Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:12:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OccupyLA on 10/1 !! We will be there in Bitcoin Attire! Financial Revolution!  (Read 7977 times)
WiseOldOwl (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 09:36:38 PM

http://occupylosangeles.org/

We will be out there in bitcoin attire. This is happening quick.

You can donate to our group specifically (the guys behind bitcoinbux),
and we will be setting up a tent and hopefully a generator for a HQ.

We are rushing to plan on how to do this best, but with a background in political activism, we plan to shine Smiley
This is the real deal people. Most likely the best way to bring some notice to bitcoin that there is.
All suggestions and donations welcome, any input really ...

Many things can be valuable for spreading the bitcoin word.
Donations of items are accepted too; shirts, fliers, hats, anything to spread the word can be mailed to us.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 09:47:16 PM

How many days is this?

WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 09:48:26 PM

Indefinitely
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

perhaps some of the mechanisms put in place to help occupywallstreet could be of use here

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 09:58:40 PM

Try to piss off a cop enough that he'll hit you with the pepper spray.  That's how you get on national television.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:00:15 PM

Indefinitely
I can not mail out anything until Tuesday.  I would mail stuff if you paid shipping but it may be too late depending on how long you go.

WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:00:29 PM

Try to piss off a cop enough that he'll hit you with the pepper spray.  That's how you get on national television.
+1
Only thing is, this is completely abolished from mainstream, plenty of young girls even have already been maced.
WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:02:46 PM

I will personally drive it and drop it off to the occupation if it gets here after I cant stay any longer.
And that goes for everyone.
Bottom line is I literally teared up watching 20 year old American girls be maced and suplexed by grown men (LEO) over protesting. I love my country and this is absolutely ridiculous.
WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:05:53 PM

We have a 5 ft. X 75 ft. Roll of primed canvas for oil painting we are donating to the cause for awesome signs.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:15:38 PM

This is awesome.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:18:16 PM

+1
Only thing is, this is completely abolished from mainstream, plenty of young girls even have already been maced.
Well if you get maced too then you'll have an easy conversation starter with those young girls.  You know what to do then, right?

Tell them about bitcoins.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

The media is complaining there is no message.  The message should be "End the Fed.  Use Bitcoins!!!"
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:29:04 PM

The media is complaining there is no message.  The message should be "End the Fed.  Use Bitcoins!!!"
That's a radical message...

Bitcoin does not NEED A MESSAGE.

The media wants us to have a message so that they can write a better story at the end of the day, but a "message" IS NOT NECESSARY for a global decentralized currency to succeed...

EDIT: When I say Bitcoin does not need a message, I say this because the message that it brings is already solid enough. Bitcoin doesn't need a group of people protesting the fed outside of a governmental building. What it needs is committed developers/business people to come together, and make this economy explode. Bitcoins message of transparency, decentralization, and freedom will spread all on it's own, we just need to facilitate the growth instead of just talking about it.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:30:19 PM

It's quite possible that Bitcoin is low enough on the radar that something like this could work, especially if things are fast moving and editing effort is lite.  I'm sure it would make it on Youtube though, and going viral and/or making the rounds on the Internet-based media is becoming fairly high-value.

Judging by footage of the women who got hit, it does not seem that one has to do much to 'piss off' the officer ranks of the cops to pepper-spray you.  It will be quite fascinating to see how and if the sub-officer ranks of the paramilitaries are brought in-line as things progress.  I wonder how long before the break out the heat gun anti-personnel toys they've been puttering around with over the last decade?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:30:42 PM

The media is complaining there is no message.  The message should be "End the Fed.  Use Bitcoins!!!"

This is so far off from the actual message that the protesters are trying to make that it's pretty hilarious.

Also, the Fed is pretty cool in my book.
WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 10:36:22 PM

Yes the problem is there isnt much leadership.
That problem was solved when I learned about this yesterday.
We are buying a tent right now,
We are borrowing some tables for literature etc.,
I have a 5x75 foot canvas (durable) sign, or a bunch of smaller ones.
Looking into electricity and generators.
I am going tonight to setup, speak with some organizers, and for a sign making party.
Best part is it looks like we might be able to run BitcoinBux Xchange (Until the 3rd at least for legal reasons) from the occupation through a internet tethering on my 4g phone Smiley Not entirely sure if we are going to do the exchange part of this or not, but we could.

The media is complaining there is no message.  The message should be "End the Fed.  Use Bitcoins!!!"

This is so far off from the actual message that the protesters are trying to make that it's pretty hilarious.

Also, the Fed is pretty cool in my book.

Honestly, I will be a protester and to me this is a way to fight against the wrongdoings against Americans. Maybe some confused people sum it up as one thing or another, I see people like communists even out there. The bottom line is business has spilled over into government and it is out of control with greed and corruption. I will be pushing the message of sound money, sounds business, and accountable govt.. I dont care what anyone else pushes.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 10:57:15 PM

I've been in the forums long enough and I know of a Wallstreet protester long before the occupywallstreet came into existence.  I paid a guy 100 BTC to hold a sign in front on the NYSE in Wallstreet to stand there for a few hours holding a sign that said "End the Fed!  Use Bitcoins!"  It's all on video.  I think I still have it.  He was the original protester!
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2011, 11:01:40 PM

Honestly, I will be a protester and to me this is a way to fight against the wrongdoings against Americans. Maybe some confused people sum it up as one thing or another, I see people like communists even out there. The bottom line is business has spilled over into government and it is out of control with greed and corruption. I will be pushing the message of sound money, sounds business, and accountable govt.. I dont care what anyone else pushes.

WiseOldOwl, if you could make an effort to get people to chant, "Use Bitcoins!  Use Bitcoins!  Use Bitcoins!", I would be in awe of you.
WiseOldOwl (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 11:17:53 PM

WiseOldOwl, if you could make an effort to get people to chant, "Use Bitcoins!  Use Bitcoins!  Use Bitcoins!", I would be in awe of you.

I will make that effort. I will have to inform them first. Then they might chant it on their own.

We are trying to film but so far only have the "hd" phone camera's.
Also it looks like there is no permit for this event so.....this might get ummm interesting.

FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2011, 11:20:43 PM

I've been in the forums long enough and I know of a Wallstreet protester long before the occupywallstreet came into existence.  I paid a guy 100 BTC to hold a sign in front on the NYSE in Wallstreet to stand there for a few hours holding a sign that said "End the Fed!  Use Bitcoins!"  It's all on video.  I think I still have it.  He was the original protester!

That.... doesn't seem like a wise investment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: