Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:21:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who dump coins early; Bounty hunters or ICO investors?  (Read 2702 times)
Crumple Cat

Activity: 364
Merit: 138

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:35:31 AM

One of the good ways to prevent this is that projects can pay 50% bounty in ETH and 50% in their tokens. This will reduce the probability of a possible dump after the completion of the ICO. This issue is fairly well disclosed in this my old thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2344753.0 and also there was a poll and a great discussion Roll Eyes

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

it doesn't matter how you get the coins, what matters is that how much experience you have in this field. and if you have experience you would dump the coins as fast as possible because there is no exception for these new tokens to get dumped. people WILL sell without a doubt and when they sell price will come down. so an experienced person would sell faster than others to prevent his losses and get the most profit out of the token before it is dumped to the bottom.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:54:26 AM

I think that would be the investors. Bounty hunters are always paid 1 month after ICO and sometimes a few more days after that. The time they would receive their bounties, the coins value have already dipped. The investors sell and trade first. They would be the first to manipulate the market.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:56:28 AM

I think not only the bounty hunters and investors dumps the coin but also the team behind helping the project to grow and become successful like the bounty management group or telegram management group. I think they have also a part/salary from the ico project they work on by giving them the amount of token they negotiated before they work. But i think the main cause of this is bounty hunters because some of them dosnt care about the project all they care is the price they will get but im not saying all bounty hunters are like this.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:57:13 AM

Both of them, if it is only Bounty Hunter who sell the coin, the price would not be so dumped, since Bounty Hunters only have small portion of the total circulating coin, except that the ICO of the Projects is not succeed (but if that so then this project deserve to be dumped). On the other hands, ICO investor buy so many coins that even if only few investors dump their token/coin it will radically affect the coin price.

coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:58:59 AM

I think investors. Nowadays bounty hunters receive their token last. Normally weeks after token listed on the first exchange. Because it is a great time to take the profit, the majority of token shows an increase in the price right after listing.

iconoclast

Activity: 770

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:02:01 PM

Bounty Hunters get blamed for dumping coins but since most bounties are only 1% or 2% of the float that would only have a very limited and short term effect on the price. A far bigger impact is made by people who buy in during the presale at huge discounts to the ICO price and then sell their coins at below the ICO price but higher than the amount they paid. Beware of investing in ICO's that offer very large presale discounts without any vesting period as you will likely see presale investors dumping their coins at a price below what you paid.

OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:10:24 PM

One thing I have realized is; no matter how many tokens you earn from a bounty program participation
It is not enough to dump the market price

The real dumpers are the early investors of ico; they buy and get ridiculous bonus rate which gives them the opportunity to dump because they end up in profit regardless
But can they be stopped ??
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:12:38 PM

ICO investors are likely to dump their coins if there is very long period of pre-ico with heavy discount because even if they will sell their coins at ico price when listing on exchange they will make good profit.

Bounty hunters will always dump their coin just after listing regardless of price even when ico collects millions.

I do not think so when I like being a bounty hunter or as an investor in ICO projects, with bounty you can be right when I sell as soon as I receive them, because they are not. have a future or part because they are at the right price. But some bounty I do not sell because I feel it's a good project, let's put yourself in the feeling of being an investor rather than a bounty hunter.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 02:33:14 PM

According to my view, both the bounty hunters and ICO investors dump their coins too early after getting listed on exchanges but both of them have different valid reasons for that. Bounty hunters sell out their coins too early just in order to get some profits in BTC or Ethereum and they take it as a part-time job for themselves and earn a profit out of it. ICO investors dump their coins early because the coin is having no more potential to be holded for long-term and that's why they sell it as soon as it got listed on the exchange.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:41:49 PM

Who dump coins early, both bounty hunters and ICO investors are contributing, but i think that the share of ICO investors is more. Don't forget the contribution of whales who want to collect at low prices.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Yemmy4eva

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:49:20 PM

It has been observed on many occasions that it is the early investors who are already in profit by the end of token sale and whales who get huge bonuses that dump immediately on exchange.
Many bounty hunters want to wait for token value to appreciate but the dumpers would create panic and make bounty hunters join the trend
Not cool
maaldaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:09:58 AM

ICO investors can also dump their coins, especially when they got a lot bonus coins during the pre-ico or in ico session.
they got so much extra coins from pre-ico or ico session that can be sold at any time.

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:32:49 AM

I believe that everything depends on the project (token), if it is popular and promising, very few will sell it right after it is received, but if participants and investors do not see further prospects for the bonus campaign, they will immediately try to sell it. Conclusion: campaign participants bonuses can not significantly affect the price reduction of the token.

Tamila
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:11:05 AM

Investors like to blame the hunters in the token dump after the listing. But there are many examples when investors themselves have dropped the price tens of times. And bounty hunters at that time did not even receive their reward.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:26:10 AM

It is definitely the early investors who put in money in at the start, these are the ones that really make the project happen so it gets close to the soft cap. As soon as it hits an exchange with a buy order higher than their initial investment it gets dumped, which means they got a serious discount.

jojo223

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:28:49 AM

Everyone can do it here is more dependent on the person
iconoclast

Activity: 770

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:41:22 AM

It is the investors who buy in private and presales who are responsible for most of the dumping. It is not unusual to see discounts of 30 to 70% being offered to private sale and presale investors over the price offered in the ICO with no additional hold period being attached. A lot of ignorant fools blame post ICO price drops on those doing the bounties even though it is rare to see the bounty token allocation exceeding 3% of the tokens sold. There is a very simple remedy to the supposed dumping by bounty hunters and that is to pay out the bounty in Ethereum or some other cryptocurrency other than the tokens of the ICO.

andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:45:52 AM

many factors that influence the occurrence of dumps of a token / coin and what often happens is that bounty hunters sell coins that they get too quickly and too cheaply but if the project runs smoothly according to their planning, the coins sold by bounty hunters will have no effect.
DreamCayman

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:49:37 AM

Dropping coins after rewarding for work in the bounty is a problem of the price of coins. One solution to this problem is paying for working in bounty campaigns with an ethereum or other sustainable coin. ICO developers are interested in the stability and growth of tokens. I think soon they will pay for participating in bounty campaigns in the ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: