Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistakes That Make You Poor Poor In Cryptocurrency  (Read 6899 times)
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:23:13 PM

With cryptocurrency, you have to be careful with any fraud and theft. and usually many people who are caught in the losses in the world of crypto is:
1. Not Backup Key
2. Electricity Billing Mining More
3. Lunes In Phishing Sites
4. Buy Coin With Rumors
5. Create a weak password
6. Steal With Stealth ICO

With cryptocurrency, no bank or other institution or regulation will protect you in the event of a loss.

Most of the people are being hacked because of the phishing sites, there are a lot of scam sites mostly in airdrops so i always prefer working on bounties like signature more than looking or participating in airdrops.
Yeah there are many things like that in the online business world, everybody wants to benefit in their own way and there is also a
fraud, it is a risk, you should be more observant and clever in choosing investment place, ico, airdrop or the other
narielle

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:46:28 PM

With cryptocurrency, you have to be careful with any fraud and theft. and usually many people who are caught in the losses in the world of crypto is:
1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

With cryptocurrency, no bank or other institution or regulation will protect you in the event of a loss.

Good List but you missed the main one, it is GREED! That is one factor which makes us poor while investing in cryptos. I know a lot of people who had bought bitcoin during late 2017 and proudly announced that move in facebook with a lot of hashtags. All of them are in loss today. SOme of them even used their credit card to purchase bitcoin hoping to make astronomical profit to cover the credit card interest fees and enjoy with the rest of the money.

GREED is one factor that drives us towards unrealistic profit making businesses. If greed is the factor that drives your instinct, you are pretty much doomed before you even start.
I bold the word greed because it is the main reason why there are many people who fall when investing in cryptocurrency. Greediness leads everyone in a wrong decision. If we can fight our own greediness, we will succeed. I know that all of us have greediness to earn a lot of money in investment but there are always a perfect timing for everything. Therefore, we should not let the greed covers our personality.
queenstella

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:19:48 PM

The multiple offshoots of bitcoin could cause poverty. Understanding how bitcoins works also needs training. Lack of knowledge to know when to purchase and sell is another is another critical factor, so as not to dump
caseback

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:31:05 PM

Mistakes cannot turn you down in fact it can be you at the top why? because in a mistake you can learn from it so your mistakes can be lessen and avoid you from doing wrong,.Here in cryptocurrencies lots of winding bush but if you have faith and forgive yourself through mistakes, i know you can survive and be one of the succesfull too.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:09:13 PM

Just to add up also. I have a friend who holds his token for a very long time. He thought that he would get more if he holds it for about 6 months and up. But, the price of that token has been decreased. and now he just earned a very small amount from it. so don't hold your token too much.

Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:18:15 PM

The multiple offshoots of bitcoin could cause poverty. Understanding how bitcoins works also needs training. Lack of knowledge to know when to purchase and sell is another is another critical factor, so as not to dump
Yes.You should first monitor the market and know its situation before buying such coins which you intend to hold.And make sure you know the worth of the coins you are buying,not just they are cheap and turned into shitcoins later on.And lastly,stop being greedy.It would be the biggest factor that would really bring you into poverty.

millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:20:49 AM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

That is what happening to us if we don not learned  a lot more about crypto currency, all information about how to handle with this? is on the computer and cellphone so we give time to study about the xwhole story of crypto currency to avoid experienced problem like this.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:41:33 AM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

yes, we can not avoid mistakes but this is the reason for you to go to the chin, you can do it again and continue what's gone
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:05:35 AM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

And also by trading without any education or any experiences to back you up. You should also put your emotion as your number one enemy that is ruining your portfolio.
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:27:38 AM

The one that I see often is the phishing scams with online wallet, like mew.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:03:46 AM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

Most of the people are being hacked because of the phishing sites, there are a lot of scam sites mostly in airdrops so i always prefer working on bounties like signature more than looking or participating in airdrops.
Yeah there are many things like that in the online business world, everybody wants to benefit in their own way and there is also a
fraud, it is a risk, you should be more observant and clever in choosing investment place, ico, airdrop or the other
My answer would be more focused upon the crypto trading and market and not just  cryptocurrencies in general. I think the following mistakes make you poorer in cryptocurrency market:
1.   Not diversifying the investments.
2.   Giving more importance to the price of the crypto coin than its market capitalization.
3.   Investors cannot spend much time in this market as it fluctuates highly, the knowledge of which should be possessed by them.
4.   A very common mistake is that people always search for crashed coins, expecting it to rise to the high price.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:20:19 AM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

other mistakes make it difficult for people or bitcoin users because they do not think they are right and they use it improperly and decide on wrong and negative thinking so they become difficult because of that attitude
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:44:18 AM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

Not making many backup with my keys intend to cause a problem for me, it takes me a lot of time before finding where did I put a it. And because of that I have learned my lesson and now I make sure that I have put my back up keys in a safe files and easy for me to find. 
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:43:39 PM

Just to add up also. I have a friend who holds his token for a very long time. He thought that he would get more if he holds it for about 6 months and up. But, the price of that token has been decreased. and now he just earned a very small amount from it. so don't hold your token too much.

Yes. Buy and hold only works for a few cryptocurrencies - bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin.

Most of the others are pump and dump coins - so if you are in profit with your coin, sell and crystallise the profits, before the coin dumps down again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
talenah kotang

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:01:10 PM

it's already at risk in the crypto world if we're not careful, I think phishing sites are the most dangerous therefore we have to be careful. anything related to your online site should be careful.
yuzefa

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:12:55 PM

I made a couple of mistakes.
First of all, partecipating to some ICOs. That was really a waste of money.
The second one was selling 100k NXT at 2,000$, when I could wait 1 year for selling at 100,000$ Sad
But I needed money, so... Amen!
BTC_BTC

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:45:10 PM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

I really agree with no 4. buy bitcoin with rumor.
has many investors who suffered losses because of it, buy only based on rumors circulating, without knowing directly.
Anewor

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:11:52 PM

A helpful topic that should be taken into consideration by those who are beginners on cryptocurrency as well as those who not encountered some of these ideas. This list should be keep updated so as to be aware always of what might be just new methods of fraud or scams and hacking or phishing. Thanks for this list, this is helpful.
LeaderAMB

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:25:24 PM

Good List but you missed the main one, it is GREED! That is one factor which makes us poor while investing in cryptos. I know a lot of people who had bought bitcoin during late 2017 and proudly announced that move in facebook with a lot of hashtags. All of them are in loss today. SOme of them even used their credit card to purchase bitcoin hoping to make astronomical profit to cover the credit card interest fees and enjoy with the rest of the money.

GREED is one factor that drives us towards unrealistic profit making businesses. If greed is the factor that drives your instinct, you are pretty much doomed before you even start.
I really agree with that. even I do not think that far. Thank you for reminding and adding the main thing that makes us a loss in cryptocurrency. Even myself have also experienced losses due to greed.
Yep, I do think the same. It is said that “Grasp all, lose all”. People are prone to buy a coin during the ICO and looking forward  to seeing it will go to the moon. To tell you the truth, almost everyone hope their investments to increase dramaticall in short time. They even get hurried to invest that they feel worth without a deep analysis which would lead  them to a big loss.
Besides, the lack of knowledge is also a hairy factor. When one does not get knowledge, he would hardly understand much or are not aware of his doing. He isn’t able to analyze or start a good strategy at all. 

zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:16:27 PM

1. Not Backup Key
4. Buy Coin With Rumors

I agree with your opinion, it is very true that crypto will not go bankrupt for the long term, especially because the next few years crypto is still in the stage of recognition that allows or a great opportunity to experience and gain more benefits, there is only a slight shortage of the above list that is when Your wallet is being hacked by people, it can happen when the distribution of one of the altcoins is spread out on the website, may be useful and successful for all of us
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: