Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 is NOT the year of bitcoin, sorry  (Read 19575 times)
goldsun

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:44:36 PM

OP had some good thoughts on 2014 for bitcoin. Tell us about what you think of 2015? What kind of price should we expect?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:32:02 PM

OP had some good thoughts on 2014 for bitcoin. Tell us about what you think of 2015? What kind of price should we expect?

If it fails to break out within 4-5 weeks, the bear market will continue for months, maybe till next Sept-Oct. By that time it may be in double digits.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

goldsun

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:05:43 AM

If it fails to break out within 4-5 weeks, the bear market will continue for months, maybe till next Sept-Oct. By that time it may be in double digits.

What do you base that statment on? So we should sell in about a months time if nothing big happens, then wait for the price to go to double digits and buy cheap coins?
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:38:57 PM

Everyone's expectations after 2013 were just way too high. This is the year of FUD! Mark my words, we're gonna be riding a shit storm all the way through the end of 2014.

This is the year that's gonna test your will and shake off the weak hands. This year will weed off the people who jumped into bitcoin thinking they will earn a quick buck, those who thought bitcoin's price just goes up every year like it's a pattern set in stone. I'm sure a lot of them jumped off by now thanks for mt. cox (btw-- the price is $635 right now... imo a good buy even if we go down further). The ones who remain will be the ones who believe in bitcoin for the longterm.

Let's be honest here... 2013 was the year of bitcoin. 2014 not so much... I think 2015 might be the next "year of bitcoin" ...Wrinklevoss ETF and Wallstreet might trigger the next rally, and that won't happen this year.

Did you expect everyone to safely ride the train to 10k? No. Only the ones who take the risk and hold on might enjoy the ride to $10K.. and even that is not a surefire bet anymore.
You were right. Weak hands, aka "smart hands" were shaken off. Sheep bag holders remain.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

DANGIT!  I hate being sheep.   Cry

Can't help it, I bought into the hype and can't seem to quit it.  BTC Addicted...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
rogerdonkey

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:02:44 PM

agree 2014 not the years of bitcoin,maybe 2015 will be the years of bitcoin.

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:35:42 PM

We will see double digits this year, and no rally until at least the march 2016 reward halving. BTC is way overmined at the moment, and most of the core supporters (who also happened to be miners), jumped shipped last spring when ASICs came out, and Bitcoin mining became centralized. There's going to be the ongoing saga of the SR1 bust, and new saga of SR2 bust - plus the next ten iterations of whatever drug market people are using these days. TOR is already cracked, these are easy arrests for them to make.

To be honest, the only aspect of Bitcoin I see actually succeeding is the blockchain.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:40:37 PM

We will see double digits this year, and no rally until at least the march 2016 reward halving. BTC is way overmined at the moment, and most of the core supporters (who also happened to be miners), jumped shipped last spring when ASICs came out, and Bitcoin mining became centralized. There's going to be the ongoing saga of the SR1 bust, and new saga of SR2 bust - plus the next ten iterations of whatever drug market people are using these days. TOR is already cracked, these are easy arrests for them to make.

To be honest, the only aspect of Bitcoin I see actually succeeding is the blockchain.

we will not see double digits this year and not in the following and maybe never again

And 2016's halving might not be good, like the Doge's halvings did not good for the doge coin
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:14:08 PM

Wow, 2014 sure was the year of Bitcoin!

At the beginning of the year I never met people who knew what a bitcoin was. It was hard to find a place to spend them or even get them. Now it's easy to link your bank account, I can buy just about anything and even chose between several competitors. And when I say bitcoin many people have heard of them.

Sure was a big year!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:16:26 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 08:29:50 PM by bitebits

Confirmed, 2014 is definitely the year of the FUD (oh, and the start of building the actual infrastructure around and on top of Bitcoin. This really has been the year of Bitcoin, if you for one second stop staring at the short term price chart).

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 08:22:04 PM

2014 is like 2012. 2015 could be the new 2013.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:43:13 PM

Confirmed, 2014 is definitely the year of the FUD (oh, and the start of building the actual infrastructure around and on top of Bitcoin. This really has been the year of Bitcoin, if you for one second stop staring at the short term price chart).

>year of bitcoin
>price falls by 65%

What would a bad year feel like Huh
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:58:21 PM

I will take that bet and put up 2 bitcoins to your 1  that we don't see double digits before the end of 2014. Lets setup the escrow and get this going, smart guy! As a side-bet, lets have the loser get a permaban from bitcointalk.

<inbeforecrickets>
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:24:24 PM

I will take that bet and put up 2 bitcoins to your 1  that we don't see double digits before the end of 2014. Lets setup the escrow and get this going, smart guy! As a side-bet, lets have the loser get a permaban from bitcointalk.

<inbeforecrickets>

Did he challenge you to a bet?
You realize that only an idiot would take your 2:1 bet.  If Bitcoin goes to double digits, your two BTC will be worth < $200.  His one BTC is worth $376 now.
He would lose a minimum of $76 by winning your bet, $376 by losing it.

TL;DR:  You can't math, and sound like you need a hug.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 09:57:09 PM

DANGIT!  I hate being sheep.   Cry

Can't help it, I bought into the hype and can't seem to quit it.  BTC Addicted...

What is funny is some people actually see a future for 2015! LOL!! The blockchain technology will be stolen & on goes the technological revolution.
You guys are trying to prove the iPhone6 will still be around in 5 years and it's not true no matter how you put it
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:56:18 PM

DANGIT!  I hate being sheep.   Cry

Can't help it, I bought into the hype and can't seem to quit it.  BTC Addicted...

What is funny is some people actually see a future for 2015! LOL!! The blockchain technology will be stolen & on goes the technological revolution.
You guys are trying to prove the iPhone6 will still be around in 5 years and it's not true no matter how you put it

Yes let's all give up on all new technology it will all be superseded!!!  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:07:16 PM

What do you base that statment on? So we should sell in about a months time if nothing big happens, then wait for the price to go to double digits and buy cheap coins?

Roughly speaking. It looked as if we were in a medium term bear market. The bounce off 275 and 320 indicated we may have a reversal. If it does not continue it it means there is no reversal and we are in a long term bear market.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 11:21:26 PM

DANGIT!  I hate being sheep.   Cry

Can't help it, I bought into the hype and can't seem to quit it.  BTC Addicted...

Yes let's all give up on all new technology it will all be superseded!!!  Roll Eyes

See you pushed it to giving up... nobody said give up on it... point is don't invest in it ESPECIALLY extra long term like all you permabull fools say. It's sad!
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:25:03 PM

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:09:54 AM

I will take that bet and put up 2 bitcoins to your 1  that we don't see double digits before the end of 2014. Lets setup the escrow and get this going, smart guy! As a side-bet, lets have the loser get a permaban from bitcointalk.

<inbeforecrickets>

Did he challenge you to a bet?
You realize that only an idiot would take your 2:1 bet.  If Bitcoin goes to double digits, your two BTC will be worth < $200.  His one BTC is worth $376 now.
He would lose a minimum of $76 by winning your bet, $376 by losing it.

TL;DR:  You can't math, and sound like you need a hug.

I take the bet for 10:1 payout. Plus the right of saying that the loser made the worst prevision ever and should put his head in the toiled and flush for at least 1 hour.

Don't care if he challenged me, because now I challenge him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: