Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:25:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market tactics  (Read 1882 times)
eliek18 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:25 AM

Hi all,

The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.

Thanks
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Barrueco

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:05:05 AM

The market is trying a reversal. And the last drop from 6.8k to 6.4k is a profit realization. There is also a small rising wedge which is a bearish pattern and can lead the BTC to the 6150-6250 level.
But The bulls are trying to take control of BTC and I think we are going to see some green days at the near future.
By the way, stop-loss is a useful tactic during the downtrend.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 10:06:40 AM

Hi all,

The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL? Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.

Thanks

There are no perfect ways in the crypto world.
The only derivatives you have is to hodl if you cannot handle the risk

But on normal sense, you need to make research and determine what trading strategy you want to employ, after which you master and perfect your strategy, identify the flaws and all is resolved .
In other words, don't just make losses. THINK BIG
Convert your bitcoin or etherum or bitcoin cash to USDT.
BTCHadzija

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:09:57 AM

noup...holding in an obvious bear market is just plain wrong

switch your coins into stable coins (Tether, TUSD) and buy back your coins on massive discounts

or start shorting on bitmex
indog

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:12:29 AM

You can enjoy the results of last week's market enlightenment. The market situation is now being corrected, all will be back to normal and wait time. A good the market tactics now is to survive and wait to attack

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:17:52 AM

Hi all,

Thanks

It is up to you if you want to stop your losses to protect your capital, in this kind of situation the market are decreased again well I considered it as an opportunity to get crypto in a cheap price.
melander81

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:22:55 AM

I am still new to the space and still learning the ropes so to speak.
From what I can understand, the market has dipped due to the lost of confidence of those who have FOMO'd into the space.
However, there are signs that more new money are joining in as you can notice on the slight movement upwards of the major currencies.
One thing to note though that these are mostly institutional investors.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:53:09 AM

Hi all,

Thanks
Hello,  in my case I have sell short to increase my holding. You can do it too but there is risk. If you are risk taker then sell short and if not then just hold.
Anniee123

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:59:03 AM

I think this is normal, if you can bear the loss, then I suggest you continue to hold.
Holding is a good strategy. Grin

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

Hold is good choice. You can also trade in this storm to increase your coin amounts. For me now, the amount of coins i have is more important than its price.I want to gain as much coins as possible now and wait for better price.
hewbrowden

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:35:29 AM

Hi all,

Thanks
Unfortunately, the best way to save your money is to Hold. The fall of the market is happening every year, so I think in the last quarter of this year there will be a stabilization.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:38:58 AM

If you want to set stop loss and want to play safe in this dump mode of the market, you can convert your btc in tusd for stable amount. It is less likely tobe affected by the market's price fall.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:39:16 AM

when there is a big altcoin dump going on like these days the only thing you should do is to dump yourself while you have got the time and get out. standing around while others are dumping (aka holding shitcoins) will only result in a lot of losses.

for example if you look at your bags (or what you call portfolio) you can clearly see that you have lost at least 75% and at most 95% of your investment during these dumps.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 09:45:04 AM

The markets are falling significantly again, is this still relatively normal and is the best advice just to HODL?
that is the worst advice!
it is like a falling knife (which actually people compare altcoins to often) and you are telling people to open their hands and catch that falling knife.
the best advice is to sell when you see dumps like this. of course unless you WANT to lose money. Grin

Moving forward I think I will set stop losses on all holdings to protect my capital against falls like this.
you must always set stop losses even when you are seeing a pump going on. because at any moment they can reverse it and dump on you instead so you have to be prepared. although you should be careful how you set the stop loss. too big and you will lose a lot, too small and you will end up selling every time there is a tiny change.

--looking for signature--
anhkhoavba79@gmail.com

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:48:44 AM

I think the market is recovering. Continue to hold the coins for more profit.
Luntik45

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:55:26 AM

In the current environment, I prefer to hold, I think this is one of the best tactics at the moment
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 10:05:02 AM

when there is a big altcoin dump going on like these days the only thing you should do is to dump yourself while you have got the time and get out. standing around while others are dumping (aka holding shitcoins) will only result in a lot of losses.

for example if you look at your bags (or what you call portfolio) you can clearly see that you have lost at least 75% and at most 95% of your investment during these dumps.

That would be the best thing to do if the traders hasn't dumped it all. Right now its almost too late. Some altcoins are already moving sideways, you don't have to do anything during uncertain behavior of the market unless you're willing to risk again. Remember that you have bought your tokens to profit and if you are now loding you might just hold it bit more until such time you are wining.

lukeclick

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:06:41 AM

There is really nothing much we can do about the market situation, it will take the behavior up and down but finally it will settle at a certain value, But one thing that we can do for sure however is  not to sell our coins ff cheaply, this will not only help in stabilizing the market , but also level up the value ofthe coins, sell off and you will not only make ;losses but also worsen the situation i the market
Samiliti

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:10:08 AM

I don't know what's better . Previously, hold made a good profit, now it does not bring more profit than day trading
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:19:11 AM

this market is an always moving thing like other markets and here the movements are more swift and bigger. so you also have to match the market changes or be left behind.

in other words you should also always have a dynamic strategy that is flexible so that it can change with the market changes. for instance you should be able to go in and out of coins at a moments notice and never linger in any of them for long if you truly want to be successful in this market.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: