Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally is starting  (Read 13400 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:57:56 AM

The 'rally' let me sell off some bitcoins at a nice profit when some silly sausage decided to spike the price to $5.35.  Well done, sir  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 03:50:12 AM

I think it was quite a few sausages, haha. Now lets continue this slowish climb, or have another rally.
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 03:55:51 AM

This rally better get somewhere... we can't possibly be headed down again Sad

(BFL)^2 < 0
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 04:00:43 AM

I think it will keep going up, but it shot up so fast I think a lot of people just on board the sell bandwagon. Rather then panic buying, people started selling to take advantage of the sudden spike. Hopefully it shall continue its climb, and/or have a less sudden spike like rally.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 05:50:08 AM

I think it will keep going up, but it shot up so fast I think a lot of people just on board the sell bandwagon. Rather then panic buying, people started selling to take advantage of the sudden spike. Hopefully it shall continue its climb, and/or have a less sudden spike like rally.

And this is why it's going to take a loooooooooooooong time for the price to recover to the previous high, if it ever does.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
grod

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 05:51:34 AM

My asks were too high, none of them got taken.   Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs like me get stuck with bitcoins instead of money.

Cluster2k
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 06:03:28 AM

I attack any spike with sells simply because the spikes do not last.  I'm sure others do the same.  If you know the price isn't going to hold but you can make a tidy profit, you take what you can.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:51:19 AM

I attack any spike with sells simply because the spikes do not last.  I'm sure others do the same.  If you know the price isn't going to hold but you can make a tidy profit, you take what you can.

It is normal in a bottom forming process to give many false signals and kick out the weak hands, like you

d.james

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:13:14 AM

what rally? Huh

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:17:26 AM

It is normal in a bottom forming process to give many false signals and kick out the weak hands, like you
What is a "bottom forming process"?
Cluster2k
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:19:56 AM

Someone (or some persons) have repeatedly tried to start a rally by initiating a buying frenzy.  No news about new innovative bitcoin products that people want to use, no major retailers taking up bitcoins, nothing to support the rally.  The smart money sees through the hype and knows when to take advantage of the situation.  If I'm wrong then all the low Asks will be pulled much higher and stay there the next time someone decides to get frisky with their trading.  
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:20:35 AM

Squats

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Cluster2k
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:21:07 AM

It's someone sitting at McDonald's sucking down Quarter Pounders like they're going out of style.  Their bottom is forming quite nicely  Cheesy
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:26:37 AM

I attack any spike with sells simply because the spikes do not last.  I'm sure others do the same.  If you know the price isn't going to hold but you can make a tidy profit, you take what you can.

Look for example on the USD index botton forming recently. It was a long process of ups and downs until finally it shot up.

Cluster2k
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 09:39:09 AM

I attack any spike with sells simply because the spikes do not last.  I'm sure others do the same.  If you know the price isn't going to hold but you can make a tidy profit, you take what you can.

Look for example on the USD index botton forming recently. It was a long process of ups and downs until finally it shot up.

The thing about looking at graphs and trying to predict the future is you can only do it after its happened, by which time it's too late to trade.  Using the example graph, the US dollar is like the least ugly girl still available at the school formal.  She's the best choice of a bad bunch.  The other currency rocketing up in value right now is the Japanese Yen, a currency issued by the most indebted first world government in the world (GDP ratio wise) with a rapidly aging population and one which would be instantly bankrupt if they didn't rely on their own citizens to buy out the debt and pay very low interest rates.

Bitcoin could well be forming a 'bottom'.  People have said 'it can't go much lower!' for the past few months but I agree that much below $5 would be getting a bit silly.  The question is, is there anything to push us up to $10, $20 and beyond?  There are moves to make payment for goods via bitcoin enabled mobile phones available, but the idea is one converts the bitcoins to dollars as soon as possible.  Merchants aren't currency traders and generally don't want to take on the risk.  I have yet to see an honest idea that truly signals bitcoins are poised to head much higher.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:49:28 AM

No news about new innovative bitcoin products that people want to use, no major retailers taking up bitcoins, nothing to support the rally.

Why would only an obvious connection be able to cause a rally? Bitcoin capitalization at present is around 35 Million - that's just 0+Epsilon
  • Rumors that Greece is returning to Drachme can do it any day now (I am really wondering how the Greek can be so thick as to leave their Euros in a bank account within grasp of the Greek government)
  • Bitcoin adoption in Cambodia can do it (remember, Cambodia does not have a national currency that is worth the name, but Java capable cell phones are ubiquitous in Cambodia)
  • Any billionaire deciding to add a tiny number of Bitcoins to his portfolio as a hedge can cause it
  • Even normal growth of the bitcoin economy could cause a rally at some point

I agree that BTC going down much further would be ridiculous, but there are thousands of non-obvious reasons it can be at EUR 100 by the end of the year. Or still at 3.70.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 12:58:22 PM

I tend to find that S3052 does an amazing job of predicting. People make jokes about tea leaves, but for the last couple months nearly every major movement has been stated ahead of time. At first I didn't know what to make of it, but I researched TA, and started paying close attention. I signed up for the subscription and found it has been worth it.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 04:19:58 PM

I tend to find that S3052 does an amazing job of predicting. People make jokes about tea leaves, but for the last couple months nearly every major movement has been stated ahead of time. At first I didn't know what to make of it, but I researched TA, and started paying close attention. I signed up for the subscription and found it has been worth it.

Chart analysis works for me as well. Of course, you have to know what you are doing..
osmosis

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:50:56 PM

I still remember back at 15, "Future looks bright for bitcoin!"  ooops.
osmosis

Activity: 300

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:54:08 PM

Someone (or some persons) have repeatedly tried to start a rally by initiating a buying frenzy.  No news about new innovative bitcoin products that people want to use, no major retailers taking up bitcoins, nothing to support the rally.  The smart money sees through the hype and knows when to take advantage of the situation.  If I'm wrong then all the low Asks will be pulled much higher and stay there the next time someone decides to get frisky with their trading.  

The biggest thing in my opinion that is going to make the price go up quickly is that as soon is we get some "market confirmation" all the sharks who sold out for a drop in price back at 15 will be buying back at 6 - 7.  Seems to me a large part of the market is just people sitting out, getting ready to jump back in. I think that will take us past 20. Just my guessing though.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: