Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:19:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you still use MEW?  (Read 936 times)
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:20:39 PM

Honestly yes I still use MEW despite the allegations they had with all the hacking. And probably because I don’t store all my coins there and use it sometimes, but so far I haven’t had any problems with the site itself. And I stay away from it if there are news about hacking or something too.
almeydeniz16

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:12:35 PM

i used mew and metamask together so it's safer than use one of them
HertzCoin

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:00:14 PM

If you use MEW following all safety rules, the risk is pretty low. Just use it in bundle with Metamask and don't forget to check safety certificates on the website and everything will be ok.
ikarasev10

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:45:56 AM

Yes, I will continue to use Myetherwallet.
very convenient, sometimes of course there are questions to the interface but it happens very rarely

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:05:00 PM

It is now the issue of MEW why people account was hack, as long as I know when you log-in in the right site as they always advise to everyone no negative issue will occur right?
johans223344

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:46:24 AM

I am still gonna use MEW regardless of the hacks it get, because the main security it gets is upon the user or the keeper of the private key. If you want to keep your private wallet secured, use a flashdrive and store your wallet file inside that after you trade. Never be too get triggered of the time you will consume at that security measure because it would always be 100% loss once your ignorance get you into that kind of incident.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:09:04 AM

Yes, i am using it for more than a year now and never faced any problem with MEW. Compared to other wallets MEW wallet is safe for storing Erc20 tokens and find it very safe for storing the coins as long as if we don't share our private key with others.
petrovkirill808

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:29:41 AM

i used mew and metamask together so it's safer than use one of them
is that allowed? I did not know about this possibility. I will definitely try.
with this option a threat, as was recently "hola vpn" ceases to be relevant?
Stormspirit

Activity: 642

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:30:43 PM

I think it's still safe as long as we can be careful with it. Do not do anything risky, It is also the duty of the wallet owner to maintain the security of his password or private key to secure all his accounts. You stay safe then there is no problem with your ownership. And better use metamask together with MEW. I think mew is still one of those safe purses if you use metamask
CryptoSkBoss

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:31:42 PM

I use metamask frequently but also I use mew sometimes both are good but I choose metamask over mew.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:35:02 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.
I am still using it but without using any extensions or third parties that could lead to hacking my account. And also if you are cautious of your every move on the internet you will be safe for any hacking attempt. MEW also sited to their websites the warnings before you proceed to unlocking your account so MEW team couldn't do anything about of these recent damages.

ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:10:59 AM

before we enter the private key on myetherwallet on the site always gives a warning to re-control the links we have visited right, this is done so that users avoid hacking. if we can be careful to re-control the links we visit, myetherwallet will certainly be safe to use.
Apiapik

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:14:03 AM

Do not do anything risky, it is also the duty of the wallet owner to maintain the security of his password or private key to secure all his accounts. You stay safe then there is no problem with your ownership. And better use metamask together with MEW. I think Meong is one of those safe purses if you use metamask.
Flyne d Coin Digger

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:49:26 AM

User's carelessness is one reason for an account to be poke or even worse like hacking... It is not the wallets or the group's fault..
batoman

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:32:11 AM

Never,never used MEW before,after listening to what you said,i think i would never use MEW as my ETH wallet forever.
MuhamadDikri

Activity: 1022

Working Hard?? Working Smart!!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 04:16:40 PM

Another day, another hack.  Basically My Ether Wallet was hacked via the chrome extension hola.  At this point it isn't known how many users have been affected or how many tokens have been lost.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/10/mew-hack-hola/

So my question to you is will you still use MEW?  Do you think it is their responsibility what happened?  The hack that happened a couple months ago was bad enough, but now another one?  I find it hard to believe that their credibility will be salvaged after this.

Woow Brother that  bad. you must extra careful , Instal metamask first in Firefox or googlechrome and install addons Cryptonite by metacert and netcraft Extension to avoid web phishing  .
anti76

Activity: 730

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

You need to be very careful when you log in to your account as well as when using the browser.Never install any suspicious extensions in the browser you use to log into your wallet.
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:59:19 PM

I will still use Mew even though market goes bad and if the wallet is compromised with the hackers. Btw i use Metamask and Trust wallet to track my erc-20 token
I would love to share to you guys that Hardware wallet is the best option for holdings alts.
pejuang_mamak

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:16:33 PM

I will still use Mew even though market goes bad and if the wallet is compromised with the hackers. Btw i use Metamask and Trust wallet to track my erc-20 token
I would love to share to you guys that Hardware wallet is the best option for holdings alts.
hardware wallets are good although they require higher maintenance than online wallets, should be more alert to viruses that are now widely spread

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Truong Thu

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:49:52 AM

Fortunately, I have not been hacked yet. I deleted all the programs supported on Chrome, Hope my wallet MEW safe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: