Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still use MEW?  (Read 936 times)
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

MEW is a good one ERC20 wallet, simple and powerfull to send any token via website.
But we should be careful when opened website and using private key. make sure link and ssl before using it.
oho

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:08:51 PM

I personally will use this purse! I do not understand whose fault the hack happened! And in general, a lot that can be hacked, it depends on who needs it and what resources it has!

[
ezelom

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:57:49 PM

my question to you is will you still use MEW?
The day I join crypto currency mew was the only wallet I no, immediately i know of other form of wallet, I deviate from using mew currently i use imtoken, metamask and coinomi.

I don't prefer MEW. It's open to phishing. It doesn't automatically show tokens' balances.

I go for MetaMask on PC. On mobile, I like imToken, Coinomi, or Eidoo. I love the imToken alerts for debits and credits. I love Coinomi's multi-wallet feature.
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

the Myetherwallet has over the years taken over the larger number of the tokens creation on the blockchain entirely as myetherwallet acts as a decentralized application where people get to build their own applications and token creations too.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:59:50 PM

This is obviously not the first time MEW has been hacked. It's been going on for quite sometime. Attackers are always trying to find ways to get access to people's wallet and so it's somehow not their fault. Anyways it's also bad to be hearing that MEW gets attacked. People don't feel safe when they see that and so as you said, they really need to work on that.
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:19:39 AM

I do not consider them guilty, if something is closed, then it can be opened, or in this case, hack

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:29:24 AM

It`s surprising that people still didn`t realise safety measures in crypto and deal with it like children.
How can one add any such suspicious app, when we have long history of fraud, in recent years.. Sad
Too bad..

It effects crypto prestige hugely..
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:38:37 AM

hola is a third party program and they find a hole and exploit it. regulars users of MEW were not impacted by the breach because the MEW service itself wasn’t compromised. the problem is the users on how to keeps their wallet safe. i have coins and i go to etherscan to check and to open mew i use metamask.
Lenina

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:50:22 AM

I use MyEtherWallet, but way to connect with it I choose Ledger or Metamask
fenzuijk

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:55:25 AM

I haven't had a mew for a long time, he has always been hacked, and there are all kinds of phishing fears, so use it as little as possible for security reasons. What is most worried now is not the price drop, but the fear of being stolen by hackers.
iLatios

Activity: 327

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:56:15 AM

My Ether Wallet has its advantages: you may create as many wallets as you need. So you can divide all your altcoins into different wallets. So even after being hacked you may save part of your money.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:57:53 AM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Actually, every time MYETHERWALLET has been compromised, the theft is due to negligence of users, i think it is always important to double check the website before use, i hope the victim learn how to be more careful using it due to frequent attack, to cut the story short, i will still use MEW.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
felikszemdegs11

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:04:00 AM

Seems the same for nearly all crypto services.
TheMeritedOne

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:04:50 AM

I have never used my ether wallet once.The thought of entering my seed in the public internet scared me off and I decided to go against it.One of the best decisions in crypto
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:11:33 AM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

well
HOLA
i remembered hola the first my free VPN for browsing like reddit etc
but idk if hola can hacked MEW for chrome extension,
actually i just used hola on mozzila.
and if u ask "will u still use"
of course i do.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:11:45 AM

After such news I will stop using myetherwallet wallet. This is a very comfortable wallet that many people use, but massive malicious scare users. I think after that the wallet will lose a lot of users.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:21:15 AM

Actually, every time MYETHERWALLET has been compromised, the theft is due to negligence of users, i think it is always important to double check the website before use, i hope the victim learn how to be more careful using it due to frequent attack, to cut the story short, i will still use MEW.

this!
It's absurd blame myetherwallet. They, in their website, warn the users a lot about the risk.

Anyway, i use MEW only with my trezor.
lukamodric94

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:32:38 AM

I will still use the wallet MEW. I have consulted several ways to combat hack on mew wallet:
1. Disconnect immediately if anything is different from the one you are accessing (for example, an unsecure connection).
2. Always make sure the site you visit has a secure encryption symbol. Especially the websites that you send personal information, money (eg ETH, Bitcoin, trading platform, ecommerce site ...) must always have encryption symbols to ensure information is secure.
Limit your use of web-accessible wallets such as MyEtherWallet using add-ons such as MetaMask or a wallet application such as Eidoo. Still, it is possible for these wallets to be compromised but still safer for MEW.
4. If you still want to use your MEW wallet, you can view the MyEtherWallet User Guide on your hard drive and offline.
Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:38:17 AM

Thats awful wnen such important source is being hacked several times... Im not using mew anymore and I feel more calm after stopping use it. Good luck everyone, be careful
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:45:15 AM

Yes I will still use MEW for storing my tokens. I still think it is safe, you just have to be careful on putting your private key make sure that what you open is the real MEW. I think there's this fake wallet that really looks the same as MEW so you have to be very careful while opening the site. So far I haven't had any bad experience e on my wallet, everything is perfectly fine.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: