Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:42:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay safe  (Read 2527 times)
mcmchdlg03

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:57:27 AM

I have just read a good article on security and I feel like it's worth sharing as the hacks keep happening over and over again. Read the basic principles and stay safe guys!

https://www.ccn.com/the-common-tactics-used-to-hack-a-cryptocurrency-exchange/

I feel that we have to remain safe by utilizing the hard wallet and different methods for security of the coins, I believe that it is a smart thought to utilize distinctive wellbeing frameworks for the insurance of your cash. I imagine that it is dependent upon you to stay safe.This is to remind everyons that even how little the cash they have despite everything they should be anchored with the end goal for them to avoid programmers or hoodlums that may conceivably prompts account bancruptcy. Individuals must know and take great care.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:59:51 AM

there is no safe word in the system, as strong as the system created must have weaknesses, developers who make the security system may be smart but you can not think too that hackers are stupid. if you are afraid of losses in your investment, the safest way is to stop investing and start your business in the real world
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

Being too paranoid about such things can also be a factor to push yourself or trigger you to have too many transactions and may be a reason to lose some of your coins.
Transactions is also a scary thing to do nowadays. Addresses can be anonymous but it is quite true that it is sometimes hard to confirm if addresses are right every time you transfer. It is quite a burden too.
As an advise to this, Find the safest wallet you can get and avoid transferring too much and do not let let anyone know your most private wallet.
tsmc103

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:36:00 AM

We need to safe if we hold our money on exchanges and other wallets then we need to use two factor authentication,keep strong password also never use same password on different different sites. when we do transaction then this should be OTP based transaction we get OTP on mobile and enter with transaction then we can do also use best internet security antivirus for protection.
kauban2018

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:41:21 AM

Being safe to an environment that full of different people always depend on oneselves. It always depend on each one of us on how we put security on our account, how vigilant we are in doing or conducting some transactions because safetiness always start on us. We need to become more active and wise in order for us prevent some bad happening or hackings from others.
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:28:57 PM

yes safety is important not only to our account also to our self. In our account they need a hard and strong password that you surely not guess anyone, to our self they need to protect our information don't trust anyone who don't really know like a strangers people.
idelawire

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:47:38 PM

In crypto network we need to aware about security, we need to use always Two factor authentication for security when we login in our account on particular website,always make bookmark our important websites because with this step u can secure Ur self to login clone website and use hardware and ledger wallet to store crypto coins.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:56:59 PM

I have just read a good article on security and I feel like it's worth sharing as the hacks keep happening over and over again. Read the basic principles and stay safe guys!

So the whole article point out towards one thing and that is "Phishing"! I guess this technique is oldest one and is going to stay for very mcc long. Easiest way to collect the private keys and passwords from the users.

I agree with this one because recently lot of MEW private keys and even keystone files were phished by this method. This was done with the help of E-mail which was from the MEW (unofficial) and then the link used to take us towards the Phished site. The page used to be look alike. We must take care of internet world, and I always safeguard myself by looking at the website address given. Must have that little S in it.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
HuyNgu99

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:09:03 AM

Things are always risky, if you know how to work properly we can still prevent them. I personally keep about 70% of my money on this market in Ledger S Nano. The rest of my stock on the exchange, for the computer always installed security at the highest level, confirmed by 2FA, by mail is always ready, ... that is some way I do.
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:13:04 AM

is very true indeed because I think we really need to install security to be more secure than the hackers are very dangerous and annoying.
Almirante3

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:03:04 AM

Use 02 Factor Authentication
Most Bitcoin online wallets offer the option of a 02-factor authentication process. This means that whenever you log in you are required to authenticate with an additional step other than your password. Most of the time this will be a confirmation text message sent to your phone. Even if you sometimes find this a bummer, this procedure reduces the risk of theft dramatically.
MaoNgu99

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:21:54 AM

You should consider computer security as well as other databases, I myself store my coin in the cold wallet, absolutely no internet so can not penetrate, the floor account should set different passwords.
prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:39:37 AM

Ledger Nano S is a great product and has a very high level of security. I advise everyone to use it. because today hackers are smarter in stealing assets in the digital world. This is what makes me think to buy security to protect my assets. So I can sleep soundly.
seopro1001

Activity: 104

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:39:36 AM

It is the best way to avoid worried is that you don't have any bitcoin, you will avoid hacker Grin I'm jyst kidding. And thank you for your sharing information. I have just read that article, that is good guide for newbie, amateur trader, investor.
hoangtujuda

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:41:20 AM

Thanks for your warning, I have some more tips, you should set different passwords for all types of accounts in the trading floor, I prefer to use blockchain wallet to store btc because it is complete. If you have more conditions, please buy a cold wallet to store more coin.
apyong

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:13:00 AM

my advice is that one should avoid and be aware of the phishing site or suspicious sites that looks like the sites you would like to visit. Also avoid storing your private keys in the internet, because some hackers might see it. and never ever give your private keys to anyone.
Saint1990

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:08:34 AM

Nice article shared by OP. Be vigilant now a days scammers are sending phishing links on telegram accounts too. Stay safe and happy trading.

Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:34:23 AM

We are in a risky world, scammers are everywhere, we have to be safe always, anyway thank you OP for sharing this information, what a nice article, it very helpful to all of us.
Jetakenare

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 06:55:46 AM

All technology is prone to being manipulated for nefarious purposes. And the truth is that there are no guarantees in life. I believe the best course is use the 2fa authentication and an offline wallet where possible. There will always be hackers and thieves and what will be, will be!
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:08:40 AM

Yep. In general, 2FA can protect accounts from hacker attacks. Besides using 2FA, there are actually many ways to protect our accounts from hacker attacks. Like adding your phone number and (if any): Funds Password, Anti-Phishing Code, Security Question (AFAIK. This feature presented by KuCoin).
I am very sure that will make more difficult for hackers to hack our accounts.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: