Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay safe  (Read 2527 times)
PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:27:15 AM

Hacking incidents in big cryptomarkets is really alarming as i believe these entities are already employing good security measures to keep these cyber criminals away. They become easily the target as hackers know there's a big deposit of assets there. It's better to always keep yourself vigilant at all times than sorry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:14:48 PM

I have just read a good article on security and I feel like it's worth sharing as the hacks keep happening over and over again. Read the basic principles and stay safe guys!

https://www.ccn.com/the-common-tactics-used-to-hack-a-cryptocurrency-exchange/

A nice article to share, this will be useful for the newcomer of cryptocurrency.
I remember back then, many peoples was phished into the fake myetherwallet website and submitted their private key.
This must avoid by learning how to protect our wallet.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:10:48 PM

Is carrying gold and other valueble things around good?  I don't think for security level its a good idea, because when noticed by any one u become a victim of theft or any other abuse. I guess its the same thing with money, t digital form of money its still money cause it solves almost all our moneytry issues. So u must keep it safe from hackers and other cyber thieves. That's why we have the 2fa authenticator or a backup wallet. Or even write on a paper..
Lumberjackpj

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:28:28 PM

I have just read a good article on security and I feel like it's worth sharing as the hacks keep happening over and over again. Read the basic principles and stay safe guys!

However obvious those things mentioned in the article might sound, I keep meeting people who log into phishing sites and do a lot of other stupid things, which makes them an easy prey for hackers so I do know this article will be useful for quite a while.
Thanks for sharing!
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:51:39 PM

Thanks for the message, the article from the link provided was really beneficial, the world of crypto has experienced a lot  of bad vibes due to such dishonest activities of people hacking either exchanges or  individual  accounts. It is our responsibility to keep our accounts or wallets safe from attacks of hackers.
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:25:00 PM

I'm good,  my crew is covered,  crypto can't harm us,  hackers?  Hell no, the security is on high level we are safe

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:22:48 PM

I see some people stressing how unsafe they still feel with the article you shared, but for me, i appreciate your move.

At times, it is those basic sense of security that fails us. There's a common notion that the more advanced tools you use, such as a hardware wallet, equates to more invulnerability (which makes sense too). But forgetting the basics such as protecting our crypto asset related email address or being phished by a malicious website can actually wreck havoc in many ways.

Being reminded of the basic security steps is really what we need at times. Thanks.
Ratmanrr

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:11:14 AM

I do agree. We must keep in mind the best practices for staying safe, which is especially important if we want to make sure people who trust you are safe, because if you have any security issues you jeopardize everybody else around you because if you get hacked, your friends are very likely to get hacked, too.
Thanks for caring and sharing!
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:36:20 AM

At times, it is those basic sense of security that fails us. There's a common notion that the more advanced tools you use, such as a hardware wallet, equates to more invulnerability (which makes sense too). But forgetting the basics such as protecting our crypto asset related email address or being phished by a malicious website can actually wreck havoc in many ways.

Being reminded of the basic security steps is really what we need at times. Thanks.

There are times when we forget the most basic of all securities that's why there is a tendency of getting hacked. Even just a simple e-mail and password that has been use in several sites can wreck havoc because people are just lazy to change anything that's why they always use the same one which makes them more vulnerable to hackers. An article like this is a good reminder especially to us who are making our transactions online.

Thanks for the message, the article from the link provided was really beneficial, the world of crypto has experienced a lot  of bad vibes due to such dishonest activities of people hacking either exchanges or  individual  accounts. It is our responsibility to keep our accounts or wallets safe from attacks of hackers.

We should always take caution when doing the transactions because we don't know personally who is on the other end of the line that's why even if we are transacting with the same person for a while, we should always be cautious if he acts in any way not with the norms because he may not be the one at the other end and only a hacker.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 12:39:04 AM

Yeah we should not be confident enough that we will not be hack because hackers are working very hard everyday and we do not know if one day your digital wallet will be hacked. Yeah good thing is that some exchanges are offering two way factor one could not get or transfer coins without the confirmation code being send to smartphones where it is being linked.
mangsitin

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:46:25 AM

If you choose a good wallet, you are not threatened by hackers. And the technology itself is very safe. Therefore, it all depends on you.
Yes, that's true, if we choose a good Wallet, of course security will be guaranteed. I think if investing in the crypto world is very safe as long as we know and do security in our account. because hackers are looking for loopholes against low security.
organicrice

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:51:57 AM

What every you are doing just always keep safe. . Because your life was too important. Just always secure your security .
Bivonisenki

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:53:53 AM

I think two factor authenticator good safety for our wallet, investment,holders also need to hard strong security with our wallet. We are know hackers is a very dangerous because hackers always get it target do it hack our wallet,in my opinion their have lot of experience about hack.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:16:48 AM

while the hacking incidents continue, there will be more and more attempts to be made that would result to successful one. It will also inspire others to try and do the same or inspire more of those who already successfully hacked a system. With that, i am really afraid to store my cryptos in a cryopexchange now.

mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:18:01 PM

As BTC and cryptocurrency is becoming popular in the world because of its outstanding value and power of profiting so many people wants to get some of it as a asset. Because of this popularity some of the people are taking advantage on this and making scams for them to give them money to invest to. We must safe guys. Do not invest that fast on people offering to profit that fast. You must work hard to pay though.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:16:02 PM

Bitcoin promises to give the safest and the most confidential transactions to its customers and it not only promises but provides safest transactions to its users and I guess this is the most important reason that why millions of people around the world invest into bitcoin without any tension because they know that they are investing their money at right place as bitcoin transactions does not involve any third party seizure and provides user anonymity and above all in order to be more safe my advice will be that never share your passwords and keys of your wallet to anyone.
Winifred2609

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:58:48 AM

We will get more profit. And technology itself is very safe. Hacking breakdowns in large cryptomarkets is really alarming as I believe these entities have used good security measures to keep criminals away. Better to always be alert to yourself all the time than to apologize.
Azamikio
Copper Member

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:04:39 AM

thank you for your sharing. it's very useful man
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:14:56 AM

As BTC and cryptocurrency is becoming popular in the world because of its outstanding value and power of profiting so many people wants to get some of it as a asset. Because of this popularity some of the people are taking advantage on this and making scams for them to give them money to invest to. We must safe guys. Do not invest that fast on people offering to profit that fast. You must work hard to pay though.
Because there is a big asset in crypto currency then it has no excuse by the online theft, they will attack and and attempt to infiltrate our system to steal some secret keys on our account. To minimize or avoid such situation then we must take extra care on performing online activity.

GwatanGwatan
Copper Member

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:49:29 AM

thanks you for your share . this links very helpful with me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: