Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I am Victim Now! Myetherwallet got Hacked  (Read 2490 times)
kgrsameera

Activity: 198
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:08:03 PM

I think you got phished by someone. To be safe Do not trust messages or addresses or URLs sent via private message. Use a hardware wallet to secure your Eth and tokens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akashark (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:13:15 PM

It feels so bad. But can you tell us in detail what you think you did. I mean in detail so that the rest of the community can learn and i really hope that you get some good rewards. I got scammed around 2 years back and lost around 25k USD .  but i am hopeful that i'll recover in the crypto world.

Actually, I really can't imagine why my wallet got hacked. Because As I Remembered, I did not click any suspicious link, haven't clicked any fake Airdrop link. My Private key was safe enough. Then how can hackers hacked my wallet! I Really don't know how is it possible. Before hacked, I did an Airdrop but that was very good Airdrop, which name is NOBS Crypto. My friends and Brothers are telling that Hacker used my email to hack my wallet but how can they hack by an email. I really helpless about it.

akashark (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:19:45 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't even tell you how much it hurts. The only step I took to secure my funds was to buy a hardware wallet and use several wallets, as it is very dangerous to keep everything on one. And still there is a wallet on which I have most of my money and I am very afraid. MEW needs to make more safe wallet!!!

I was planning to buy a hardware wallet. I Always suggested everyone secure their wallet. Because I never thought my wallet can be the hack too. Now I am regretting if I bought a hardware wallet before. And that was my big mistake to keep everything in one wallet. How can I recover my funds? Oh, I can't think anything.

Fugaga

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:20:57 PM

Oh, I was so shocked and disheartened in reading this post, just take heart and bounce back from the loss, I was also hacked around January but not with huge amount like yours. Please learn to keep your private key so important, it's very Germaine and tantamount to our security for us not to get hacked.
SexForCryptos

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:22:39 PM

This is truly a sad story. If the hackers have got access of your gmail, did you store any password inside your email box, perhaps in a message to yourself? Just trying to figure out what could have happened...

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  Ico.Rasputinmansion.Com  [  ICO is L I V E ! 
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:30:06 PM

I was planning to buy a hardware wallet. I Always suggested everyone secure their wallet. Because I never thought my wallet can be the hack too. Now I am regretting if I bought a hardware wallet before. And that was my big mistake to keep everything in one wallet. How can I recover my funds? Oh, I can't think anything.

Please, do not blame yourself. You're not the only one getting into this kind of trouble. People really lose a lot of crypto now, they get hacked, phished, scammed, forget their keys, etc... Don't give up, you can't make really big money without losing money as well, so consider it as just a step forward to more secure and profitable future.

akashark (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:32:19 PM

That is a horrible situation to be in, if you could help us out and give a bit more detail on what happened.  Was it a phishing email you clicked on to change your password and they gained access to your account that way?  were your keys stored in your google account.

I really can't think how can they access my wallet. I did not click any suspicious email. I was very aware of it. Maybe they hacked my Gmail. But even I don't know how can they hacked my email where I have added my phone number there. I stored little wallet keys in my drive but the store MEW Address where I saved my most of the coin, that private key was very safe. But hacker hacked my all accounts. I really can't think what happened with me.

krakovich

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:38:13 PM

Honestly, I still do not understand how the message is related to the MEW wallet. Please explain this to me. it's unfortunate that you lost money, but most likely you are to blame for this, or rather, you were inattentive somewhere.
Perka

Activity: 182
Merit: 78

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:42:06 PM

I think that this is another deception that would manipulate prices in the market.Just as the price can not fall.Here is and have come up with ,that would lower price!This shouldn't believe everything they say!
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:43:21 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
Did hear about some DNS hijacking taking place few months back then. But they fixed it so it is actually something else let lead hackers to steal your money. Are you sure your computer is free from any kind of viruses or malwares? You sure you were never phished? I would recommend you to do a full computer scan and make sure you are free from all kind of viruses.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
piterpie

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:44:42 PM

Sadly, hackers can still attack people on their MEW wallets. I also think the wallet MEW is completely secure and just do not disclose information about Private Key or Keystore file. But maybe I was wrong
biggNY

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:51:03 PM

I don't know how I Explain my feelings. I Just lost all of my savings money. I was holding since January, I have been Holding to make again a good amount of Money. But at the end, my holding's output is, I lost everything because of my ETH wallet got hack! Almost 5K USD Stolen. All of my hard working money. I Don't know how can hacker hacked my wallet. Because I Kept very secure my private key, My friends are telling that hacker hacked my wallet by my email address. But how can someone hack only by an email address?

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
If you can tell in more detail what exactly happened, whether you  follow any links or how an attacker could get your key. We all together try to understand what happened.

Hm, there are not that many ways of getting your wallet hacked:

- Private-Key/Recovery-Phrase are stored on a PC which got infected by malware and is connected to the internet [Keystore-File would also be possible but in this case the attacker needs to get the password in addition to the keystore-file to get access...]
- Phishing-'Attack'
- Sharing of Private-key, recovery-phrase or keystore-file+password with a someone else

I'd really urge everyone to get a hardware-wallet like the Ledger Nano S or signing transactions offline using MyEtherWallet.

[Guide] MyEtherWallet Offline Transactions [click me!]

can I ask what do you mean by phishing attack? I hear that term everywhere, but am not really sure what to look out for... because from the above 3 possibilities only this one might apply to me. I dont store my private key in computer and dont share it with anyone too. also by signing transaction online you mean disconnet computer from internet, type in private key and then connect to internet and hit enter kind of thing? thanks

so soryy, akashark to hear this horrible news. really hope you can get passed this

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
KobbyD

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:52:27 PM

What you are going through now, is unexplainable. You have lost what you have taken some many months to build up. SORRY. But it will be a very mistake for you to quite. Please don't quit. Motivate yourself and create a new wallet now, get to work and thing will be alright.
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:08:44 PM

It's the reason why number of person whom buy hardware wallet like Trezor or ledger nano is increasing really quickly Smiley. You should buy it to keep your crypto safe Smiley. Beside don't use VPN cause it's the most popular way for hacker to hack your wallet Smiley. You also should avoid using decentralized exchange which require you to enter your wallet Private key like ETD, Forkdelta or IDEX, if you wanna use, you should create a new wallet and send token to.

Thanks a lot for the advice Cool. I was wondering what was the safer way to use these exchanges and you just gave the solution. So I'll create a "transition wallet" and I'll use it between my wallet and the exchange.

Akashark, I feel very sorry for you and hope you'll be lucky in your next trades/investments to recover your stole funds.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:17:15 PM

Sorry to hear this sad development,take heart,most surely you will make it back.This is is a lesson to get yourself a hardware wallet which is by far the most secure wallet to hold your tokens and funds.

Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:56:29 PM

I understand you. And I feel very sorry for you. Since I gave a hacker and also lost my money. You need to be more careful in those places where you enter your secret wallet key. Since this can be a phishing link.
Maxbold123

Activity: 78

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 11:05:37 PM

The is one of the story I hate hearing from people. I feel so sorry for your loss. Sometimes this happen and there is nothing that can be done about it. However, if you try to put in check your wallet security measure, you may be able to prevent a recurrence in the future.
Piranha1

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:12:59 PM

I Got a security alert from Google that someone has your password after then I changed my password immediately. Then after some time, I was checking my wallet to check new Coin. And then I Shocked! I Just want to give up, can't think what should I do  Cry
I can relate to your feelings now bro. I also have the same experience with and there is nothing that we can do for now with your lost money. Next time be sure to provide security to your wallet.
trobbert

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:17:44 PM

Have you used free VPN or forkdelta or idex web site? I've lost like 500$ last month and it seems to me that I entered private key on fake decentralised exchange like forkdelta. Web address was quite similar and that's it. Explore your computer and tell us what was the way to hack you
bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:23:47 PM

Just the same as what has happened to me at myetherwallet. My assets were just around $1000 lower, is stolen by someone. I checked this wallet and got surprised. It was really a hacker not just an ordinary person. His/her wallet was full of receiving erc20 based tokens and ethereum. That wallet was a nightmare not just for me but for everyone that were also hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: