Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodling requires perseverance  (Read 645 times)
Adunni6758 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:24:58 PM
Merited by Tosyn2 (1)

Yes, it is true that perseverance is the mother of success. One of the toughest thing to do when it comes to crypto, is the ability to hold for long.
I had a discussion with a friend. We decided to hold our tokens, because we had fiat to fall back on peradventure there is any need for it.
Presently, it is a different story, we are now in need of fiat, but all the tokens we presently hold have dumped. If we sell now, we would sell at loss, but getting money without selling is quite difficult.
As a matter of fact, we are seriously deliberating on what to do, yet we kept on telling ourselves that "it's just for a while."
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:16:28 PM

Sincerely, there are times i sell some coins even when i am not in profit, just because i need money. One thing i ensure is not to sell at just any price, when i am not in need. Most times, i do not also sell all my coins at once. I only sell part amd keep the remaining.
cryptodalton

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:34:36 AM

There are many people who consider crypto currency as short term investment. Because of this, when the price gets lower, they start panicking and they sell it even if it provides loss. So, for before investing here, knowledge is very important as well as patience. Because holding moneyeveryone needs endurance which will bring success for the future.
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:38:10 AM

What you need to understand op is that there is always a risk involved with this volatile cryptocurrency market where coin and token values bounce up and down based on human emotion which is why you must always be prepared to lose all of your money. There is no guarantee in this market. It is easy to say 'HODL' though it is a lot tougher in reality due to the extreme market conditions, but the decision to HODL or sell is ultimately up to you.

yasuo632

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:47:46 AM

No matter what you do, you need to persevere. If you don't have this spirit, it's best not to do things because it is impossible to succeed. Although the cryptocurrency seems to need only to invest money, you can make money, but if you don't understand it, I think the loss will be more
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:18:30 AM

I think we should have to be perseverance and strong mind if we desire to make profits from holding cryptocurrebcies especially this time of falling and bearish market.  I have been holding lisk at I bought around $23 and currently it is below $6. I think if we hold for some years we will make profits from our perseverance.
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:20:20 AM

Yes, holders should be able to survive in poor market conditions, but why still hold it? make sure you have good reasons for it, personally I still hold because the projects from Cryptocurrencies that I invested have good progress in developing the project and I believe this market will recover and will grow again

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:24:12 AM

It's hard if you are new to holding for long term and what you are seeing with your holdings is that it's going down. You have to be tough during these tough times but it will be worth it once your holdings are starting to bloom again. If your tokens are already dumped and it's not that popular, it will be hard for you to recover. Hold on and be steadfast during these days, you are not the only one that's suffering the downness of the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:37:14 AM

Holding is not a big deal for me also for most people when find the right coin, but I am really curious how many coins in the market that worths to hold 3 years. Not more than 5 to me.
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:48:12 AM

It's hard if you are new to holding for long term and what you are seeing with your holdings is that it's going down. You have to be tough during these tough times but it will be worth it once your holdings are starting to bloom again. If your tokens are already dumped and it's not that popular, it will be hard for you to recover. Hold on and be steadfast during these days, you are not the only one that's suffering the downness of the market.
So many become crazy to see their portfolios have been decreasing a lot. the unfamiliar tokens have very low daily trade volume to liquidity our tokens as fast as possible. There is a big gap between sell and buy orders.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:54:35 AM

As log as you have picked a strong coin to invest with then holding for a long period of time is not a poor strategy just one that requries a good amount of patience to stick with. Some of the pump and dump coins do not make good coins to hold as if you buy at the wrong time you will simly be holding something of low value which may never recover. But the good coins will have their own cycles up and down and over time the values will gradually rise.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:21:14 PM

It also requires a lot of belief and a strong will to hodl rather than sell. If you believe that crypto is the future then you should accumulate as much as possible while it is relatively new, otherwise you will regret it for life

dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:24:53 PM

sodl
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:01:01 PM

Yes, this patience is really very important to hold the coin in bearish market. We show our perseverance and faith on crypto and hold it till the market goes up. The recent bearish condition prolonged much and it was really tough to wait so long. But at last we are going to get the benefits of being patient.
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:06:46 PM

I believe perseverance is good vital and important for token hodlers or portfolio developers
Because hodling tokens after the bearish market can be rough hard and difficult
Good concepts and idea from you
I implore all to exercise patience when hodling tokens and ensure  to sell at the right time of pump
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:08:39 PM

Most times, holding for long can screw one up. For instance, you bought bitcoin at $15k, and you kept holding thinking it was going to keep an upward trend forever and look at where we are today. It is always best to take profits when we see it and keep some percentage of our portfolio for long-term hodls and not hodl everything as it can get really tough and painful at some point.
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:47:03 PM

True. Without perseverance then you cannot be a successful holder. It is what gets you through all of the difficult times when prices dip more than anyone expected that they would. Along side perseverance, you would need to have a lot of belief in the project. You need to have faith that your holding will not be in vain and that the project would do well in the long run.
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:50:36 PM

True. Without perseverance then you cannot be a successful holder. It is what gets you through all of the difficult times when prices dip more than anyone expected that they would. Along side perseverance, you would need to have a lot of belief in the project. You need to have faith that your holding will not be in vain and that the project would do well in the long run.

Many times, not persevering in succeeding with the goals you set, you have to know if they have the future. Similar to cryptocurrency, you will have to know whether the altcoin you are holding in the future will succeed, or that a project will fail. Be a wise investor
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:52:38 PM

Imho hodl works only if you have good entry point, steel patience and made really good research about company you invested. It is not enough just something cheap on the market:)

jaythelingly

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

In recent times we see short time investors are increasing in this market. I suggest them when market price fall that time purchase coin and hold your coin some days/month. If price rise then seal your coin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: