Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still use MEW?  (Read 936 times)
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:14:43 PM

So my question to you is will you still use MEW? 
Yes, I'll still use MEW regardless of these hacks. I don't use hola so I'm fine with it.
Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?
Don't blame all the things to MEW, the users are also liable for installing and trusting such browser extensions.
The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
I'll continue to use them but I won't store that much amount to them.
why not using mycrypto.com. Formally it is a fork of myetherwallet, but they moving forward faster. Also I am using metamask + mycrypto - together. Today I dont see better tools for etherium network. Also if you like to visit website myetherwallet.com you can it to the bookmarks and to verify the SSL certificate before private key input.

rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:16:09 PM

They can be hacked and it will continue to be hacked. Use hardware wallet otherwise you will be never safe with other methods.
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:20:29 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

I will continue to use MEW, I consider it to be the best and I'm not going to switch to another purse. I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I do not think that people will stop using MEW! I think MEW is now the best, and many also think so!
timoshani

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:26:53 PM

I think any wallet has problems. And when hackers will find this, they can steal any token or fiat money. I think that now blockchain technology doesn't have a ideal security from this global problem. But the last tendencies have shown us that MetaMask more safety than MEW!!!

KobbyD

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:27:14 PM

I know that MEW will not be dangerous if someone knows how to use it properly, but some third-party software has exploited the ignorance of some people. Today, MEW warned anyone using the Hola plugin on their browser and opened their wallet MEW within 24 hours, MAKING ALL of their assets to another SAFETY wallet.
I strongly agree with you. I have been using MEW since I joined the crypto world, it's a year now, and I have not had any problems of this sort. I think MEW users should not be blaming the developers.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:27:32 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Of course I will still use myetherwallet and here's why. This hack is not a problem with MEW's system, it is an issue with the VPN service provider named Hola so we can't blame MEW about this hacking incident, this is why I'm very picky on what VPN to use and I don't use free VPNs because of security reasons. All people that use hola VPN and accessed their MEW wallet at the time of hack, their Ethereum and as well as their erc20 based tokens might gone right now. So if you are one of those who use this service and your cryptocurrencies are still there better create a new mew account and transfer all your tokens to it. And what's worst is if you are using this VPN during the hack, while using other accounts like email, social media accounts, or any other important accounts might also in danger.
siggy

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:32:53 PM

I think that such news have a very destructive influence on MEW, but it is not fair for this project
shapegray

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:36:32 PM

It's hola problem, not because of MEW. I think that it still safe as long as we can careful with that. Don't doing something risky, and it's better to use metamask together with MEW.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:37:33 PM

Well obviously people having their ether wallet stone is due to their stupidity and ignorance and trusting shady and suspicious extensions, i don't why they try to compromise their accounts by using their party programs that are useless, and MEW is not responsible for any thing that happens to people who no nothing about account security, and i don't think that anyone will stop using it because someone didn't know how to secure his account propaply.
sp01_cardo

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

I haven't encounter any problem in using MEW. And yes i will still using MEW even theres a hack new about MEW. It is also the obligation of the owner of the wallet to keep it safe his passwords or private keys to secure all his accounts. You keep it safe then theres no problem on your holdings.

▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram    Twitter    Medium    Reddit    Youtube
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:39:31 PM

I do not think that MEW was hacked, it is just the users who enter their private key at some fake or phishing websites and then have their mew wallet compromised, we should spread awareness among new users about how to protect their private keys and wallets and always make sure that they are not sharing their private key and password at some suspicious website.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
NeonFlash

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:41:24 PM

My old MEW was hacked, so now I use metamask, and app in my phone (Trust). If not very necessary, I never use private key for login.
antolinicio1

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:42:11 PM

Myetherwallet - it is all the same the best e-wallet at the moment. I don't see aльтeнaтив among other e-wallets. All have problems and weaknesses. But in the future I plan to buy a cold purse of Ledger Nano S. Hardware purses are less vulnerable in my opinion.

Long Bitcoin , Short the Bankers
James ssi~

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:46:23 PM

Of course I will still use myetherwallet and here's why. This hack is not a problem with MEW's system, it is an issue with the VPN service provider named Hola so we can't blame MEW about this hacking incident, this is why I'm very picky on what VPN to use and I don't use free VPNs because of security reasons. All people that use hola VPN and accessed their MEW wallet at the time of hack, their Ethereum and as well as their erc20 based tokens might gone right now. So if you are one of those who use this service and your cryptocurrencies are still there better create a new mew account and transfer all your tokens to it. And what's worst is if you are using this VPN during the hack, while using other accounts like email, social media accounts, or any other important accounts might also in danger.

Exactly , I use mew in my bounty campaigns, as long as you hold your private key safely and secured, It can also help you to store some important funds in your wallet and be able to trade it online, most of the users in crypto are using MEW as their wallets.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:51:06 PM

We should avoid MEW, Most of the people are being hacked. Even my myetherwallet account got hacked too, I lost my all save money. I just hate this shit myetherwallet. Metamask is fa far way better than MEW. Feeling sorry for your lose, I can understand your loss, because it happened to me. I would suggest you use Metamask or Hardware wallet.

Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:02:01 PM

I will still use the MEW regardless of someone has been hacked. In my opinion, Mew can't be hacked. It might be the negligence of the user. I know that there are a lot of people who use MEW. and if the MEW has been hacked, then all of the people who use it will be hacked too.

Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 09:03:46 PM

Use MetaMask, it's infinite better than MEW, I used it from the moment I started in the crypto world(1 year) and never had any problems.

Once Metamask was hacked and it can happen one more time. I use Ledger I have no problem, but it also doesn`t guarantee safety. Maybe try to create 5-10 wallets and use all of them. And if one will be compromised, other tokens will be safe. I think that this is the best strategy in our unsafety crypto world. Good luck and don`t let thief you!

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:12:10 PM

[/quote

I already experience this moment mate, so I'm learned from my mistake that's why I explore another wallet that an also accept tokens and can store In safe from those hackers and this was metamask. When I started to used It I've never been experience again those being hacked.
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 09:17:29 PM

I still do not know why people still use the MEW or why companies and developers still use it for bounties. It is not safe. And with the stress of opening one you will think it should be secured. But it is not. It is the last erc wallet I will use or recommend to anyone. Coinomi is solid but not many use it.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
harimurry

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 09:24:36 PM

Use MetaMask, it's infinite better than MEW, I used it from the moment I started in the crypto world(1 year) and never had any problems.

Any wallet that is connected to the Internet is still likely to be hacked. In general I agree that MEW is less secure than MetaMask. Yet, we should not forget the recent exploit of Cloudflare for which btcmanager.com is one of its client was reported as a phising attempt.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: