Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
spopovss

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:11:01 PM

I do not understand how wallet was hacked by mail. Did you keep the private key in the mail? I think it's fishing, now there are many cases of hacking a purse, some say that before hacked into a purse comes 0.05 ETH.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

You're lucky to be warned but why did you not just transfer your coin instead of changing your password ? No online wallet is safe. It really hurts man. I hope it will be a lesson not just for you but also to everybody so none of us will did the same mistake. Do not put all your money in just one wallet.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
settingwake

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:19:48 PM

im sorry that happened to you. How they got access to your mail address tho? can you give us a little bit more detail?
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:22:26 PM

Have you stored your private key in your email? If you did it, it was really bad because it was stolen from your email. You should be more secure, save it in a safe place on the computer. However, I am also condolences and hope you will make a lot of money in the future
straightliteral

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:23:17 PM

i'm very sorry about your loss, but don't give up, just be sure to next time be more cautios!
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:04:40 PM

Whoa. this is always so painful to read. I'm genuinely sorry that you or anyone else got their account hacked, I really wish that there was something that could be done, but I doubt that there is any You should get a hardware wallet. I think that it will not be so easy for these hackers to get into that, and be careful with what you do with your important informations.
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

Very sad to hear it and I hope it will never happen to me and this is a lesson for all of us to be careful of MyEtherWallet.

Maybe it's better if you save your tokens in offline wallets like TREZOR and NANO Ledger.
arin_muah

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:11:04 AM

Indeed, a bummer to hear that scammers have managed to get access to your wallet and get away with your funds. This is one of the many reminders to other people that if you are holding a hefty amount of money in crypto, dont hesitate to purchase a hard-wallet or you could be the next victim.
I'm feeling sorry for that too, and I don't know how it's possible to hack MyEtherWallet by using your e-mail. In any case, it's better to make your e-mail security settings more strong via SMS or calls, not simply passwords. But lesson learned here mate. Be carefull and try to pay more attentions in this platform.
daviost

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:20:39 AM

I'm very sorry about your condition. but in my opinion i think you login your MEW not in real MEW address maybe in the phsising address so that's why they can get your private key or something else.
This is already happened, and Make it an experience. I know it's not a small amount for us when we already working hard to save but just let it go and keep fighting.
Don't believe anyone in this cryptoworld ^^ and try recheck everything before processing some transaction.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
Lionheart001

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:25:23 AM

So sorry for your loss mate. I was hacked last year too. It's quite a painful experience. I don't use MEW again since the hack and I am very careful about clicking unsolicited links in my mail. I added some extra security measures to email too. Be more careful next time. Cheers
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:25:59 AM

Its really sad to hear that.
If you want continue stay in crypto download myether from github generate wallet offline, and then send your fund to this wallet and when you need spend use only offline sending, its 100% safe method better then hardware wallet

efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:28:03 AM

The hacked incident has started to happen very often. investors are very afraid of this situation. I think the security level should be increased. this situation has to be blocked in some way.
cryptoAB.me

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:30:01 AM

Oh I am sorry but what I have notice is that most have the account that have gotten hacked are always myetherwallet and only few people have lost fund or tokens on imtoken due to them given out their private keys or given an encrypted message out. For me imtoken is the safest place to store erc20 tokens and ethereum ...
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:32:18 AM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

I feel you. I am once became a victim and stopped working while losing hope to live and start again. Thinking why it has happened though you are securing your private key and being careful to used it as wallet address to give on someone or while joining in campaigns.
Maybe you joined on airdrop before, sometimes it is the reason to get hack. Some airdrops are suspected to be like that using it to get in on someone's account. There is nothing to do with it. Start a be beginning and work again. Next time will be great and learned a lesson from what happened.

dmty.0809

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:33:40 AM

I am sorry to hear your story, I can only say, you must remain strong and be more diligent in making money again, if you are down then your life will be threatened, I have also experienced like you. I remain strong and do not give up. Keep on fire!
BlazingBlack_Dragon

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:33:58 AM

Sorry for your loss.

If your email was hacked, probably you saved your priv key in your email in plain text?
Always use an encrypted file and preferably not online, stored in a USB stick, that you just plug in when you need to retrieve your priv keys.

Better yet, get an authentic Ledger Nano. I got one when my crypto assets is more than 10x the price of the ledger Nano.
Sort of a rule of thumb to safeguard your assets.

Keep going... and don't stop. You will recover.
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:39:12 AM

I am also a victim of same, It is very bad experience because my MEW account also been hacked some month ago and someone stoled my all tokens, after that i purchased a trazor hardware wallet and kept my coins in it. i advise you to use trazor hardware wallet because it is best hardware wallet to kept our coins safe from hackers.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
vladdani

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:40:43 AM

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

I totally understand your loss. On the other hand, it is always important to understand that there are people that are in the even worse situation. For example, a few months ago I've lost more than $50k by being hacked. After all, we can only think about our mistakes and move further. Letting your hand down won't help you anyway.

Check my article where I highlighted how not to be hacked:
https://medium.com/@vladdani/how-i-lost-50-000-in-crypto-and-what-i-learned-489c53fb052b
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:43:20 AM

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
condolence with you. But I think this is a great experience. I think anyone with more than $ 1k should have a hard wallet to protect their account. I encourage people to buy hard wallet, Ledger. It is the safest wallet and investors will not worry about being stolen by hackers anymore.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Victorik

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:50:20 AM

I am sorry about the loss. That of my friend was equally hacked. And when he created a new account with same device, he was hacked again, so some programmers said he must have been hacked via his IP through some of the airdrops he filled. This has beaten my understanding as I can't understand how one can be hacked through their IP. Using Metamask to trade in a decentralized exchange remains one of the best options.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: