Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:36:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka  (Read 3181 times)
tkaush

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:55:24 AM

Bitcoin banns in Sri Lanka is not a surprise because Not just Bitcoin but most of cryptocurrencies face the same problem in most countries. Countries like United states are making restrictions and some are trying to completely ban every cryptocurrency usage locally to eliminate the existence of cryptocurrency forever

Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:14:08 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
Not only Sri Lanka 🇱🇰, but there are many more nations who has banned the crypto trading in their nation, and being the citizen of India, i am going through this thing because India 🇮🇳 is one of those countries who has banned crypto trading from their nation and the reason behind all this banning is the illegal use of bitcoin like in selling drugs, explosives and money laundering etc but the thing that all these countries needs to understand is that the illegal use of bitcoin can only be stopped when these countries starts keeping eye over bitcoin activities.
jacksonhen

Activity: 158
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:24:35 PM

Can you accompany the link that contains the news? or at least you tell where you know it.
There are some countries in Asia that allow bitcoin and some forbid it. But it should be noted that there are usually a number of things that are considered for the ban, whether temporary or permanent and the prohibition is about transactions and is not prohibited for commodities.
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:31:59 PM

no need to worry about the ban. A lot of countries and people constantly changed their minds about the crypto market. Many of them said that they will never use bitcoin, and now they are very actively promoting the development of the entire crypto system!
Charles_Summers

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Asia as a whole doesn't really seem to be buying all this stuff. I am left amazed. What would these rather small economies gain from this war against cryptocurrency? I guess they are just borrowing a leaf from the bigger Asian economies. But what they do not recognize is that they do not have some factors that are working for these other countries. I really don't see how this is a wise decision. No matter what the reason may be. Hopefully, they'll go back on this.
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:16:05 PM

I do not believe that is the truth. This is really bad news. It makes the e-money market suffer from severe consequences. There are many people worried about this.
marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:18:24 PM

I have no idea why they forbid it. But the prohibition of crypto money means to stay away from future technology. They think they are doing something good with this, but they are moving away from the technology of the future.
ANUKRAMAYON

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:09:56 PM

That is something happening in many countries and yet it hasn't stop and still continues like a trend due to governments and public organizational concern regarding the matter that if they allow Bitcoin to be use in there country the whole financial system might collapsed which is false accusation       
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:36:04 PM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
the state prohibits the existence of bitcoin in the country has a strong reason, maybe one of them the government is afraid of inflation on the country's currency
bapetdik

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:38:18 PM

Is this real news? Or just fake news? if that's true, then it will make bitcoin even more difficult to be accepted by other countries. This is bad news in my opinion. And surely it will cause a slight decrease in bitcoin. So we have to stay calm and don't panic.

Gontxi

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:42:01 PM

I think the reason is classic, bitcoin is a bubble. this reason is very classic in every ban in a country, but I believe Sri Lanka has no major influence on the virutal currency. so there are no effects that will affect crypto trading.
Em00n01

Activity: 737
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:47:34 PM

Very bad. I am from Bangladesh. Ours Central Bank also banned BTC. As far as I know, most of them don't know what is BTC or Cryptocurrency. Hope one day they will legal BTC.
Sohailul

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:52:35 PM

I think that actual reason is up and down cryptocurrency rate. So, may be sri Lanka's bank banned bitcoin. Moreover, many country totally prohibited bitcoin.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:01:14 PM

Another sad news to hear. Many countries are banning bitcoin and I think the reason of this is the continuous falling of bitcoin. I hope that the banning of bitcoin in some countries will stop because even the price is low many people in that country believes in bitcoin and they want to invest.
Menaka sandaruwan92

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:19:39 PM

bad news my frend.  Undecided Undecided Undecided last month sri lanka goverment speech bang of bitcoin sri lanka.now every sri lanka bank block crypto currency deposit...
cunese

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

BTC has been banned in many countries, and the 2017 BTC storm caused many investors to lose money because of BTC. So many countries banned the BTC.

telo_godog

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:18:46 PM

Is it true? does the government feel aggrieved by the digital currency ??
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

Bad news for us, and especially for the people around Sri Lanka, this is an opportunity for them to maximize the use of BTC, and unfortunately the government has warned the people who are using Bitcoin, it may be a warning sign but it is also a sign that the people should be staying away, before anything else happens, hopefully some things may improve, and may they not ban BTC.
Gontxi

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:47:38 PM

I think the ban on small countries like Sri Lanka will not have a big influence, especially on the market, I think the cause of the ban is a classic reason that is not different from other Asian countries.
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

For me, I think the reason of banning the cryptocurrency in Sri Lanka is the continuous falling of bitcoin price. I hope that the government of Sri Lanka will allow cryptocurrency because many people in that country wants to invest in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: