Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin?  (Read 1945 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:33:02 PM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
The progress of Ethereum has been quick because of the emerging of its smart contract and ERC20 token.

That made it to increase its use and market cap so it reached to the top and became the number 2 coin in the cryptoverse.

maybe in future it may beat bitcoin
No it won't.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
gela888gela

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:34:03 PM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
I think bitcoin and ethereum are not in a competitive situation. Ethereum may be beyond bitcoin but not in a short time and not as easy as imagined. Everything needs to be processed and depends heavily on the number of requests. Bitcoin is a crypto king who certainly has power because of his great community, it will be difficult to shift his position.
ichi ocha

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:48:10 AM

I do not think because I see the price of ethereum contradict each other then from now on with the price of Ethereum declining bitcoin prices will go up and get recovered because a few months ago the price of bitcoin has decreased drastically and hopefully it returns good and back to good luck
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:56:23 AM

The only thing that keep ETH alive is thanks to ICO. Without ICO, I don't think ETH could be like today. Thought, ICO's reputation is keep getting worst because of many scam and crap ICO.
So I don't think ETH will fare any better in future unless finding a way fix or control ICO scam.
mjvilla

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:03:06 AM

just keep in mind that ETH is centralized and - you will get your answers yourself.

That fud has long been forgotten actually. It worked back when the price of ETH was less than $20, it dip back to $7 when a lot of guys fud about it being centralized. I guess those who fud had already enough ETH to cover their mouth. Maybe its you have had spent all you got and you are left with no ETH anymore. ERC tokens are building the internet already, more than half of the tokens are using ETH chain, you might just have to join and invest even just few so you won't be left behind again.

As for now bitcoin was still at the highest peak among other coins and ethereum got its second place. I know soon ethereum will also have its place just like bitcoin. Sothere are lots of chances that ethereum can beat bitcoin.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 03:13:20 AM

The progress of Ethereum has been quick because of the emerging of its smart contract and ERC20 token.

That made it to increase its use and market cap so it reached to the top and became the number 2 coin in the cryptoverse.

No it won't.

But why do you think it won't beat BTC? ETH gave so many people and companies the product they needed - the solution for easy and convenient crowdfunding. And now I see that even simple people in the community really pay each other for different services in ETH more often (check Services board for example, so many coders, designers, etc accept ETH as a payment).

MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:05:47 AM

I don't think it will beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency that arrived in the market and still ranks first among all other cryptocurrency. Ethereum is also a promising coin in the market, but it won't be able to beat Bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:34:23 AM

But why do you think it won't beat BTC? ETH gave so many people and companies the product they needed - the solution for easy and convenient crowdfunding. And now I see that even simple people in the community really pay each other for different services in ETH more often (check Services board for example, so many coders, designers, etc accept ETH as a payment).
This has been discussed many times before, it's not only ETH that is being asked if it will be able to beat bitcoin. I've said that ETH is also prone to these "companies/products" that are also scamming people so do you think people won't learn from those incidents of being scammed? They are paying developers to create tokens through ETH(ERC20) because it's easier to create and use it even you don't have a legit road map, plan and execution and the only thing on your mind is to make money, you can use it easily.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MichleDow

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

I think that yes and not only Ethereum. A lot of projects that appear introduce all new technologies and try to create worthy competition for Bitcoin. But the main advantage of Bitcoin is that it is time-tested, which you can not say about all other coins.
davisagughalam

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:46:44 AM

In terms of technology and proper use of the block chain, ethereum has much higher value. But due to the years of domination of bitcoin and funding bitcoin already has, ethereum is no where near bitcoin. Ethereum competes only in tech and not in prices.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:14:03 AM

I think that yes and not only Ethereum. A lot of projects that appear introduce all new technologies and try to create worthy competition for Bitcoin. But the main advantage of Bitcoin is that it is time-tested, which you can not say about all other coins.

Came here to say this. We all know that bitcoin is the number one coin in the market in terms of price and value but there are some fast rising coins with revolutionary technology, ethereum included, which are gearing up to start competing with bitcoin for the top spot in the market. With bitcoin not growing much since its inception, it won't be long until another coin takes over.`

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:47:57 AM

ETH already has bitten bitcoin in terms of adoption and use cases.

How do you use BTC? For trading, hodl and storing profit. The latter isn't so actual after last six months.

How do you use ETH? Trading. ICO investments. Payments.

It's fast. It haqs smart-contracts infrastructure. And it has real world usage.

BTC has a huge marketing advantage of beeing The First One. Question is - will ETH usability overcome it before ETH itself will be bitten by something newer and better? Or maybe Lighting Network will turn the table?

We'll see.
projectandy

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:49:07 AM

im just new to crypto and still studying it. But for me, they are in different nature. One is for payment and other is for applications or smart contract.
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:55:55 AM

Competition only happens when both coins have similar services offeredto the public. In cases regarding bitcoin and ethereum they are both good coins in their own category or market. They are being compared because of the popularity of these two coins and the stability of it. Ethereum is rising and have it’s own growth separated to bitcoins blockchain. However bitcoin is also a well known coin that is hard to compete with it’s platform.
projectandy

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 10:57:45 AM

Ethereum is not competing with Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the foundation of all coins and to beat it, it will take many years.
To my best knowledge about Bitcoin, the Total supply and circulating supply of Bitcoin will be equal after mining everything in some years to come, then the price will rise unexpectedly because many holders will HOLD it tight. #My opinion

No, It is not competing. Its like different industry.different uses.
iknowitsme

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:02:48 AM

im just new to crypto and still studying it. But for me, they are in different nature. One is for payment and other is for applications or smart contract.
Not quite so. ETH is better for payment. Lower fees (of course when manipulators from EOS don't try to attack network with overpriced transactions) and faster transactions.

BTC is better when it comes to  long-time hold and when you need to sell your crypto for fiat. Much more people are ready to buy it.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:02:56 AM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.

i think ethereum will never beat bitcoin,,
if you talk about others coins besides bitcoins maybe, ethereum is the right choice for now
and, in my opinion all cryptocurrencies can't beat bitcoin

yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

What differs ethereum from bitcoin is the new technology behind it, Ethereum operates on a ledger technology which is a decentralized type of database.
Moreover, Ethereum has the potential to provide basic operating system for the next generation of decentralized internet and also has the potential to become a publicly used entity that easily makes contact between customers.
rlm42

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:06:26 AM

Competition as a blockchain - not. They have different directions. Bitcoin - for transactions. The Ethereum seeks to become a kind of super computer. As a cryptocurrency - most likely not, bitcoin is more popular, it is more preferable as a cryptocurrency asset, referring to its value and stability. But, ether has a huge potential.
Rnd2012

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:13:56 AM

Currently the market is opening for compete you have to expect any changes BTC changed price from 3k to 19k and now around 6.5k.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: