Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:46:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which kind of tarp is it?  (Voting closed: February 21, 2014, 04:32:58 PM)
Bull tarp - 46 (49.5%)
Bear tarp - 47 (50.5%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $713, stamp is batshit insane. Bull trap or bear trap?  (Read 5690 times)
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:10:26 AM

This is good,  bitstamp artificially raises prices and we sell bitcoin at good price.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:44:31 AM

I get HODL... That was a funny post of a drunk dude who was venting on the forum. I get how that has some legacy value. But tarp? Just seems like people are trying to make another version of HODL. Doesn't make me angry or anything, and not to be all high and mighty, but tarp just seems immature

What are you talking about? Nobody can "make" tarp, it's already a meme, it's been a meme on the internets since, well, since memes were invented. It's the classic "admiral ackbar":

This is the real problem; september.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:08:09 AM

Definite bull trap, buyers past $700 got suckered into thinking it was taking off. At some point avg Joe is going to get tired of this shit and the only ones left playing will be the pros and the whales.
This stagnant $660 on Bitstamp reeks of another dive soon.
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:35:32 AM

Currently bitcoin has still this halo around it that it actually is the answer against global banking. That halo is the main thing that attracted new investors. When people realize that bitcoin is not the answer, but only was a small step in finding an answer, then everyone will lose interest.

Very interesting take on Bitcoin in both posts.

For me, Bitcoin lost its 'Fight The Man' halo just as I began to learn precisely how cornered, manipulated, and generally crooked and open to shark attacks the Bitcoin market is. The only real world economic businesses (i.e. not speculators) that would ever be likely to tolerate transacting in a currency so volatile and so uncertain would be Black/Grey markets where more conventional methods of payment are not such a viable alternative. Unfortunately since the capture of the legend Ross Ulbricht (he was/is a legend imo), I am beginning to doubt whether a large scale black market face will ever operate again without the operators being overcome with the temptation to simply rob everyone blind and fuck off with a big sack of coin.

I also believe that Bitcoin will one day give way to a better designed more functional solution (probably controlled by The Man), but that there is plenty possibility for future growth yet.

I also agree, that the black/grey market part won't flourish in the western countries. But it could do wonders in south- or central-America. This is the goal on what bitcoin investors should be focusing on. Let others pretend that bitcoin is what it isn't, but have a strong grip on reality yourself as an investor.
Cryptos have a future, and whoever will control this sector will be called "The Man" no matter what. In my vision, power shifts from banking families to more newly created software companies. Updates in the works of society won't make anything better per se, but it will shift power from one hands to another.
DaFockBro

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:36:52 AM

It's going to get stuck at $696.969 for a few weeks.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:54:58 AM

I think next week is going to be us, stuck at just-sub $700, unless Mt. Gox opens up BTC withdraws and does so with flying colours.

evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:10:21 AM

Definite bull trap

A false signal indicating that a declining trend in a stock or index has reversed and is heading upwards when, in fact, the security will continue to decline.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bulltrap.asp
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:12:03 AM

Definite bull trap

A false signal indicating that a declining trend in a stock or index has reversed and is heading upwards when, in fact, the security will continue to decline.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bulltrap.asp

Define definite.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:26:31 AM

Oops, misread that as "define bull trap".  *shrugs*
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:43:48 AM

Oops, misread that as "define bull trap".  *shrugs*

Wink

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 06:26:40 AM

Definite bull trap, buyers past $700 got suckered into thinking it was taking off. At some point avg Joe is going to get tired of this shit and the only ones left playing will be the pros and the whales.
This stagnant $660 on Bitstamp reeks of another dive soon.

Buy and hold, then even getting in over $700 will pay off.  Depending on your time scale, every trap is a bear trap.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:11:48 PM

We have general problem with bitcoin price,
Bitstamp is resolve problems with withdraw, but the price continues to fall !

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/

Why ?

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:31:14 PM

We have general problem with bitcoin price,
Bitstamp is resolve problems with withdraw, but the price continues to fall !

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/

Why ?

Cos there is a decreasing appetite for Bitcoin at these prices as the thrills of the Bitcoin bull-run becomes an increasingly distant memory.

Because an increasing number of Bitcoiners are getting tired of being pulled into these sucker rallies only to be forced to realise irrecoverable losses 5 minutes later.

Because an increasing number of people are seeing Bitcoin steadily but surely slip down the price range and are asking 'What really is Bitcoin?' (vapour)

Bitcoin is going down and it needs to go down and then stagnate for the sake of its own health. Bitcoin's is intended to be used as a currency, not as a speculative roller coaster. We need to see some price action more suited to it being actually spent into the economy of real things. That for me is a relatively stable/stagnant price, which slowly declines in order to discourage hoarding. What should happen and what will happen are two different things however.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: