Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who dump coins early; Bounty hunters or ICO investors?  (Read 2699 times)
troiano9

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:53:14 AM

Most people are in the space to make money.  Most of these ICOs and coins have no real value so dumping is the best way to make a profit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Servantes

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:57:29 AM

I do not want to defend bounty hunters, most of them probably truly sell the token as soon as they get it, but investors do the same thing, and there are much more token given to investors, than to bounty hunters. If the bounty rewards can truly dump the price, than the ICO is just as responsible IMO, did something very badly.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:09:20 PM

I think both did the coins dump but most of the dumper is from bounty hunters who made a free token reward from their bounty activities campaign because they get it free so they can sell it when the got it in the first time of distribution. I know that because some of my friends did that. correct me if i was wrong. thanks
sleepless

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 12:30:50 PM

I think both did the coins dump but most of the dumper is from bounty hunters who made a free token reward from their bounty activities campaign because they get it free so they can sell it when the got it in the first time of distribution. I know that because some of my friends did that. correct me if i was wrong. thanks
Investors and participants in the bounty sell, but not all. Everything depends on the project, because many projects grow in price after entering the stock exchange, for example, XYO.

Bitknick

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:32:52 PM

Theoretically, it is not profitable for none of the others to roll off the rate of tokens, and even more so bounty hunters usually do not receive such huge payments to at least somehow influence the course of the coin!
mitchel_am

Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:36:50 PM

Most of the bounty hunters are working for their rewards considering that their reward is their only income for them...so they have to sell the coins in order to live.
micairvas

Activity: 303
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:39:47 PM

I think this is an eternal argument. Everyone puts a hand to the fall of the coin. Even the project team and developers. Do not forget that the team of bounty managers also get their Tokin. And unlike us, they are the first to know where a coin is being traded and dump it with the whole team.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:29:06 AM

U believe that this is a result of both parties contributing to this price shift downwards of coins/token in the market after the bounty periods. We have noticed that in some projects, bounties are delayed to be paid to hunters so as not to go "DUMP" as usually associated with the bounty hunters and even in some cases, coins/tokens from bounties are locked for some periods even after given to you, however, this doesn't really keep the price upwards as we've have seem in past ICOs. So I don't really think it's only the hunters that usually dump, investors dump too especially immediately after the ICOs basically from all the bonuses to recoup some of their investment, so I believe both parties are responsible for this.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:38:10 AM

Its so sad when we have been made to believe its bounty hunters who dump their bounty tokens immediately after ICO and so devalue the coins on the market. Because of this notion, project managers these days try to delay bounty rewards while some even go ahead to give small rewards so that the actions of bounty hunters will not affect the price of their coins. Now I participated in this bounty and we were paid late as usual. We went to the market and realized the price was already down, even below the ICO price. So who caused it ? I think we should have a second look at this issue. Don't you think its the investors who get bonuses during the ICO who try to dump their bonuses for profit and not the bounty hunters as we have been made to believe?. Let me hear your opinions guys
I realize you have a good point asking this type of speculations between hunters and investors. Bounty hunters get only a portion of the allocated amount of token while investors can get as many to invest and dump for even more profit. So it's the investors who make the price of the coin or token down because they hold more than the bounty hunters token which are limited.
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:41:10 AM

In fact, the amount of tokens that Bounty hunters dump when this coin is listed on market is not so much, just be a very small number per total tokens supply in market. So, if say that because of bounty hunters make the price go down seem like not right

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:05:22 AM

Lower the price of new tokens and investors, and bounty hunters. However, the influence of investors on this process is much greater than the influence of bounty hunters. Many investors buy new tokens in the course of ICO with big discounts only to immediately sell them on the exchange at the price of ICO and have almost double the benefits. Bounty hunters have a significantly smaller amount of tokens and, as you have noticed correctly, they receive these tokens in their wallets, as a rule, when this token has already fallen in price on the exchange. So it makes no sense to blame bounty hunters. In general, if the project is very promising, then it is unlikely that everyone will so massively throw off their new tokens, if there is a chance that these tokens will grow in value.
warning_btc

Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:10:28 AM

Bounty hunter now recieve their tokens very late.
I dont understand how investors can buy high and sell low.
So there is devs left, they claim some part of selling on ico tokens and dump it

Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:13:04 AM

to be honest, given the same conditions, it's more likely that the bounty hunters dumped, rather than investors. however, in ur case, the token price was alrdy down even before distribution to bounty hunters. in this case, it's just ico investors or maybe even early-stage contributors (some projects were funded partially even before ico) who sold, taking the sentiments in the market into account.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:14:33 AM

Its partly the bounty hunters and partly the investors. Inability of many ICO to reach hard cap is what makes huge dump by hunters to drastically affect the price of the token. Most ico allocate averagely 1% of the token sale for the bounty hunters, if this is so then 1% of hardcap is relatively small amount but due to the fact that most ICO struggle to even reach softcap then amount allocated to hunters influence the price of the token. many ico also given more than 50% discount to investors. such huge discount can also affect the token when it hit exchange
ninjaskip

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:10:24 AM

I strongly agree with your opinion. Even the prizes earned by bounty hunter are not worth the bonus earned by investors. but that's where the victory for those who have a lot of money. Those who have a lot of money are always treated in a special way. I think ICO will always stay like this. Dump and more dump again
dewildance

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:15:34 AM

Its so sad when we have been made to believe its bounty hunters who dump their bounty tokens immediately after ICO and so devalue the coins on the market. Because of this notion, project managers these days try to delay bounty rewards while some even go ahead to give small rewards so that the actions of bounty hunters will not affect the price of their coins. Now I participated in this bounty and we were paid late as usual. We went to the market and realized the price was already down, even below the ICO price. So who caused it ? I think we should have a second look at this issue. Don't you think its the investors who get bonuses during the ICO who try to dump their bonuses for profit and not the bounty hunters as we have been made to believe?. Let me hear your opinions guys

In my opinion, bounty awards are not distributed enough to affect the price. But the bonus rates set for ICO investors are very unfair. Some projects deliver 100% or more bonuses. In this environment, the price of that coin will be reduced by at least half.

Moreover, these ICO investors sell their coins instantly with the bonus they receive for every USD. I think the token that is distributed at least as bonuses should be locked.
coaprotet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:18:36 AM

Bounty hunters for sure. It makes absolutely no sense for the ICO investors to dump their coins, because they have actually invested their own money to gain profit. Bounty hunters invested their time and effort but no real money.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
corrado25

Activity: 773

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:19:00 AM

I think dump and the first and second because whoever first will sells that will earn more. For the first and the second only interested in money only. If you say who more collapses the course then I think it's investors because they have more coins in their hands and bounty hunters do not have that much

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 10:25:20 AM

bounty hunter, they don't buy but get rewards from ico tokens, then they sell everything right away.
Moriwhite

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:28:41 AM

the first one to throw a token might be an ico investor, because he first got the token and after that a bounty hunter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: