Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:17:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still use MEW?  (Read 936 times)
kakonhat

Activity: 1106
Merit: 11

Crypto in my Blood

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:37:45 PM

I like that answer and the solution which is answered the first person who recommends using Metamask. But I have some confusion to use it without going MEW I can't transfer the ERC20 token. I don't know what do I miss any features of Metamask to send without going MEW site.

veekky

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

Don't use extensions like VPN and that's problem! your data can be leacked! MEW have nothing to do with security and i will still be using MEW, but it would be nice if buterin added google authentification or another method to prevent such situation
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:42:37 PM

I think MEW is not always to blame. Some users are not fully aware that some sites that they are accessing has Malwares or viruses. As long as you are careful and checking before opening your wallet, there will be no problem. Some users are also using VPN which is not highly recommended since your data can leak.
KingElrey

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:42:57 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

i do still use MEW since i started bounties and joining airdrops and also trading. i use metamask as filtering websites and exchanges to know its authentic.   must always check the address on the address bar before signing-in or pasting your private keys. and install decent anti-virus that has INTERNET security features.
sateyaam

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:46:41 PM

well of course because I think mew is still one of the wallet safe if you use metamask,
there is not anything safe at this time but we can make more security against our wallets
thornTorn

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:48:29 PM

I've always used MEW up to this point and have always used it wisely, and I have not had any problems using it yet. they say a lot of things, but I prefer to keep small amounts of money on purses, even if a purse is broken, many will not be stolen.
lorrymekk

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

Yes , it is still very safe and usefull , i use mew because it is very easy to use and safe . I like using it i can see how much i am paying for the fee or the gas.
polemdolah0

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:52:22 PM

for now I still use Mew, but not all the time, but the reason I moved to Imtoken some time ago, because Imtoken may not be the best but safe for some things in it, because with hacked exchange and wallet providers who suffered data breaches that resulted the loss of user funds, because I am sure will soon get Ledger wallet, I need time to get to where I am, I do not want to start all over again.
roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:52:58 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

I am still using myetherwallet until now even if my token was stolen before. My wallet was hacked and took my token in an instant. I have no choice because I have don't have other wallet like hardware wallet. The best solution to avoid hackers is to keep the pinkeys and password in a safe place. So far it works for me. We only need to be extra careful in protecting our wallet.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:54:28 PM

Luckily, I am not using any extensions when using MEW. I always process my transactions directly to their website and save their website as bookmark to avoid getting a victim of scam or fake website. This really is another bad news for MEW and their security is now being tested again. I am more comfortable using MEW than any other wallet. We just have to be cautious using an extensions or fake websites.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
jayden316

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:55:17 PM

Mew is the most popular wallet today for storing tokens. I have only few token so mew is still the best choice. ignore the hack
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:00:17 PM

I still believe in MEW, all my assets are still there, I think it's pretty safe, as long as we do not carelessly open a link that resembles mew. Be careful.
vastmast

Activity: 378

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:01:58 PM

Ofcourse i will use. I have not had any problems to myetherwallet. We need to use it for a very simple wallet and all the tokens needs myetherwallet.
If you do not lose your private key or you do not get hacked, you want to use it for a long time Smiley

______________▂   arizn  ▂______________       ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                     ◄ ICO: 30% BONUS  ►
Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram Website Wallet Telegram Whitepaper     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
raimslii

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:02:37 PM

I still use Myetherwallet and thought it was very safe for me and it was easy to use. The last thing, if not using Hola addon for chrome, I think does not affect. If you have good security, do not use addons or third-party software when accessing MEW, I think our assets are safe.
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

Ofcourse! This is the first wallet which i use and i prefer it between another wallet's. Ethereum is the best of places where very comfortable to save tokens. Also - most of all new projects use ERC-20 eth system how a base for their tokens, even if later they will create own blockchain.
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:07:51 PM

Actually MEW was not hacked. An extension named Hola was the one which was hacked. But it is still a concern and MEW immediately made a statement to withdraw all funds. No losses of funds where reported.
A similar incident with MEW also happened few months ago also. Hardware wallets are indeed the safest one. Even though online wallets are easy to use, they are prone to vulnerability. So better to use hardware wallets.
tensports

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:08:20 PM

for safety of your mew account don't use any extension or addons,only use mew wallet with your key and keep your private keys in safest place , mew was not hacked mew is safe to use
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:08:33 PM

I believe user take responsibility their own wallet and MEW already replace notice about it when you use MEW. Our wallet can hack from many aspect and change device and IP is important. As long you never switch device, only transactions with trusted person and never show off on social media/ tele chat, your wallet will safe.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
kamengbate553

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:10:07 PM

but sometimes I do not understand when people say that they have lost some tokens when using MEW, but I also feel a bit afraid to use them because I do not want to be hacked by hackers, So I am using Imtoken most often though I still need Mew to risk tokens my accelerator.
Niobeh

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:10:25 PM

Ofcourse! This is the first wallet which i use and i prefer it between another wallet's. Ethereum is the best of places where very comfortable to save tokens. Also - most of all new projects use ERC-20 eth system how a base for their tokens, even if later they will create own blockchain.
Yes , still MEW is good to used in terms of signature campaign in where my reward tokens put on there, this is one of the common wallet of individuals, who participated in bounties because it is more secured and easy to use.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: