Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:51:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SELLERS: Let's Raise Our Prices to $2/BTC!  (Read 6852 times)
patrickx (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 05:25:47 AM

WE THE PEOPLE of the Bitcoin community, who mine and sell Bitcoins, are the ones who can truly steer the market and contribute to the success of Bitcoin, the People's Money.

We are the ones with capital invested in mining farms, and ample supply of Bitcoins to sell. We do not need to sell out today or tomorrow to survive. We know that Bitcoin will be very successful and that its inherent value is much higher than today's prices of $0.8/BTC.

Take the rein of this bull market, accelerate the success of Bitcoin by raising your ask prices to the symbolic 2.00 USD per BTC on the various exchange sites: MtGox, Bitcoin Central, BTCex, Bitcoin Market, etc. Buyers have no choice but to accept this price. On one hand this may antagonize them to some level, but on the other hand it is only a small price they are paying to contribute to the success of Bitcoin.

Share this message with others. Join me and change your sell orders to a minimum of $2/BTC today!
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 05:35:10 AM
Merited by nutildah (5)

Once people do this, I will sell at 1.99.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 05:41:32 AM

I take it you are the one that has been in a buying spree and moved the market down quite a bit then Smiley

Still, I moved all my sell orders to 2.0 today, just for the heck of it...
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2011, 06:05:17 AM

WE THE PEOPLE of the diamond producing community, who mine and sell diamonds, are the ones who can truly steer the market and contribute to the success of diamonds, the People's Jewel.

We are the ones with capital invested in diamond mining, and ample supply of diamonds to sell. We do not need to sell out today or tomorrow to survive. We know that diamonds will be very successful and that its inherent value is much higher than today's prices of $3000/carat.

Take the rein of this bull market, accelerate the success of oil by raising your ask prices to the symbolic $20000 per carat on the various exchange sites. Buyers have no choice but to accept this price. On one hand this may antagonize them to some level, but on the other hand it is only a small price they are paying to contribute to the success of diamonds.

Share this message with others. Join me and change your sell orders to a minimum of $20000/carat today!

Will this really make Bitcoin successful?  Or will this just drive people away?  The general public at large will probably not adopt Bitcoin if it feels that it is a highly manipulated currency.  This is not "steering" the market and contributing to "success", this is manipulating the market for personal gain.  Buyers DO have a choice.  Bitcoin is open source and the software can easily be separated from the block chain as we know it.  The inherent value is in the concept and the software, not in the block chain.  If a public consensus builds that Bitcoin is a great idea, but that the public interest would be served by dumping the block chain because it unfairly favors early adopters who feel entitled to get rich at everyone else's expense, that may very well be what happens!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 06:36:48 AM

Markets do not sustain themselves that way for long...

Sheee... I wonder why the price is not $1 any more... and still dropping.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 06:54:51 AM

Markets do not sustain themselves that way for long...

Sheee... I wonder why the price is not $1 any more... and still dropping.

Well, for one thing our most important exchanges is managed from Japan... It's made folks a little jittery. Growing pains.

If that was the case, why would people not move to other exchanges then?
MtGox just runs fine and people are still trading there. And looking at the chart from last week, I don't see a heavy crash since the
problems in Japan started. What I do see is that not so many people are buying and a LOT of people are selling. I guess many buyers
just don't value bitcoin at $1.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 08:28:05 AM

Best joke for the week  Grin
Thanks

If this would work, this would be a new milestone in financial trading ;-)

Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 09:10:13 AM

WE THE PEOPLE of the diamond producing community, who mine and sell diamonds, are the ones who can truly steer the market and contribute to the success of diamonds, the People's Jewel.
De Beers beat you to it by about 100 years.
snedie

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 12:56:24 PM

This is so fucking stupid. The whole point of bitcoin is to have a decentralised currency that follows its own trends and is not manipulated for the personal gain of a government or a bank. Artificially deflating the currency will only serve to crash the market for bitcoin and the entire system will collapse within a few months.

Feel free to sell you coins at $2, I'll just sell at $0.9 and actually manage to sell, just like the rest of the people on here. Hey, why don't you run for government in an African nation, they do this kind of bullshit over there and look how well it's going for them.
prcarter

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 01:30:13 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2011, 04:19:26 PM by prcarter

Sellers are already insisting on higher prices, if you look at the open orders. The problem is that buyers aren't buying. The problem is that people aren't interested or are starting to be afraid of BTC. People who bought BTC or invested in hardware don't want to lose their investment, while the few people who are buying just want to make money fast.

Bitcoin hasn't been widely accepted so as to be directly useful to most people. Most people haven't even heard of Bitcoin. Anyone who read about Bitcoin and bought some Bitcoins is probably going to be alone. You can't go around convincing people (in your real-life social environment) of the validity of a new currency, when you are apparently the only one who accepts it or even knows about it.

I just noticed the bunch of Chinese students that joined the marketplace here. Obviously, it's because their teacher told them to. Maybe this is the kind of status that Bitcoin has in the real world? A "currency" for little kids?

This is still just a game with numbers. Winners being the creators and early adopters. If the drop in BTC price continues, some people will start referring to Bitcoin as a "bubble".
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 01:32:49 PM

Sellers are already insisting on higher prices, if you look at the open orders. The problem is that buyers aren't buying. The problem is that people aren't interested or are starting to be afraid of BTC. People who bought BTC or invested in hardware don't want to lose their investment, while the few people who are buying just want to make money fast.

I just noticed the bunch of chinese students that joined the marketplace here. Obviously, it's because their teacher told them to. Maybe this is the kind of status that Bitcoin has in the real world? A "currency" for little kids?

Jesus, what is this unwarranted cynicalism for?

People being afraid of BTC, for what reason?

prcarter

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 01:36:29 PM

Because they don't want to give away their "real" money? Some will think "hey, if anyone can generate these 'Bitcoins' it can't be real money!".
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 02:06:56 PM

Because they don't want to give away their "real" money? Some will think "hey, if anyone can generate these 'Bitcoins' it can't be real money!".

Anyone can generate Bitcoin within the limits of the system. There is no limit on the amount or quality of money that the federal reserve or any other central bank can create.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 02:19:15 PM

Both gold and silver prices went down after the Japan incident. Bitcoin too. But this won't last. The money injection that Japan did will gave more momentum to the economic disaster that is yet to come.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
prcarter

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 02:31:30 PM

Anyone can generate Bitcoin within the limits of the system. There is no limit on the amount or quality of money that the federal reserve or any other central bank can create.

I know that. The problem is that people won't stop to think about that. People are used to these papers that they can hold in their hands. "Money" for them are these physical things, and when they give those things to people in their day-to-day trades, they are not used to getting them back. The only exception is when they are dealing with banks. Banks are few, banks are honest, banks give papers back (statements) and everybody else goes to these banks. This is what most people know about "currency" (a.k.a "money"). [You work? You get money. You buy things? You give money.]

How are you going to introduce Bitcoin to them? Are you going to say "I gave my money in exchange for bitcoins"? Sorry, you lost. "What are these 'bitcoins' you are talking about? Can you bring a few here so I can see them? And... what did you say? You GAVE your money to somebody? Are you crazy? Who did you give it to? You are such a fool..."

People don't care about PGP, encryption, SSL, public/private keys, advanced math and all that mumbo-jumbo. It's science fiction to them. It sounds like a fairy-tale.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 02:43:11 PM

This is why i think that we shouldn't talk about "producing" or "generating" bitcoins, but about "mining" instead.
First 2 words create false impression that you can easily get bitcoins.

Bitcoin is similiar to gold in almost every way, so it should be compared to mining & called mining.

Raulo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 03:21:17 PM

Bitcoin is similiar to gold in almost every way, so it should be compared to mining & called mining.

Is it called differently? The forum section is called "mining". The programs are miners, etc.

But anyway, bitcoin is very far from gold. A lump of gold conducts electricity very well, does not corrode, is a good catalyst and you can make w nice shiny ring out of it. Bitcoin is neither. Bitcoin is absolutely non-physical. Face it: bitcoin is fiat. But Bitcoin is not an ordinary fiat. Bitcoin is decentralized. This is the only truly novel feature of Bitcoin because finite supply is non-novel, there are a lot of finite supply tokens (e.g, collectors coins).

1HAoJag4C3XtAmQJAhE9FTAAJWFcrvpdLM
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2011, 03:26:18 PM

WE THE PEOPLE of the Milk Farmers community, who produce and sell milk, are the ones who can truly steer the market and contribute to the success of milk, the People's drink.

We are the ones with capital invested in farms, and ample supply of milk to sell. We do not need to sell out today or tomorrow to survive. We know that milk will be very successful and that its inherent value is much higher than today's prices of 0.8/BTC a gallon.

Take the rein of this bull market, accelerate the success of milk by raising your ask prices to the symbolic 2.00 BTC per gallon on the various exchange sites: MilkGox, Bitgallon Central, Milkex, Milker Market, etc. Buyers have no choice but to accept this price. On one hand this may antagonize them to some level, but on the other hand it is only a small price they are paying to contribute to the success of drinking milk.

Share this message with others. Join me and change your sell orders to a minimum of 2 BTC a gallon today!

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 03:46:19 PM

This seems almost suitable for http://fakenews.witcoin.com/ or http://bitcoin.witcoin.com/

If you post this at the site, I'll 'support' it!  e.g. profit for your post ^_^
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 04:00:11 PM

Is it called differently? The forum section is called "mining". The programs are miners, etc.

But anyway, bitcoin is very far from gold. A lump of gold conducts electricity very well, does not corrode, is a good catalyst and you can make w nice shiny ring out of it. Bitcoin is neither. Bitcoin is absolutely non-physical. Face it: bitcoin is fiat. But Bitcoin is not an ordinary fiat. Bitcoin is decentralized. This is the only truly novel feature of Bitcoin because finite supply is non-novel, there are a lot of finite supply tokens (e.g, collectors coins).

Bitcoin is not fiat. One could only think so based on a misunderstanding of the word fiat. Bitcoin did not become valuable when Satoshi said "LET THERE BE BITCOIN". Bitcoin becomes valuable when people say "hmm... this is pretty neat, I'd accept this as payment" or "I'll buy some of this". Fiat currency becomes valuable because the government demands it to be so. If I participate in a debt based transaction in the United States, am taken to court and lose, the government will force me to pay restitution in U.S. dollars.

Consider the early days of gold as currency. Why would a farmer accept gold as payment? He can't buy things with it, unless other people accept it as well. Would you say that gold was only valuable "by fiat"? No, because nobody forced anybody else to accept gold, it was voluntary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: