Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin?  (Read 1945 times)
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

To my opinion all altcoins compete with bitcoin. Every altocoin is probably made with desire to achive the same or even biger success than bitcoin and to take bitcoin's place. Of course the reason for that is profit.
But I don't think that Ethereum although is very good coin can actualy endanger bitcoin.
wilburwilbur

Activity: 266
Merit: 33

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:30:56 PM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.
Take a good luck at bitcoin, it still remains on the top despite of allegations that bitcoin is dead, scam or anything
Check cryptomarketcap and study bitcoin
Overall performance bitcoin still is number one but i can not deny the fact that etherium is one hell of a good coin and it beats bitcoin's transaction
Time will come, not now( i do not know when or if it will happen), that bitcoin will be overtaken by an alt currency

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:33:45 PM

Both of them are very different things.I personally don't think that ethereum is a classical payment method as bitcoin,therefore both coins have advantages and disadvantages,but if technical developers of bitcoin create something like ethereum's smart contracts than it may be possible,but not today...So I personally use bitcoin as a payment system and ethereum for another things to achieve special financial goals,therefore I don't think that this coins are competitors,because they are the best in their job and not the alternatives...
RAinery

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

Does not seem. Bitcoin is still king in the crypto world. Ethereum and bitcoin have unity with each other. Each has its own advantages.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:36:53 PM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin

We should worry about etherum maintain good value in the market, whats the usefulness of the dominance when it is worth just 400$ on exchhange
we all should focus on etherum worthiness more than 1000$

The arguement is useless until etherum maintains worth of over 1000$, till then
No more argument, etherum can never compete with Bitcoin.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:41:07 PM

altcoins from the beginning are created to cover up the flaws of bitcoin as well as to compete with it. years have pass but bitcoin is still strong and did not get beaten even once. eth can't surpass bitcoin it will remain behind it.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:46:00 PM

altcoins from the beginning are created to cover up the flaws of bitcoin as well as to compete with it. years have pass but bitcoin is still strong and did not get beaten even once. eth can't surpass bitcoin it will remain behind it.
Of course Bitcoin is the king of this market and no altcoin can compare to Bitcoin in the future as well as the present. I think if the Bitcoin price increases then the whole market will increase and vice versa but this will cause instability as the downtrend continues as the Bitcoin prices are depreciating and people are in a panic. If there is no intervention from the speculative funds, this market may return to zero
Beabtc11

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:46:57 PM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,

I think Ethereum does not compete to bitcoin. Ethereum is an advancement based on the principle of blockchain that supports bitcoin but with a purpose that does not compete with Bitcoin. Currently, the market cap of Ethereum is more than Ripple and Litecoin, although it's far behind Bitcoin. Bitcoin and Ethereum differ in purpose. While Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 01:56:36 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin never had competition because Ethereum is smart contract platform while bitcoin is solely for payments.
Ethereum will be famous among different companies that want to launch their ICOs and services while bitcoin will be considered as profitable invest-able asset.

Both can grow parallely without competing with each other.  

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:01:05 PM

No because ethereum rely only on bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is much higher value than ethereum and we all know that when bitcoin value gets down all cryptocurrency and ethereum will go down also because some cryto are rely on bitcoin.

Seriously ethereum relying on bitcoin and other alts? I think that's not mate true mate , cause as far as I know all coins in the market has a different sources and for sure different time of progress, maybe it's just a coincidence because of the market conditions.  Correct me if I'm wrong..
Eloson

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

Bitcoin and Ethereum are different versions using the blockchain technology, and are set to establish themselves, driven by different intentions.Ethereum is an advancement based on the principle of blockchain that supports bitcoin but with a purpose that does not compete with Bitcoin.ETH can compete with other coin and stay ahead but it's far behind Bitcoin.
ayiaye

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:14:11 PM

yes it may be that ethereum can compete with bitcoin, but etherum will be under bitcoin. because Ethereum is a public peer-to-peer network or blockchain with its own digital currency called Ether and blockchain Ethereum is designed to store various types of data. while Bitcoin is intended to keep a list of balances and transactions in its blockchain.
although ethereum has a lot of interest now, but bitcoin will remain number one, because we know bitcoin is the king of all coins and the price of all coins always follows the bitcoin price, it indicates that bitcoin is far above other altcoins.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:52:15 PM

Ethereum so far has a good track record when it comes to keeping in pace with bitcoin because the price of ethereum goes up accordingly when the price of bitcoin goes up. Although I still do not believe that ethereum is at that level where it can compete with bitcoin. The time will come when ethereum will do well enough to compete with bitcoin but that time is not now.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:02:06 PM

First thing first, Bitcoin and Ethereum are not comparable,
Bitcoin is a digital currency, Ethereum is providing peer-to-peer contract and dApps building.

Talking about the market capital or price, again, there is no competition at the moment, Bitcoin is dominating market with 42%+ dominance.. However Ethereum is at around 17% which is not even half the market capital of Bitcoin.
Best Coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:02:43 PM

If you look at the moment, and the crypto market is still very unstable, I think before the end of the year, the Ethereum should cost at least $ 2000.
jahidck

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:34:57 AM

If we take in consideration what which coin is the best, undoubtedly, it is bitcoin. This is the first coin which entered the market. But at the same time ETH has grown a lot and is able to give a head on competition to BTC and simultaneously to 1500 coins as well. But BTC is the best one so far.
maulana rifai

Activity: 331
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:48:55 AM

all possibilities may occur in the future because in cryptocurrencies all altcoin compete with the smart always give the best in technology, so that is able to attract as many consumers as possible will be the ruler in cryptocurrencies. service, price stability, popular is very important to be number one.
cryptodreem

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:41:59 PM

At first there was just one coin called bitcoin but now there are more than 1500 hundred coins in this market of crypto currency and so the market has become very much competitive now a day. Bitcoins is in the first and Ethereum is in the second so there is competition between these two always. I believe that bitcoin will always be first.
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 11:21:42 PM

Its true bitcoin is far ahead from ethereum but bitcoin's near competitor is ethereum. Ethereum belongs in the 2nd position of the market and bitcoin is no1 position. That’s why I suggest you invest on bitcoin if you can’t invest on bitcoin then choose ethereum.
Supremacy2

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:30:01 PM

Ethereum is not competing with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation of all coins and to beat it, it will take many years.
To my best knowledge about Bitcoin, the Total supply and circulating supply of Bitcoin will be equal after mining everything in some years to come, then the price will rise unexpectedly because many holders will HOLD it tight. #My opinion
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: