Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:52:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinUO - The first Ultima Online with Bitcoins! Free BTC  (Read 7004 times)
CoinUO (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

This game actually sounds/looks pretty sick haha might try it out  Grin

For everyone who knows MMOs but not Ultima Online and wonders why, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvK8fua6O64

Thank you, CoinUO for this shard. I have one question which belongs to the bitcoin forum. You say that the gold in the loot is automatically adjusted to the amount of bitcoins. How does this work exactly? Does it mean there is a fixed rate of exchange between IG gold and bitcoin which your program tries to sustain? Is, for example, every goldcoin backed up by a satoshi or like 10% of all coins?
And whatfor is the bitcoin stone in game? It currently does nothing for me.

The shard assumes that every Bitcoin is worth 1,000,000GP (this value could change), this sounds like very much but in reality equals to 3-5USD per 5,000BTC which you could potentially acquire within 15 minutes with a powered up character. If there is less BTC in the system than GP in the world then less GP is issued with every monster kill in proportion, if there is more then more BTC is issued.

The server still needs a lot of balancing which is why we beta test it (thank you beta testers!).

To withdraw with the Bitcoin stone you first turn your BTC into a check (walk up to a banker in britian and write "check amount") once you get the check you double click it when it's in your backpack and point it on the Bitcoin stone, the check should then disappear and a transaction sent to your address, the txid will be shown to you in-game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hpotsirc

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:00:00 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 09:55:32 AM by Hpotsirc

Hey Greg,

so here is my first small bug report:
1. The standard skill cap seems to be still intact. I bought up some more skills today and once i reached 700 i couldn't buy up any further. Also using low skills wouldn't give me any gains.
2. Even though im at GM Mining the only metals i have found so far are iron and bronze. I am not sure if this is intended.

Two more questions:
Will the cap for a single skill be 100 or will there be power scrolls? I'm asking because I haven't found any NPC offering BODs yet.
Is the stat cap standard 225 or something different?

Cheers
Hpotsirc
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

This is really cool, I am going to show my friends! Keep up the great work
CoinUO (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:13:48 AM

Hey Greg,

so here is my first small bug report:
1. The standard skill cap seems to be still intact. I bought up some more skills today and once i reached 700 i couldn't buy up any further. Also using low skills wouldn't give me any gains.
2. Even though im at GM Mining the only metals i have found so far are iron and bronze. I am not sure if this is intended.

Two more questions:
Will the cap for a single skill be 100 or will there be power scrolls? I'm asking because I haven't found any NPC offering BODs yet.
Is the stat cap standard 225 or something different?

Cheers
Hpotsirc

That is weird for multiple reasons, first of all you shouldn't have been able to GM Mining so fast, second are the mining drops, third is the skill cap. I will look into these issues.
Hpotsirc

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:29:46 AM

That is weird for multiple reasons, first of all you shouldn't have been able to GM Mining so fast, second are the mining drops, third is the skill cap. I will look into these issues.
Hm i guess Mining ist just one of the skills that rises quite fast. Also I have been Mining A LOT these last days. Other skills that are supposed to gain slow actually do. For example i spent about 16k of ingots to gain from 32 to 43 Blacksmithy.
About the ores: I have only been mining in Minoc mine, maybe thats the issue?
Aajo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:27:43 PM

Here is my report:

razor does not work
skill selection on character creation does nothing
trade skill and animal taming gains on low levels around 30 do not work at all 10+ tries
strange server lags from 1.5 - 3 seconds not always but most of the time; its not the ping
help stuck dialog ports to trammel
moongates port to trammel and only list trammel and ilsh so there is no way back to fel
no help from support for 3 days, stayed logged in for several hours per day with opened ticket

I still hope this will be a success and I'll propably come back if so.

Hpotsirc

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:01:45 PM

razor does not work
Same for me, try AssistUO (not UO Assist!) which seems to be an upgrade of Razor and works fine for me.
skill selection on character creation does nothing
I guess its intended that you start with no skills at all.
trade skill and animal taming gains on low levels around 30 do not work at all 10+ tries
I can confirm that. I have also tamed several animals with 32.8 Animal taming - no gain.
strange server lags from 1.5 - 3 seconds not always but most of the time; its not the ping
Same here. I suppose this could be due to the number of NPCs (which seems to be constantly increasing)
moongates port to trammel and only list trammel and ilsh so there is no way back to fel
I have also ported to Trammel a few times and the Moongates work. There is a selection on the left side where you can choose Felucca, Trammel and Ilshenar. Maybe you could try some other Moongate? The ones that worked for me in Trammel are Yew, Mooonglow and New Haven.
no help from support for 3 days, stayed logged in for several hours per day with opened ticket
Stay patient. As far as i know there are currently only two people that could help you. However they are very friendly and willing to help. I think if you ask them for help here they will be able to do something for you Wink
Edit: I just figured out what might be the problem with the Moongates: You propably can't port to Fel because you are young. Just say: "I renounce my young player status" and confirm. This should fix your problem.
Aajo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:06:49 PM

Edit: I just figured out what might be the problem with the Moongates: You propably can't port to Fel because you are young. Just say: "I renounce my young player status" and confirm. This should fix your problem.

Thanks that worked, I totally forgot about that after so many years. Lets see if we can work around the bugs and help some more with testing.
Hpotsirc

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:27:59 AM

Hey guys,
I just wanted to step by and ask if there are any news on the last issues we brought up and whether there is anything you want us to test.
Cheers
Hpotsirc
chaosPT

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:37:45 AM

Is this on beta ?
Hpotsirc

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:03:55 AM

Is this on beta ?
Yes. If you want to, you can join us testing Wink
Hpotsirc

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:31:50 AM

Hey I've just been away for a few days and now the Server seems to be offline. Any news on that?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: