Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for translations of the Bitcoin article in Wikipedia [upto 23 BTC]  (Read 18103 times)
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 06:23:08 PM

You still reading this thread cw?

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 29, 2011, 02:31:29 AM

People that didn't get a reward for your work, please post a list with your names and addresses here; if after a month you still haven't been rewarded i'll see how many you are and see if it's worth splitting a part of what i got among you.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
topi

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 10:05:50 AM

List for addresses that did not get the reward for the translation of the Wikipedia article:

Finnish ( http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin ) - topi (tkanerva .at. gmail.com) : 19yHtsnBMZa478ThPkjpzdqrc7ftf8VbZb

Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 01:12:55 PM

I did the Italian translation: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin .

I repost it just because it has been asked: while I would surely enjoy a bounty I'm already well happy to have been useful in some practical way!

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 02:23:11 PM

Alright, to make it easier to track i made this, if you earned a reward here but didn't get it, please go there and leave your details as instructed.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 10:34:11 PM

what if someone did a translation and wanted to remain anonymous, but still collect the reward?
Smothier

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2011, 03:50:49 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2011, 09:37:52 PM by Smothier

Hey all, I'm new to this thing.

A friend introduced me to this system here and seeing as I know Bulgarian aswell as English, I want to ask how much would English to Bulgarian translations be worth here?

Edit: I am currently translating the Bitcoin page in Bulgarian,feel free to check on my progress.
Date: 02.05.2011
http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

I am nearly done with this,please share your opinions and also please no bad comments as I am VERY new to wikipedia so I may have some errors here and there.

Edit 2: I am done, please use the adress above to check and see if everything checks out

I'm sorry If I've made any mistakes and stuff which show as errors or don't appear, this is my very first time using Wikipedia to edin/create an article so its understandable that I wont be perfect with no experience whatsoever
Date: 04.05.2011

1Nga7HhEtoEw619xNCwLHrCYnMdqpFcqw6
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 06:00:10 PM

It seems that everybody forgot about my Polish translation...

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

1NLWBAD7ZD82fJDDawKfp5RAKSR8YWWYd3

carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 08:41:05 AM

It seems that everybody forgot about my Polish translation...
I'm afraid it seems the OP left his duties as a vault manager. Oh well, I'm not making a virtue of necessity though - I'm happy to help out anyway  Smiley Still sort of rude regarding those who chipped in...
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 06:36:51 AM

cw is not responding to my private messages, despite having visited the forum recently.  Does anyone have non-forum contact info for cw?  Perhaps through github?

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
cw (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 06:04:25 PM

I'm sorry guys. I'm really busy with RealLife(tm). I've given credentials for the escrow mybitcoin.com to eMansipater so he can manage the bounty or, eventually, give access to other trusted parties.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 06:21:41 PM

Appreciate it, cw!  I will be starting a new thread so that I can update the OP.  Before I do, can we get a conclusive list on as-yet-unpaid bounties?

I see:
Finnish by Topi,
Italian by Dusty,
Bulgarian by Smothier,
Norwegian by carlerha/Calle
and an offer by jcbrand to do Afrikaans.

How many of these have been reviewed by a native speaker?  I can review for structure/appearance but don't speak these five languages.

Also, I would like to give someone else access to the account in addition to myself--in case I were to be hit by a bus, etc.  Theymos is tied for second-highest donor but also has a lot on his plate.  da2ce7, are you interested?

carlerha

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:28:52 AM

How many of these have been reviewed by a native speaker?
I don't even know if any norwegians other than me are reading this thread; however, the article has been left alone by the wikipedia patrollers through 7 revisions so far since I first created it almost a month ago, indicating it's in decent shape linguistically. As far as the technical soundness goes, the article is, as topi points out, a direct translation from the english one, so the errors are very few or none. I'll see if I can find someone to check the article. Meanwhile:

Hvis du er norsk og leser dette hadde det vært hyggelig om du ville sett over: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
saus

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 10:20:01 AM

I don't even know if any norwegians other than me are reading this thread; however, the article has been left alone by the wikipedia patrollers through 7 revisions so far since I first created it almost a month ago, indicating it's in decent shape linguistically. As far as the technical soundness goes, the article is, as topi points out, a direct translation from the english one, so the errors are very few or none. I'll see if I can find someone to check the article. Meanwhile:

Hvis du er norsk og leser dette hadde det vært hyggelig om du ville sett over: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

I have reviewed carlerha's norwegian wiki-article, and it is accurate.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:32:20 PM

My translation was reviewed & corrected many times by polish wikipedia moderators themselves, just see the edit history:

http://pl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bitcoin&action=history

Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 08:35:33 PM

My translation was reviewed and corrected too, I would say also in great detail (just check the history)

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
Smothier

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 03:50:52 PM

I may have several mistakes due to the difficulty of translating sense making sentences from English to Bulgarian, I had extreme difficulty doing some of them. And for some reason one bit just won't save - I translated it and pressed save but every time i tried that it just didn't change so i dont know what to do about that
portfail

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:10:08 PM

Sorry to be the party pooper but the Bulgarian translation is just some automatic engine translation,even basic mistakes are not corrected and it has random english words and senteces left.It is useless and maybe damaging because it will leave bad taste in mouth for anybody who doesn't really know anything about bitcoin.
eMansipater

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2011, 07:50:38 AM

Sorry for the delay folks--I have been trying to track down some contacts who can review the other languages.  Expect the launch of the new thread soon.

In the meantime, what would those potentially eligible for the bounty think about gifting back a portion of their winnings to continue the fund?  I am thinking with the rise in value I should change the formula to increase the number of bounties we can award, and am curious to hear both the answer to this question as well as comments on the idea from the other contributors.

carlerha

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 10:16:58 AM

I'm willing to give up 10% of my bounty to fund translations. It's not much, but again my total BTC-holding is very low, and a big part of the incentive to work on the article was the coins. I also think the initially agreed upon bounties should be payed before you recalculate when starting a new thread. People seem to stick to this customary even for large amounts: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2072.0

To strengthen the bounty balance, I encourage the wealthier people in the community to help spread the word of Bitcoin by funding more translations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: