Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:43:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do ethereum compete with bitcoin?  (Read 1945 times)
primeer

Activity: 883
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:56:47 PM

They are totally different and they have so different uses. They are not in a position to compete each other. One day, Ethereum may pass Bitcoin's market cap though.
ToddDiaz

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:45:35 AM

Ethereum isn't competing with bitcoin in my own opinion. Bitcoin is yet to have a good competition in the market and it will take quite a lot for a coin to be regarded as a competition to bitcoin. Ethereum in itself is another good coin, but nah, it's not a competition to bitcoin.
karinaloren

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

It may happen one day, but definitely not now. In general, I do not think that Bitcoin ha s real competitors. Its position is too strong.
arthurgrand

Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:19:06 AM

Well if any altcoin will compete with bitcoin is an way, then it definitely should be ethereum but right now and in the nearest future is doesn't stand a chance.
guizi6

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:53:33 AM

Ether is the most favorable competitor for Bitcoin. If there is no Ether, then there will not be so many projects now. Many projects are improving the blockchain, which allows us to see good technical development goals. But in terms of community, it is still the best for Ether.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:26:48 PM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin

Of course Ethereum can be considered as a competitor of Bitcoin, but this is still not a situation in which competition disrupt the development of two cryptocurrency projects. On the contrary it helps to develop.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

After bitcoin the next in line is ethereum so it is just natural if the two compete against one another. I also noticed that they compete expecially when ethereum have a faster transaction speed than bitcoin
James Smithh

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:05:11 PM

Both of these cryptocurrencies are exchanged by using blockchain technology. A blockchain is a public ledger of all transactions that have occurred. Blocks are added in a linear chronological order. The ledger is public because each node has the full blockchain so it cannot be falsified by a single entity. A node is any computer that is connected to the blockchain and used to execute and verify transactions(Investopedia, 2016). Although each uses blockchain technology they have different goals in mind, which can be seen through the coding protocols put in place.
 :-*Bitcoin was designed to act as a secure peer to peer decentralized payment system. Since everything is shown on the public ledger, the blockchain, you can be confident that the transaction is legitimate and the need to trust the other party is negated. Ethereum was designed to be much more than a payment system. It is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
Patricia Joness

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:07:00 PM

There are many differences that make Bitcoin and Ethereum distinct from one another. We do not believe that they have an inverse relationship, meaning when one increases in value, the other decreases;
They can coexist as they are working towards different goals. Bitcoin is striving to provide fast and secure transactions while Ethereum is focusing on much more. As more and more smart contracts and decentralized applications are built Ethereum’s popularity and profitability will increase. Although both are volatile at this point, ether is so new that it is difficult to predict where it will go.
We believe that both of these cryptocurrencies have benefits and will see an increase in value going forward.
Tejas05
Copper Member

Activity: 560

NextPakk

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 02:09:18 PM

Ethereum use cases are different to Bitcoin's. Anyway Bitcoin is coming with lighting network where the transaction speed will be much faster and transaction costs way lower, this will keep Bitcoin on top.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
konohlo

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:21:46 PM

bitcoin is still a symbol of cryptocurrency, but as the price continues to decline, people are choosing ethereum because of the ease and benefits it offers. but I think the bitcoin will remain king of cryptocurrency for a long time.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

as if it is in the second place and nearer to the bitcoin then compare to other coins,
maybe in future it may beat bitcoin

maybe, but the fact until now no one can really compete with bitcoin. you can see from a distance price comparison and market volume. moreover bitcoin is more special than other altcoin although there are many technologies that exceed the bitcoin.

euggio

Activity: 433
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:34:58 PM

after all, these coins are completely different in their structure. can't compete with each other directly? if we talk about what coin will take 1 place in the future, then it is definitely bitcoin. so far, no 1 coin can not compete with it directly.
cerberus5424

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

I think that Ethereum can compete with Bitcoin, but for now Ethereum is still far from Bitcoin and the Ethereum rate depends on Bitcoin, in other words, like all other altcoins.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:51:29 PM

In my own opinion I will say no because they serve two different purpose, so i don't see them competing, rather i see bitcoin as the dominating coin at the moment and years to come.
akosijue

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:16:21 PM

Well ethereum really put up a good work towards their own blockchain which is far more faster and transparent than bitcoin blockchain like they promised. But comparing them would be as a utility token won't matter as ethereum won't reach bitcoin in it's price and marketcap. First, its because of their total supply that bitcoin has far less than ethereum. Second, bitcoin has been the market leader ever since, if it goes down, every cryptocurrency will go down with it. It's only my opinion though and I'm just stating facts but I maybe wrong. Just so, happy trading guys Sad
Falconet

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:56:35 PM

Well, ethereum was the first alternative to bitcoin, so it has alot of influence nowadays, it's whole platform is used extensively for the creation of token which ICO projects use to promote their project so it's versatility is huge, however bitcoin is still more valuable.
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Well I don't think they are competing. In my own opinon ethereum built on what bitcoin has done previously and even more a step further to introduce some features that wasn't present in btc. It is normal for people to pair them against each other because ethereum is most popular coin after BTC but IMO they are not competitiors
Abigail Asi

Merit: 2

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:26:52 PM

Well there is a rivalry between ethereum and bitcoin as a result of the popularity and some few factors but I think there's no way ethereum can compete with bitcoin because bitcoin is second to none. It's the best across the globe.
Grissham

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:34:12 PM

According to me, it feels like it's hard to say that the or is not competing with etherium bitcoin. because of bitcoin itself strong enough to defend its position as the pre-eminent although we cannot also belie the etherium these stages construct good future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: