't like the way Bitstamp have handled this; its bizarre how nonchalant all bitcoin businesses seem to be..."we have better things to be doing than paying people their money, or even telling you when we will pay you"...you'd think they were curing cancer in the other room or something.

Bitstamp is still miles better than the way Gox have handled it, but still not good enough.

Dave's Bitcoin exchange grading chart:

A: Don't have a problem in the first place
B: Have a problem but fixed within a day with hourly progress updates
C: Fix the problem within a few days with daily progress updates
D: Fix the problem after a many days with barely any updates during  <--- Bitstamp
F: Take weeks fixing the problem and give almost no relevant updates.
F- (aka the Gox grade): Never properly fix the problem, blame it on someone else, keep charging fees and start praying to a shrine made of 3 Twinkies and a ding dong
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

No withdrawals still (not sure what "Today" means in their latest release, ie which timezone)

Same...or at least have multiple verified exchange accounts for these types of occurances.

I don't like the way Bitstamp have handled this; its bizarre how nonchalant all bitcoin businesses seem to be..."we have better things to be doing than paying people their money, or even telling you when we will pay you"...you'd think they were curing cancer in the other room or something.

Bitstamp is still miles better than the way Gox have handled it, but still not good enough.

Dave's Bitcoin exchange grading chart:

A: Don't have a problem in the first place
B: Have a problem but fixed within a day with hourly progress updates
C: Fix the problem within a few days with daily progress updates
D: Fix the problem after a many days with barely any updates during  <--- Bitstamp
F: Take weeks fixing the problem and give almost no relevant updates.
F- (aka the Gox grade): Never properly fix the problem, blame it on someone else, keep charging fees and start praying to a shrine made of 3 Twinkies and a ding dong

+21e6

Please lets all start using Dave's Bitcoin Exchange Grading Chart. Can someone less lazy use it to grade every exchange and get a mod to sticky it? :p

rob2360a

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:12:15 PM

bitstamp is OPEN - WITHDRAWAL just hit blockchain!
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:49:23 PM

I can confirm, we are starting to manually send out smaller batches of withdrawal requests while monitoring the bitcoin client's performance. Once we are completely satisfied with the results we will move to fully automated processing again.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Bitnicity

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:04:52 PM

withdrawal is back, mine went through the chain, load up your guns.
awesomeami

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:36:27 PM

I can confirm, we are starting to manually send out smaller batches of withdrawal requests while monitoring the bitcoin client's performance. Once we are completely satisfied with the results we will move to fully automated processing again.
THIS ^^

And thats why I stick with bitstamp instead of mt.fux ot btce.
Very fast SEPA in&out
very serious business
nice communication

blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:28:39 PM

I sent ~0.1 BTC from my ripple account to my bitcoin wallet yesterday using bitstamps bridge. Nothing so far. Hope I get my money when they start paying out again.
Can confirm I now have received them. The bridge however seems to be down atm.
dave111223
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 01:05:07 AM

Confirmed, withdrawals now working.

@hazek in the future when these kinds of things happen please please keep us up-to-date.  Even if that basically means telling us bullshit or almost nothing.  At least something is better than nothing.

Even if the daily update is something as simple as "Still working on the code"...it's just reassuring to know that there is someone there actually doing something.  It takes literally less than 1 minute to post something like that on facebook or twitter.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

The spreads in the market (excluding Mt. Gox) are still far too big. Full liquidity has not resumed.

$/BTC
LocalBitcoins: $820
Coinbase: $666
Bitstamp:  $657
BTC-E:  $637

Those are way too far apart. When the exchanges are working right, those all track each other within a few dollars. What's not working?

(Mt. Gox, at $389, is off in "nobody believes you any more" land.)
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:26:20 AM

Successfully withdrew ~2.8BTC from Bitstamp in the last hour. The lack of communication on the site is disappointing.

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:39:44 AM

Successfully withdrew ~2.8BTC from Bitstamp in the last hour. The lack of communication on the site is disappointing.
[/quote

Confirmed, withdrawals now working.

@hazek in the future when these kinds of things happen please please keep us up-to-date.  Even if that basically means telling us bullshit or almost nothing.  At least something is better than nothing.

Even if the daily update is something as simple as "Still working on the code"...it's just reassuring to know that there is someone there actually doing something.  It takes literally less than 1 minute to post something like that on facebook or twitter.

Woah, you guys let's slow down a second before we start to mouth diarrhea all over the forum. Bitstamp just posted an update this morning about resuming withdrawals and Hazek posted afterward stating that they are processing manually processing withdrawals until they can go fully automated.

How much more can you ask for?
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:50:19 AM

Woah, you guys let's slow down a second before we start to mouth diarrhea all over the forum. Bitstamp just posted an update this morning about resuming withdrawals and Hazek posted afterward stating that they are processing manually processing withdrawals until they can go fully automated.

How much more can you ask for?

I would ask that they post their updates on their own web site, not on someone else's thread on bitcointalk.

As it stands, the web site has a message stating that withdrawals will be working again on the evening of the 14th, but then no update to say that they actually are. As days have passed with no further update in the past very few people will expect to go hunting on this forum for an update. It's just not very good customer service.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: