Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:26:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin?  (Read 1945 times)
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:37:43 AM

Ethereum is at this moment the only cryptocurrency that can compete with Bitcoin. It is a project of exceptional value, and its team is working very hard to improve it and develop it in the best way. I think that in the coming years it has the potential to reach and surpass even Bitcoin, becoming the new king of cryptocurrencies
konohlo

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:49:23 AM

I think bitcoin and ethereum do not deserve to be called competing because each has different functions and services. bitcoin if you want long-term invasulation, and ethereum for a shorter time. but bitcoin is still a symbol of cryptocurrency.
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:52:23 AM

As much as I believe in the potential of ethereum and it is a very good coin and it is fast rising, I know it is competing with bitcoin but I am sure it cannot beat bitcoin even with its advanced technology, bitcoin will continue to be the best and most valued coin in crypto.
emanjun

Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin
It can compete with bitcoin but we cant deny the fact that ethereum cant beat bitcoin because we all know that bitcpin ia the king of all currency. Without bitcoin there will be no ethereum at all

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:56:36 AM

I think that Bitcoin and Etherium are not competitors. Bitcoin remains the king of the crypto-currency and the way of storing the savings, but the Etherium is primarily a technology.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:06:19 AM

No I don't think it can compete with btc because ethereum is centralized cryptocurrency but bitcoin gets its power from decentralization basically having no owner.

Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:07:31 AM

Yes, Ethereum does have the potential to compete with bitcoin but it will take the coin years to do so as bitcoin being the pioneer, has the first mover advantage and hence is considered as a brand name for the cryptos.
Ethereum has a more advanced blockchain than Bitcoin and not only as an investment asset, can also be used as a token for smart, decentralised applications and also as a platform for posting new ICOs. But Ethereum currently has a market capital of $44 billion in comparison to Bitcoin's $109 billion. However, the coin is gaining wide acceptance with time.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:07:54 AM

No ETH cant compete BTC however it was be more used than BTC but BTC is a pioneer in crypto

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
balfouri

Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:13:18 AM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
Ethereum can't beat Bitcoin even in the future because Bitcoin is most popular in the cryptocurrencies.Ethreum is the secondary always.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:37:18 AM

Well, that was people say when Litecoin was in second place until it was dethroned and this question has been asked so many times or a hundred times and I think it will not stop until Ethereum finally beat Bitcoin or after a decade, if ethereum overcome Bitcoin, the next likely question is will Bitcoin regains it's number one spot.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:40:55 AM

I'm very suspicious about it. Maybe weeks ago, I still thought that ETH has chance to beat BTC in the future but at the moment, I think it'll be able to beat BTC. At first, because of increasing in transaction fee of ETH, I think that ETH has reached the limit and seem like number of ICO project left can be developed depend on ETH blockchain is really little. After that when there are no ICO project can be able to develop depend on ETH blockchain so what  will happen? I think people will not care about ETH the same like before anymore.
baileys1

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:44:52 AM

sure, it does. But we cannot know it's gonna beat BTC or not. The market changes, and sometimes the things are not predictable. ETH and BTC are both strong and the race will always exist.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:45:36 AM

Ethereum is the biggest coin ever since Bitcoin. Because of Bitcoin and Ethereum, the crypto money world was very popular.
I think the price of Ethereum will be valued very soon.
I invested in Ethereum.
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:46:29 AM

Well they're both fairly different, I don't see why they can't both do well together long term. ETH obviously needs to scale soon though.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:10:16 PM

it can beat bitcoin, bitcoin has market gone down,because buyers are buying less bitcoin, they are checking other bitcoins, which is good and highest price.

Other Bitcoins? There is but one Bitcoin and that is Bitcoin. You might be talking about altcoins.

Etherium might have a chance in beating Bitcoin since it provides much faster transactions and less transaction fee. This, though, is still a difficult thing to speculate since Bitcoin is still the dominant coin.
Jazvebtc18

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:19:54 PM

Well, for me it will not beat bitcoin.  But there are a lot of ways to earn living .The other advantage of Ethereum over Bitcoin is that its technology is being regularly updated by the cryptographers, working on the decentralized application (dapp) and smart contracts platform. These features concentrate the attention of those programmers, who are interested in developing new applications and softwares related with the decentralized P2P network. Since the blockchain technology promises a revolution in many industries (e.g. banking, education, medicine, science, etc.), the Ethereum platform developers have the unique opportunity of advancing from it.

The current price, network hashrate difficulty, electricity costs and extra transfer fees make Ethereum a perfect choice for the average miners that do not have cheaper access to energy providers and do not have space for building entire mining farms (which is highly recommended for profitable Bitcoin mining). Therefore, Ethereum is expected to gain extra popularity and attention from the cryptographers, miners and traders during the upcoming two-three years, since its current reasonable price (around $450) and the software development perspectives give make it an ideal choice for the ICO investors.
Silifatmuda

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:35:46 PM

Etheruem competing with bitcoin?
I don't really see this happening, I didn't see etheruem replacing bitcoin in the near future because etheruem and bitcoin  offer different services,uses different platforms and moreover have different aims and objectives
Maybe in the future it can compete with bitcoin. But currently I can see etheruem as an alternative to bitcoin, not replacing it.
ooxtcoo

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:12:55 PM

after all, these coins are completely different in their structure. can't compete with each other directly? if we talk about what coin will take 1 place in the future, then it is definitely bitcoin. so far, no 1 coin can not compete with it directly.
Nikitavoz

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:26:43 PM

I think that this rather obvious and considering how the Ethereum team is trying to outperform bitcoin and the number of users of the network also shows it..
netil

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:00:00 PM

If we compare the potential and not the current cost, then the etherium may be ahead of bitcoin. one way or another, but the success of the etherium is determined by the success of the tokens on its basis.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
✓ BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: