Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:12:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining is costly...  (Read 1880 times)
marcosfx

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:34:51 AM

Yes bitcoin mining is definitely expensive and requires a lot of maintenance. I was planning to start mining but when I researched about it I realized that it's out of my league. The mining rig is expensive and way out of my budget plus the maintenance is too much for me.

I agree with you because really we must spend more time than we can earn. Maybe if you will be working day and night you will faster earn your money.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
melfwaz

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:57:49 AM

One thing to say mining bitcoin consumes a large amount of electricity and it would take lots of equipment to manned the mining. There should be a development in making the cost of bitcoin lower; given that lower mining cost could yield a higher profit. However, it matters on trading and exchanges.

Indeed, it is costly especially when your country billed higher amount of electric cost (considering other cost factors); most probably it will not be effective mining bitcoin on such scenario. Given that the amount of bitcoin may vary its price from time to time, then the cost would sustain a fixed expenditure; then it would be a great disaster and a poor headed plan - on entering battlefield without guns. Thus, it is necessary to conduct a feasibility study to determine the impact of cost on the total operation before investing for rigs and equipment.
I think that in different places we are seeing a different result. For example in my country as I am a regular bitcoin miner. No doubt that it is giving me some profit but still the profit that I get from mining is not a good one and that is only because of the expensive cost of electricity and secondly because of the long long load shedding,
Anish02

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:06:01 AM

I think it totally depends upon countries electricity rate. If the electricity rate is cheap in the country then the mining of bitcoin will become cheaper and similarly, if the price of electricity is higher then the mining of bitcoin will become expensive.
Danielreynolds0

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:12:17 AM

unless you are doing it on a large scale, not even profitable.This is why I have chosen   ICO investment over bitcoin mining. The difficulty level is now very high, and it greatly consumes electricity.
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:13:08 AM

It's been well known for a while now that if you're not a mining farm OR in specific countries w/ low power cost (or both), mining is going to be unprofitable.

That's the nature of Bitcoin & demand.

I'm in Canada, power here is insane, so I pretty much know I'll never be able to mine for a profit (maybe for hobby w. losses)

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
TurboPower

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:18:56 AM

One thing to say mining bitcoin consumes a large amount of electricity and it would take lots of equipment to manned the mining. There should be a development in making the cost of bitcoin lower; given that lower mining cost could yield a higher profit. However, it matters on trading and exchanges.
Clearly mining is expensive however justified regardless of a shot, in the event that you ever anticipate mining a bitcoin at that point better complete a bsckground check and practicality investigation of your proposed venture

For beyond any doubt that if the power expenses and apparatuses are less expensive than other adjacent nations then it is extremely justified regardless of a shot and you may get back your capital/venture as quickly as time permits. Digging isn't for everyone except for the individuals who need to improve begin doing your own examination now
Initscri

Activity: 1554
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:20:43 AM

I think mining is no longer profitable in the future, you can see fewer mining sites than a few years ago, because nowadays people are more interested in investing in altcoin, ico, and trading.

If mining popularity goes down, difficulty goes down and mining becomes once again profitable.
That's the only benefit of loss of popularity.

Web Developer. PM for details.
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:25:06 AM

Yes, now it is not beneficial to mine bitcoin as its difficulty is growing significantly and rewards are very low now so ROI takes a long time to recover your investment.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:25:18 AM

Bitcoin mining is expensive because of the algorithm which it uses in adding newly identified blocks unto its blockchain. Bitcoin network uses the Proof-of-Work to add new blocks unto its chain and that makes it difficult and expensive.

Joyawan13

Activity: 910

elysian.finance

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:27:47 AM

It's been well known for a while now that if you're not a mining farm OR in specific countries w/ low power cost (or both), mining is going to be unprofitable.

That's the nature of Bitcoin & demand.

I'm in Canada, power here is insane, so I pretty much know I'll never be able to mine for a profit (maybe for hobby w. losses)
Honest about mining, I never even knew, especially to be able to do that must have huge capital, but for example, bitcoin mining costs are expensive and cannot make a profit, why do people do it, and is there no other way to mine bitcoin at low cost, or just people in hobbies to do it ,?

sahan sandeepa

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:33:35 AM

Yeah, Mining Bitcoin is High costly, And also we should have best performed utilities for mining Bitcoin as well.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:38:12 AM

Yeah bitcoin is very costly because of the fact it uses special gadgets such as anti-miners which consumes high amount of electricity. I think this is what makes the reward in bitcoin quite huge because it is very difficult to identify the next block unto the blockchain.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:50:09 AM

Mining could be costly when you the price of bitcoin is continue to drop and could be worst beside on electricity bill but if bitcoin is continue to pump to the moon it will be profitable and it will become you rich.
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:58:46 AM

Now mining cost is high because it is calculated in terms of USD and the value of mined BTC is less now. so when the price of BTC will increase it will be more  profitable
delightme

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:25:56 AM

Bitcoin mining is costly not cheap because Bitcoin mining has grown from a handful of early enthusiasts into a cottage industry, into a specialized industrial level venture.  Therefore mining cannot be profitable at a small scale unless you have access to free or really cheap electricity.
bubblebubble

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:30:45 AM

An assessment of last month states that mining costs of bitcoin are still lower that bank costs of manage and print coins, so I think that is a simple FUD.
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:32:05 AM

Yes and as I knew, you will need the right and expensive gadgets to mine coins and so thus the electricity rate in the country you live, mining will cost a lot of capital to be able to mine bitcoins but you need to have a big amount for a proper and productive miner.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
tutorroma

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:18:07 AM

With the increase in the cost of mining in the network, I don't think the mining of bitcoin needs to reduce costs. It may be more advantageous to change mining methods. Can we use a resource like solar energy to mining?

NinjaCryp

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:22:51 AM

That is true, bitcoin extraction consumes a lot of power from dedicated devices such as graphics cards. You need to analyze the energy consumption process and a well-planned plan to ensure efficient operation. It needs experience, time, great financial resources. Even cloud mining includes these.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:26:31 AM

indeed it is true that in mining we really need a lot of equipment and also high costs, and if in trading we buy cheap prices and then we hold back until prices rise high we can certainly make a big profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: