Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:09:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
biogesic

Activity: 168
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:34:34 AM

Yeah be careful mate, security is something I neglected too back then and I paid the price. Better be safe w/ a hardware wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhabuxxs

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 01:03:08 AM

thank you for the sad story you have posted on this forum. because with this incident we token holders will be more cautious again in securing our tokens. if necessary create a new wallet specifically to store all tokens to minimize hacking ..
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:19:26 AM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

If it was secured the way you told it was, then why is it still hacked? I have been in MEW for so many years now. But I haven't been hacked once. Maybe there's a problem where you secure it. Don't worry. Just don't give up. If you lost that much then you will be gaining more in the future.
Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:31:48 AM

What I know to prevent getting hack is to make our passwords secured. The first thing a hacker would do is to find our personal details which includes our email address. Then the hackers would find a way to unlock our passwords.

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:20:37 AM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry

This probably happened because you registered an account at a unsecure website with the same password as your email account. What these scammers do is test the password you register on their website against the email account you registered.

This happened to me before and this is why i always have different passwords for secure-looking and unsecure-looking websites. Also 2FA is always a good idea.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Sbdip

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:25:29 AM

How can someone hack myether wallet with your email?Huh I don't understand what you're saying.  Because my ether doesn't require any gmail.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:35:08 AM

What wallet are you using? a wallet that uses privatkey should not have the feature to change the pass, even if you use a wallet like an exchanger instead of after a password change we are not allowed to withdraw our funds for 24 hours. From what I know about your brief explanation it is possible that the email you received is fake that will direct you to the fake wallet website do you use.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:23:37 AM

This is so bad and i feel very sad as i know what it means for one to have all his savings taken away. It is overwhelming and suffocating. However, this is why security is a must in the crypto space. I had to move some of my funds to a hard wallet just to make sure that it is safe. So sorry for the loss but i believe you will recover

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:31:06 AM

That's clear Phising. And the possible victim you have is an email saying that your password has been changed. Because the MEW password is not changed. You may have placed your privatekey on the Phishing Site and that's why it was stolen as your private key.

So we should be careful because many hackers are now active.
My only advice is to use the Json file or metamask.
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:40:35 AM

Its also possible that you have entered a phishing site, I was a victim of this too and now Im racing with this hacker in transferring my newly distributed bounty tokens into my new ether wallet. Just be very careful next time mate and dont lose hope, you'll gain it again.
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:41:58 AM

you may get a phishing email, where the hacker sends fake warning emails from Google or exchanges containing links to change passwords or private key on fake websites made similarly to google or exchanges. so any activity that occurs on the fake website has been recorded by hackers.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:51:33 AM

How can someone hack myether wallet with your email?Huh I don't understand what you're saying.  Because my ether doesn't require any gmail.
If you store the private key of MEW account in your emails then hackers can get access to it whenever they successfully hack an account. That is why it is better to print out MEW on paper.
Also, avoid using public computers for personal use.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
TonyFat

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:16:07 AM

this is nonsense, when you create a wallet, you do not give your mail, and of course there is not your password in the mail, it's hard to tell how you were hacked, maybe it was a computer virus

..WOWSECRET..
Innovative Content Platform
..WOWCOINTWITTERTELEGRAM..
soooulliv77

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:55:19 AM

I wish you not to give up and find the strength to come back and earn even more. You only lost the first round.

MERITT   P  R  O  T  O  C  O  L   ❱❱    WHITEPAPER
Decentralized Fundraising & Token Issuance

███████   TWITTER               BITCOINTALK               TELEGRAM   ███████
prdn

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:03:26 AM

Ohh mate, I'm sorry for your loss money. I use hardware wallet to avoid such situations and I always feel safe. I hope you can regain what you lost again
barbero

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:15:29 AM

I know the feeling,im a victim too.My etherwallet were  hacked too last month.All my hard earned token gone.I feel very bad that I cant hide how sad am I to what happened.all my crypto friends help me transfer my token tto other wallet,but they say its already a bot eevrtime we sent eth to my wallet as gas the eth we sent will automatically  tranferred to another eth wallet.now im extra careful I dont easily click.link,I read and ask opinion for every email I received if its legit or a pishing link.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that bro. but my pardon , can you tell us which wallet are you using for ? because on your explanation above you are not give an overview are you using MEW or Exchange wallet ?.  for safety and security reason. please don't save your coin on exchange wallet because that's unsecure, then if you are using MEW, keep your private key In the safest place. and more safety if u store it on TREZOR or NANO LEDGER.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
quierx16

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:27:29 AM

I am very sorry for your lost. Use a very secure password next time. my account also was hack because I use lame password. Reformat your pc if possible maybe malware are installed in your pc. don't use any other pc than yours.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
arthur305

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:40:56 AM

SO sorry for your loss. Such cases funds are hardly recoverable. I will suggest you find out how the hack happened and take necessary precautions so it won't happen again.
waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:42:10 AM

I really sorry for your loss, I hope crypto will give you a chance to recover your losses and multiply your deposit in times. Good luck.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: