Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:27:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For Bounty Hunters (Do You Have Time to Read the ICO Whitepaper?  (Read 1516 times)
PurpleNights

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:26:13 PM

Whitepapers are usually long and super boring, and really might be tiring to read. I think and I believe that a lot of people do not actually read these things, not even investors. Maybe a few lines, but they are done once they get an insight on what it is about. Besides, whitepapers may just be as deceiving as it may these days, cos most of the scams projects have even more convincing whitepapers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:31:59 PM

Whitepapers are usually long and super boring, and really might be tiring to read. I think and I believe that a lot of people do not actually read these things, not even investors. Maybe a few lines, but they are done once they get an insight on what it is about. Besides, whitepapers may just be as deceiving as it may these days, cos most of the scams projects have even more convincing whitepapers.
Yup, long and super boring are the right description for that whitepaper. Honestly i am just relying more on the campaign managers to know whether it is a scam or not and they should know first because they are already veterans here in crypto. Whitepapers maybe deceiving to some as scammers will try to copy paste everything from a good project and make it their own.
Katya91a

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:27:56 AM

With the participation in the bounty company I read white paper, though not completely, and selectively. And already I estimate usefulness of this product and whether it is worth participating in this bounty..
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:29:58 AM

snap~
Do you really read the Whitepaper or just relying on referral of other bounty hunters?[/b]
to be honest, I don't read whitepaper because the content is too technical but I always read onepager if it's available on the project.
johanliebert

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:51:25 AM

I usually check through a whitepaper of a bounty campaign before starting to participate. But it is hard to know if the campaign is scam or not by reading through its whitepaper.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:17:41 PM

I usually read brief concept of campaign i do, i have a lot of work to do, i don't have time to go through whitepaper before i start participating in bounty.
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:45:02 PM

Well as a bounty hunter I read the ones I can read and leave the then why writing the blog as I read then I write that is my own pattern of reading ICO whitepaper I don't read all at a time it bit by bit.
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:54:38 PM

I read white paper if the project is interested or to understand how serious it is. It is clear that when I'm looking for a project to participate I do not reread everything. And already when the project has liked, one-two, partially I read.
Also when I'm already in the project to write posts in social networks - I use information from white paper.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:18:38 PM

I always read the white paper of a campaign I wanna join. It is important for us to read it. To avoid getting scam and to know if your doing something rather than nothing. I also check the road map and the team of the project. But the white paper is the most important whatever its meaning in Wikipedia. The content of it is the most important.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:58:45 PM

For it is important for all Bounty participants to go through the Whitepaper of interested projects they are embarking on. It us the guidelines and also shows the direction the project is going to. Aside whitepaper I also find interest in reading the light paper is there is any available to have more knowledge about the project.
Jekbolt

Activity: 266
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:04:50 PM

First of all let me ask if What is a Whitepaper? The answer according to Howtotoken.com:

By the power of example, you know what it is. A written document to better understand the technical project behind an ICO. But the whitepaper isn’t restricted to ICOs or crypto-space. A whitepaper is a document long used in business.

According to Wikipedia:

“A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.”

Which describes its use the best. It “helps readers understand”, is an informational document meant to deliver you the best information without the PR and marketing filter of the promotional content we get to find on websites, flyers, or advertisement

Lets go back to the question, Do you still have time to read the whitepaper before entering into a bounty campaign of certain ICO? I am very curious why a lot of bounty hunters regrets that they did their best to promote a project thru social media campaign and end up being scam.

Is reading the Whitepaper helps a bounty hunter avoid being scam by scam projects?
Do you really read the Whitepaper or just relying on referral of other bounty hunters?

WP is a useless piece of 'paper' until a project releases its workable prototype. If there is no minimum value product then there is no belief to the ICO. IF there is no belief then you should not waste your time to read its wp.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1203

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 10:06:22 PM

Yes, I read those whitepapers to give me a good idea if their project deserves a support from investors and community and to check if their platform is something the industry needs some of the information on the white paper is not on the website so it's very important to read the whitepaper.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██
███████████████████████
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄█████
██████████████▄██████████
████████████████▄████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:07:59 PM

First of all let me ask if What is a Whitepaper? The answer according to Howtotoken.com:

By the power of example, you know what it is. A written document to better understand the technical project behind an ICO. But the whitepaper isn’t restricted to ICOs or crypto-space. A whitepaper is a document long used in business.

According to Wikipedia:

“A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body’s philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.”

Which describes its use the best. It “helps readers understand”, is an informational document meant to deliver you the best information without the PR and marketing filter of the promotional content we get to find on websites, flyers, or advertisement

Lets go back to the question, Do you still have time to read the whitepaper before entering into a bounty campaign of certain ICO? I am very curious why a lot of bounty hunters regrets that they did their best to promote a project thru social media campaign and end up being scam.

Is reading the Whitepaper helps a bounty hunter avoid being scam by scam projects?
Do you really read the Whitepaper or just relying on referral of other bounty hunters?

Not all the time mate, Im just basing my criteria in selecting a bounty campaign to participate by seeing who is the bounty manager of that certain campaign. I will only read the whitepaper if Im willing to invest in it rather than that, Im not reading, Im lazy to do that.
insidertradingeverywhere

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 10:10:17 PM

I don't lead a lot of bounties,so I have enough time to read WP and I always do it. It os just hobby for me,because it is amazing to find similarities in fake WPs

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 05:22:27 AM

According to Wikipedia:

A great whitepaper doesn't guarantee the project won't be scam or a failure. Whitepaper is an initial representation of the project and its vision and what the developer are trying to accomplish. I've followed and read whitepapers from several good projects and theirs vision to disrupt a certain industry and some of them failed to deliver. None of bounty hunters would notice if the project is scam or legit. Because the scammers are also becoming smart and also evolved and came up with different tactics. If one red flag for a certain project was spoted then it's time to drop the bounty program and spread it to every bounty hunters and to avoid of being scam.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:26:18 AM

okay i dont comment the ones that read whitepapers. it is better to read it. but i dont think it is so much meaningful to read full of the whitepapers. i just check them if they are prepared professionally or not. i dont want to waste my time reading each sentence.. there are other factors that i should check more carefully.
ankusharora1980

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 05:27:14 AM

WHITE PAPER IS LIKE RULE BOOK FOR ANY PROJECT WITHOUT READING IT CAREFULLY NOT POSSIBLE TO DO THE PROJECT WITH ERROR. SO I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT RATHER THEN SUFFER FROM STAKES ISSUE ITS BETTER TO SPEND SOME TIME ON READING WHITEPAPER.
Serenus

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 05:53:32 AM

When I participated in 30 or 40 companies, I was not worried about such small things. Although of course this is very desirable, you need to analyze projects well.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒    SkyWay    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
$1BN USD INVESTMENT ROUND OPENS 10th JULY, 2017      |      NEW GENERATION OF WORLD TRANSPORT SYSTEM
>                                  WHITEPAPER | BUSINESS PLAN | BITCOINTALK | SLACK | TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK                                  <
Adalwolf

Activity: 239
Merit: 4

AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:04:43 AM

now it has been very rare. I usually just rely on from is reached or whether softcap. because if we want to read the whitepaper also does not have enough free time.

Autobay.io   │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform Buy Sell Cars
JOIN TOKEN SALE    ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 06:22:19 AM

I think at the very least read the whitepaper is required. though not fully able to make this encyclopedia of scam at least this will minimize the risk to get caught up in the scam. but sometimes a great many who ignored this and sure enough many are caught up in the scam. Despite the small things like whitepaper but at least made a good reference even in this whitepaper will be seen a clear goal of the ICO are indeed worthy of being followed or just a scam anyway.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: