Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still use MEW?  (Read 936 times)
Adio

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:35:29 PM

Nope, there's a better option for now that support all Erc 20 tokens which is Imtoken, nice layout and gives notifications for incoming and outgoing tokens, and has a great security platforms that is better than mew
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1138

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:27:20 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
Im still using Myetherwallet until now inspite of the hack happen yet i havent being affected to those exploit and i dont know why people do think that MEW should be blamed of why they do lose coins without even thinking or consider that anything online can be exploited or being tagged by malicious things that can hacker can possibly apply and this is what happen on MEW which do make use of a VPN extension to get informations for those users and since im not a fan on using VPN for now my coins are still intact into my wallet.

hotimbineh

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:41:27 AM

recognized or not.
MyEther wallet users still occupy the most in use to save ERC20 tokens in the CRYPTO world
although a few months ago there was hacking but I still believe MEW is still safe to use because MEW always make security improvements for the convenience of its users

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:24:13 AM

Yes, when you compared to other wallets MEW is the best wallet because i find there is some security involved in it. So as long as if you don't share private keys with others your coins will be in safe hands, so, i hope it is good to use MEW.
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:16:26 AM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

I don’t use MyEtherwallet anymore. It seemed for me more reasonable to change my wallet on some another some months before. And have done it. I don’t regret about it at all. Metamask is good coin also.
chi54cd1xd

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:36:06 AM

You can try MetaMask, MyCrypto or Trust Wallet, they are both newer and better than MEW. MyCrypto has the same developer as MEW, but it is an improved version, newer, better, very easy to use, it has the same interface and usage as MEW. I like it most, you should try it
haohuynh

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:27:11 AM

I still keep using MEW with Metamask which can be used to verify the correct website.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:34:17 AM

I don't hold anything in my ethereum address except few bucks worth ethereum and I sell my bounty rewards the very first moment they are listed on exchange, but for storing larger amount of ethereum or tokens I would use hardware wallets.
I don't know, but hackers have found hole in extension not in wallet.
ciang huang

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 04:10:28 PM

but I always wear this wallet because the average bounty program is wearing MY ETHER purse, while we can keep the private key, and json, it's safer not to get hacked

bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:19:48 PM

For me, MEW is the still best wallet for ERC-20 Tokens, as for me it still safe to store all of the tokens there. We must be careful on our private keys and any other way to access our accounts. As many hackers are getting sophisticated on getting into our accounts.

quarkchain.io
Kubit

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:41:56 PM

Using MEW offline version is still safe I guess.
If you use it properly MEW is a very good wallet.
onaiwusun

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

Wallet security is really a cause for concern, MEW is the mostly widely used wallet,the challenge with it is that it requires you to interact with sites directly sometimes your private keys.
Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:49:47 PM

Current MEW is still the best e-wallet used by investors as well as bounty members. MEW is ideal for storing ERC-20 Token as it supports almost all Token using Ethererum technology. Although MEW has repeatedly been harassed by hackers, there have not been any cases of cryptos. So you can be assured of store cryptos at MEW.
Hishad32

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:09:03 AM

I nevertheless do now not understand why human beings nevertheless use the MEW or why corporations and developers still use it for bounties. It isn't secure. And with the pressure of starting one you may assume it ought to be secured. but it isn't always. it's miles the closing erc pockets i will use or advocate to absolutely everyone. Coinomi is strong however no longer many use it.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:28:39 AM

Because since the beginning I know cryptocurrency, I tried Myetherwallet first as my wallet to store my token assets. I never had a problem since the first time I used, everything is fine and working perfectly. If you want your wallet safer, try using Metamask to protect your wallet from hackers and make sure to save your private key and Json file in the safest place...
haohuynh

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:38:29 AM

I know that MEW is not safe , so i will not store more coins.
atomicgroup

Activity: 370

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:08:25 AM

Yes, I will still use myetherewallet because it is a very good wallet and I am sure they will fix all problems soon because the wallet is safe and secure for all erc20 related token. Even with all you said, I believe they will sort the issue soonest as the wallet is a reputable one and very good for storing token but if you are scared, you can spread the token into some other wallet as long as it is safe.
ikarasev10

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:30:41 AM

I use on a separate computer and was hacked once, stole about 1 ETH!
be careful with MEW

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:38:09 AM

MEW was the first wallet that  I used when I started to learn about crypto so far it's the easiest and the most convenient  to utilize if your a noobs in this industry. Simply, be watchful of a phishing attacks and bookmark their site.

KingElrey

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:04:00 PM

yes i am, i dont have any problem with MEW since i was started using create and using it as my tokens receiving address. and also importing it into decentralized exchanges. but im using metamask im just imported my mew address to metamask to make a great security.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: