Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:59:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining is costly...  (Read 1885 times)
eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:11:13 PM

Yes, now it is very expensive to extract bitcoin. Due to the fact that a lot of competition among the mining people and the development of technology, it's impossible to get to ordinary users.
Almirante3

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:22:43 AM

Mining bitcoins in 2018 is not the same as mining bitcoin in 2012, the complexity has increased and the profits are not worth as much depending on the hardware you use, that is, it was once possible to mine bitcoins with an ordinary desktop computer nowadays you need your own hardware for this purpose.

The actual profit you will make depends on several factors. The first is your hash rate - in other words, the actual processing power of your machine. Computers designed for mining, or "platforms" as they are commonly known, require large amounts of electricity consumption, which will increase operating costs. The complexity of mining also increases with time.
abelmon66

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:51:58 AM

it is true that mining is in desperate need of equipment, and with. cheap costs will indeed generate cheap opinions and that is what many people especially expect miners expect.
Shiro21

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:00:35 AM

of course, it's like mining a gold that requires a lot of heavy and sophisticated equipment to be more effective. But I think it is worth the amount that can be obtained, I will do it if my financial support.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 01:04:55 AM

Bitcoin mining is costly yet one of the most lucrative avenues in crypto. To set up a Bitcoin mining office requires quite a large amount of capital to purchase the ASICs and computers. Also, electricity bills must be catered for.

Olawale16

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:09:03 AM

Before you say i want to start miming bitcoin have you figured out the cost and  how much worth of electricity it will consume. There are some things meant for the
 made people who have the power to push. Bitcoin miming for an average man is like sending him back to were he
Cryptokeke

Activity: 136
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:11:11 AM

Yes it is costly and consumes a big amount of electricity rate thats why lots of mining nowadays happens in cooled cave or mountain and also finding places that has low price of electricity rate
Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:13:49 AM

Fact is that at the current price levels, we may consider bitcoin mining expensive especially if one is just acquiring the hardware (even aside from the high electricity cost required in most countries). However, at higher price levels of 20k and above, even in spite of the level of difficulty and all that, profitability in mining will not be much of a hard task to attain.
sinthan

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:24:38 AM

Yeah i'm agree with your opinion, there are many people said that doing mining now is not legit more. Maybe you can only get small margin because of the condition of market right now. If you use antminer for mining it will be cost more, high electric consumption and noisy. You must doing maintenance and keep the temperature for this tools.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:26:52 AM

One thing to say mining bitcoin consumes a large amount of electricity and it would take lots of equipment to manned the mining. There should be a development in making the cost of bitcoin lower; given that lower mining cost could yield a higher profit. However, it matters on trading and exchanges.
Yes ofcourse the tools used for the bitcoin mining is too much costly...as for making much profit you have to invest...Not only that if the electricity cost is more in your area then you cant do mining....Or you can use solar powers for mining which will reduce electricity cost to zero and you can have your whole profit...Just meet the conditions.
Jendral Istimewa

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:28:36 AM

Right now, mining bitcoin are only for those who create large mining farms. These mining farms then lease their hashing power for more profits. ASIC machines are very pricey. And locations should be taken into account where electricity is the cheapest.
You also have to consider the market price, we know the price of bitcoin can change, this will affect the exchange rate to get money. if you sell when the price is down then the profit can get a little because it is used to pay the electricity bill. so you have to be smart in managing mining machinery.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 02:32:34 AM

Well, the mining is not a one-time activity. It is a continuous process and one should expect the profit on a larger timescale. When someone is involved in mining activity, he should aim for break-even point where he will be able to recover his expenses occurred in setting up a mining plant. Then after recovering those expenses (capital expenditure), he will see positive cash flow as he will be left only with the revenue expenses which is comparatively lower than capital expenditure. Bitcoin mining is not costly but it is a time-consuming business and not a casual part-time activity anymore.
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:36:12 AM

Of course it will be very expensive in bitcoin mining process, because of the many costs that must be spent to do the mining. And I think it's too late if today we just started mining, because maybe the results obtained are not in line with expectations, given the current movement of bitcoin prices and the amount of bitcoin. So in my opinion it is more effective to be able to earn big income if we buy or invest bitcoin, in the current situation and conditions.
thinkabout

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:51:21 AM

It must cost a lot because of the electricity that it use. That is a large amount of energy
Blumenkranz

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:05:57 AM

Yeah, that's why you'd rather invest nowadays instead since it's a bit tad late for mining.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:13:07 AM

One thing to say mining bitcoin consumes a large amount of electricity and it would take lots of equipment to manned the mining. There should be a development in making the cost of bitcoin lower; given that lower mining cost could yield a higher profit. However, it matters on trading and exchanges.
If you are a miner you should know something like this before. Mining bitcoin should have a lot of capital besides the cost of electricity should be considered, so you will know the profit in the future you can get when you start.
Bitcoin reward mining is now smaller, while maintaining cost, electricity, and others are more expensive, I think mining will no longer be profitable in the future, you can see fewer mining sites than a few years ago, because currently people are more interested investing  in altcoin, ico and trading
KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:45:02 AM

Yes, mining is very costly and hard to get. You have to get yourself a very high-speed internet connection and buy other expensive hardware and software to enable you mine bitcoin. Aside these you need to have an in-depth knowledge on how the mining is like. I think it difficult to mine than to buy.
olgafox0404

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:38:09 AM

There are two options for mining: cloud-based mining with your equipment and the second option cloudy mining! in the first version you will need about 22 000 dollars chiots immediately start to get a good profit, and in the second version you can at times less, but then the main thing is to choose a good partner so that you will not be deceived!
gooutfinish

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:40:38 AM

It must be costly because we need a large amount of energy in order to create bitcoin
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:07:27 AM

It depends on your goal, if you mine BTC and just sell it, that will be not a profitable way but if you are planning to mine and hold your BTC for a long time until it gets its highest price then it will be profitable. Also some country charge a very high for electricity bill if your country if one of that then mining will not be profitable for you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: