Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Doge - Only 0 more blocks for Dogecoin rewards to halve. Doge has Halved!!  (Read 3787 times)
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:44:27 PM

Do you know which block will the halving happen? Thanks

Block 100,000

Thanks. Almost there in a few it seems
Benezivas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:48:12 PM

Just a quick question just in case I am missing something here:

How does a block-halfing correlate with a sharp increase in price, especially in the short-term? Do you think people will be willing to suddenly buy for double the price thinking "Only half of the block rewards from now on? Blimey! I should get ahead and buy for double the price accordingly!"
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:53:08 PM

How does a block-halfing correlate with a sharp increase in price, especially in the short-term? Do you think people will be willing to suddenly buy for double the price thinking "Only half of the block rewards from now on? Blimey! I should get ahead and buy for double the price accordingly!"

Yeah I feel should already be priced in. Markets are made of people and people anticipate upcoming changes and act accordingly, sometimes irrationally even but still. I think from a mining perspective, maybe this will dampen the enthusiasm in the multipools but yet to be seen

jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:54:55 PM

don't care.  bring me lizard coin.  the only coin catcoins will eat
FalconCrypto (OP)

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:58:56 PM

Thats right, it will happen in the next 5 to 6 hours!

Better buy in now, before take off. IMHO

To the Moon!

Edit: 344 301 254 blocks!

And then what?  What is the next thing I should be looking forward to?

Simple, if you are short term investor, start thinking about your exit point; long term investor, hold. Smiley

(As always, only invest in what you are willing to lose)

Short term long term I asked what is the next target?  I shouldn't hold something just because.  What is next for DOGE?

Best to do your own research mate.

Start here, and of course this forum.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/
http://foundation.dogecoin.com/
http://dogecoin.com/
FalconCrypto (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:01:58 AM

Yeah I feel should already be priced in. Markets are made of people and people anticipate upcoming changes and act accordingly, sometimes irrationally even but still. I think from a mining perspective, maybe this will dampen the enthusiasm in the multipools but yet to be seen

Maybe you're right, maybe nothing changes. Or not.
TPN

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:05:19 AM

Price drops after halving, and then goes up  Cheesy
flounderella

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:08:32 AM

Maybe you're right, maybe nothing changes. Or not.

What else are you going to mine if you want to pay off your GPU. BBQCoin? I think no.
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:19:47 AM

Simple.
try holding a basketball under water for a while then suddenly take your hand off the ball.
as is the case for a coin that is no longer the most profitable coin to mine,
all the "auto switching auto sell" pools will change to another coin,
you therefore have a massive lack of supply as compared with previously.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:33:41 AM

Well I'm seeing DOGE going to very 200.  See you there.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:47:46 AM

Will price rise after halving? How much?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pyds1977

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:57:06 AM

i withness this moment!!   Tongue Tongue
BaronVonBB

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 12:57:42 AM

Will price rise after halving? How much?

I'm guessing it will stay almost the same, maybe even dip a little due to cowardly Shibes selling, then start to go up steadily. This is the cheapest you'll see it from here on out.
FalconCrypto (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:09:17 AM

In anticipation of the initial dip, I may sell all my DOGE and then buy back in after trying to guess the bottom. But if it rises  5% higher then my selling price, I will get right back in. Good strategy? I don't know, we'll see.
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:09:50 AM

Well I'm seeing DOGE going to very 200.  See you there.
Such competitive price!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:10:07 AM

Price drops after halving, and then goes up  Cheesy

You will not see major price increases for 1 major fact, there is such a large amount of DOGE available to everyone that there is no demand for more DOGE.
The only price increases is by manipulation of the markets, no miners have that much control over the markets. Also a 2nd note, Doge was launched on certain exchanges in china, which in turn helped the price rise dramatically.

Blocks halving almost have little to do with the current standing.

Doge simply has too much inflation at the moment to make it worth anything. You would need a 2nd round of major adoptions to occur for the price to double once more.

Just my thought on it, and don't mention community or anything. We already saw what happened with the major first round stable price increase due to the community.

FalconCrypto (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:29:26 AM

You will not see major price increases for 1 major fact, there is such a large amount of DOGE available to everyone that there is no demand for more DOGE.
The only price increases is by manipulation of the markets, no miners have that much control over the markets. Also a 2nd note, Doge was launched on certain exchanges in china, which in turn helped the price rise dramatically.

Doge simply has too much inflation at the moment to make it worth anything. You would need a 2nd round of major adoptions to occur for the price to double once more.

Just my thought on it, and don't mention community or anything. We already saw what happened with the major first round stable price increase due to the community.

So added recent buyers in China, and rewards halving? That means demand is going up while supply is going down. Yup, price will be going up. But there will first be a dip and then steady rise, if recent history is any indicator.
tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:41:25 AM

So added recent buyers in China, and rewards halving? That means demand is going up while supply is going down. Yup, price will be going up. But there will first be a dip and then steady rise, if recent history is any indicator.

Buyers and china already got their fill on demand, demand last a very short period of time on crypto markets: Ex maxcoin, demand died out in less then 24 hours. Unless a 2nd coming of Doge mania is coming, i don't expect a 2-fold increase. That was the original statement, i never said Doge is going to die, or fail on my previous post above.

Doge's demand hit the a big climax when it hit the Chinese exchange. History is a good start and indicator, but in my opinion every alt-coin is under bitcoins wing, and bitcoin is tanking at the moment.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:47:57 AM

What to you think will happen to bitcoin prices in the long run?
tk808
Legendary

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:50:17 AM

What to you think will happen to bitcoin prices in the long run?

I don't know how low bitcoin will go, but if it gets under 500usd, you can expect there will be a massive buy-ins.

I think bitcoin will reach a new high-level, after all the drama that surrounds it subsides.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: