Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2493 times)
Kjara

Activity: 322
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:43:47 AM

Sorry to hear. But MyEtherWallet (MEW) has nothing to do with Gmail or any other email. Unless you stored your Private Key in email box or remote drive, which is very unsafe.
Also a good practice is to spread your assets among few ETH wallets.
apityeh71

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:47:02 AM

To create MEW account is not need email address,  the possibility is the hacker hacked your private key and gmail account because your device is not clean from malware. So very important to use antivirus for your all device that use for login to the account of wallet or email. And also make sure you activated the 2 step verification for your email account.

mastadonballs

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:48:05 AM

Hacker will be able to hack your MEW wallet if you store your private key as a draft mail on your email Smiley. Beside I think you should have a official virus scanner then check to see if your computer is really clear or not Smiley. Beside, hacker hack MEW through hacking DNS of MEW so don't be supprised if you still got hacked if everything is fine.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:54:38 AM

I was also hacked by hacker , they hack your system so you should need to buy nano ledger for safe your tokens and coins , the only way to safe token and coin is nano ledger(hardware wallet)

jaja colleen

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platfor

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:56:11 AM

I also experienced the experience you have encountered now.there are many questions in my mind why I am hack that I did not give my PK to others but someone told me my MEW is hack because of phising links like email and airdrop links.so now I learned from my experience I was more careful now and I ignore the email that I am not familiar and if I joined in a airdrop I select the most trusted one.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
dangwapo311

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:00:07 AM

Thats just sad man, I can't imagine myself working so hard just to have someone hacked me and enjoy what I have earned. I am also a myetherwallet user for quite sometime now but I haven't have any issues at all. My savings are still intact so I don't know maybe a user error for you perhaps or maybe someone you know might have done it.
zanjerbits
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 01:10:23 AM

may be you installed some application in a way that the hacker can see your files or can operate your pc. reformat your device before attempting to make cash in again.

CRYZEN.COM | CRYPTOCURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING PLATFORM
⚫ Presale starts September 1st, 2018  ⚫
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 01:43:18 AM

sorry for your loss mate, i dont think so mew can be hacked by using email. in the first place you dont need an email to use mew. or maybe you stored your privatekeys in your email inbox or in your drafts. because no one can hacked mew if they dont have the private keys. or maybe youre using an infected computer. Maybe next time you need to use metamask to make sure your mew is safe. and always update your antivirus for the safety of your computer .

konflikkastil

Activity: 880

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 01:50:02 AM

yes, they hack through email and send phishing links, when you click the link then all the data on your computer will be detected by the hacker, for that don't open any email if you don't ask

cryptodoggie2689

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:56:30 AM

81 NEO , 1000 ONT, 3500 DBC, 5k MCT, 100 and other Nep 5 tokens gone at Neotracker

Good day to all.

I'm newbie in this forum and I am still depressed and suffering from sleepless nights due to this.

Just found out about few days ago that my 81 NEO , 1000 ONT, 3500 DBC, 100 APH, 5k MCT and other Nep 5 tokens are gone on my neotracker wallet. Made the ONT swap a week ago using the ontology app that was pinned on the official telegram channel and I don't know if it's the reason. Also I have entered my private key at neotracker.io and now all my tokes are gone, I always use the keystore file or private keys to open my wallet at neo tracker but this is the first time that this catastrophe to my life happened. Found history that tokens were transferred to this address AbburVQZV8GG3BQispiYowyqFQHSkGPUfd . are there any way to recover the funds or atleast freeze the address or bank account where it was transfered to?

These are my lifetime savings and I dont know what to do and how to go back up again Cry Cry Cry Cry. Here is my NEO public address Ad1agS8qdBqhCokJUXCPushepkBweySQJK. Please help me do recover the funds or atleast freeze the address it was sent to.

I'm a solid crypto believer specially NEO and ONT and I just can't believed this happened. I've already message the neo council, ontology council thru several social media platforms but no one responding. Seems like they don't care. . I've contacted recovermycrypto.com as well but they only cater to 100k USD and above.Please help me recover this tokens are atleast freeze it

Thank you, 
eduardo.edgar26@gmail.com
+639457730987
cityhall

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:24:15 AM

Sorry for your loss.  Hacker is a real thing.  Years ago, I google my email address and found out a website share hundreds facebook account complete with password including mine.  I don't know how they got my password because I always play safe with mine.   So, be extra careful with your account.  Maybe you can check how secure yours with this site: https://haveibeenpwned.com

⚡️ LECTRO.io ⚡️
✓ BLOCKCHAIN FOR POWER ✓ Modern Power Grid ✓ Energy Trading Platform ✓ More efficient
Hecquyn

Activity: 129
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:29:31 AM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

I think the gmail password is not related to losing your ETH. Unless you have stored a private key on Google Drive.
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:31:32 AM

I think you've made a big mistake.
You should not send your private key via Google, etc., which is a very dangerous thing. You should try to keep your private key away from the Internet.

Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:32:46 AM

I feel sorry for you that must be pretty devestating. Plain truth is that MyEtherWallet is almost impossible to hack, you must have given away your private keys in a phishing scam as that is how 99% of people lose their coins. I have spread mine between several wallets and use complicated and unique passwords for all of them.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
blazsqd

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:56:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. You are not the only one experiencing this kind of problem. I think MEW needs to improve their system in the future. Because some of my trading friends are also victims of hacking. But do not give up, just consider the incident as just a step forward towards a safer and more profitable future. Let's get back from the losses.
C0ld_Zero

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:02:17 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

That's sound bad. I have a little coin in MyEtherwallet too. Maybe we should not keep the coin in there. MyEtherwallet dont have security, no 2FA authentication. I will transfer my coin go to Exchange soon
Sier86

X-Block.io

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

This situation is really sucks,but do not give up, 5000 usd is big amount of money but easy recoverable is you do right investments. Forget about MEW, use MEtamaks, it is much more safe ,then MEW,at least for everyday transactions

X-Block.io
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:08:30 PM

That very strange! How can a pc hacked by an email! If it is real then I have to be more careful with my PC. Feeling very sorry for your loss and feeling fear about my wallet now. Hackers are one of the main problems for the cryptocurrency market. Buddy, think positive that there are many people who lost a huge money by the hackers. God gave you that money, GOD will give you again, just do your work properly. Good Luck.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
Fittinya12

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

It's a warning for other people, i've nearly entered my keys on a phishing site, the site looks nearly the same, keep checking the the Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:13:12 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2018, 01:58:37 PM by NEERAJ ANAND

After every few days the Myetherwallet account is hacked and it is running regularly. The best way to secure your coin is to have a hardware wallet in which you do not have a key and only you can do any transaction with the hardware wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: