Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:26:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which kind of tarp is it?  (Voting closed: February 21, 2014, 04:32:58 PM)
Bull tarp - 46 (49.5%)
Bear tarp - 47 (50.5%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $713, stamp is batshit insane. Bull trap or bear trap?  (Read 5690 times)
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Bought @ 630 (didn't have access to Gox prices, as usual).   

I see this as probably having been the best buying opportunity in recent months. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:10:42 PM

I think we will go back to $500 range in the next 4-6 weeks. Even if for just a day or two...it is coming.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:17:39 PM

Might be tonight, $700 was very brief. Seven day chart sure looks like a continuing bear trend - I'm probably wrong though, as usual.
ManInIron

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:47:58 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/2nvfax3.jpg
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 09:08:15 PM

The current trend will probably continue this cycle... slow downfall - fast drop - sudden spike up - another slow downfall..
I think that's because the biggest investors are moving out. If you were holding 10 000+ BTC, then this method would be the most profitable way to get out with relatively good profit.
I predict that this will continue until 200-300$ when it will settle with couple of months of stability. There won't be another stable boom without opening new markets with decent volumes. I think that bitcoin has 1-2 bubbles still left in it before it dies. Another step is probably south-America, but it takes some time to market bitcoin to the people there. News articles have to be bought, officials have to be bribed, amazing success stories have to be told...

dream on. The most prophitable way out for whales would be just selling slower than the new entrants rate. And just that would need no PR and it would keep price rising. Now any insider has a reason to not rock the boat -unless he's an insider of something much bigger.

+1. I'm not a whale, but a good-sized fish and that's the only way you'll get my coins.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:11:11 PM

Sorry if Im being dense but whats a tarp

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:19:06 PM

=trap. we're all getting slightly dyslexic.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:20:49 PM

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:21:31 PM

HODL
SODL
SHOTR
TARP
etc

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:42:16 PM

=trap. we're all getting slightly dyslexic.

Oh, I was thinking bailout, lol.

kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:43:41 PM

The current trend will probably continue this cycle... slow downfall - fast drop - sudden spike up - another slow downfall..
I think that's because the biggest investors are moving out. If you were holding 10 000+ BTC, then this method would be the most profitable way to get out with relatively good profit.
I predict that this will continue until 200-300$ when it will settle with couple of months of stability. There won't be another stable boom without opening new markets with decent volumes. I think that bitcoin has 1-2 bubbles still left in it before it dies. Another step is probably south-America, but it takes some time to market bitcoin to the people there. News articles have to be bought, officials have to be bribed, amazing success stories have to be told...

dream on. The most prophitable way out for whales would be just selling slower than the new entrants rate. And just that would need no PR and it would keep price rising. Now any insider has a reason to not rock the boat -unless he's an insider of something much bigger.

This would only work if bitcoin demand would be steady at least. But demand is dropping, so there is no time to mess around. It's simple for small investors, just sell and you are out. Not so easy to move out when you are a big investor.
There are two types of whales, those who dream big things for bitcoin and those who have invested money just to get some kicks out of taking risks. These other types don't know much about bitcoin and they don't care, they just saw the growing demand in China and made their decision based on that.
Now, it's certain that the chinese market is dead and there are no new markets with decent volume to show any signs of rising demand. That is why those want out who don't care much about bitcoin in general.

News like overstock accepting bitcoin are just news based on hot air, when you consider the future value of bitcoin. Only thing that gives certain value to bitcoin is rising demand. The EU/US markets have been saturated and not much more potential can be made. Most already know about bitcoin and have decided if they want in or not.
Only place left to market bitcoin where to expect demand is south- and central America. And I agree that this region is very potential for bitcoin since lawlessness and corruption actually suits bitcoin very well. The thing that is worrying tho is that you can't see any steps that are taken to enter this market. I think the same thing is worrying those passive investors who now want out. Without taking S/C-America, bitcoin will just slowly die because there is very little potential left in EU or US.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

The US and EU is saturated? Gosh.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:50:46 PM

LOL. I was shocked to learn this as well.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:58:51 PM

lol

It hasn't even really begun here.

CoinBase buy interest is huge... The price spread is so high considering historical figures...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

Yes they are saturated. You could see that after the 2013 April crash, when the price started to gain momentum only after bitcoin was covered on a popular Chinese news program.
People decide their attitude towards bitcoin really quick and that attitude tends to be radical, either they see future of liberty or they see a malignant pyramid scheme. You will rarely meet people who thought one at first and changed their mind later.
So the main factor is where bitcoin is known. In EU/USA bitcoin has been cover by the media so much, that there are very little people who actually haven't heard about bitcoin. There is not much potential left because you won't convert those people pro-bitcoin who don't want to have anything to do with bitcoin. Only way forward is to take on markets where bitcoin is less known.
What most of the bitcoin cult followers fail to understand that bitcoin will never be a serious financial tool. It will never be a widely used currency because it lacks the main thing that makes a quality currency: PRICE STABILITY. And increased market cap. won't bring this stability either, because it will only attract players with deeper pockets and better knowledge on how to manipulate an unregulated market. And because of this, bitcoin price will never be stable.
It's better to take bitcoin as it is, an innovative gambling platform. Only way for it to grow is by finding new people who are willing to gamble.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:08:10 PM

I'm sure general enthusiasm will fall into a slumber for a while. In the meantime there'll be ever more exciting developments ready to put the next wave on a more solid footing.

At best Bitcoin has been a fleeting news item that the majority probably half listened to before going back to chewing their dinner. There's still just a teensy bit more potential in first world places.

My bold prediction is that within five years at least 0.1% more people will be interested in Bitcoin than they are now.
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:16:15 PM

I'm sure general enthusiasm will fall into a slumber for a while. In the meantime there'll be ever more exciting developments ready to put the next wave on a more solid footing.

At best Bitcoin has been a fleeting news item that the majority probably half listened to before going back to chewing their dinner. There's still just a teensy bit more potential in first world places.

My bold prediction is that within five years at least 0.1% more people will be interested in Bitcoin than they are now.

I keep my interest in bitcoin and the crypto market pretty much a secret, since I know that people see me as an victim of an pyramid scheme or just cultist. To only a few open minded ones, I can explain that I know that the bitcoin market system is basicly a pyramid scheme but the entire idea does have potential. That bitcoin is basicly a get-rich-quick pyramid scheme but there is a future in decentralized privatized monetary systems that are built on the development of information technology.
My prediction goes that bitcoin life-cycle has 1-2 bubbles left in it. Thats about 1-2 years before it just slowly dies. Currently bitcoin has still this halo around it that it actually is the answer against global banking. That halo is the main thing that attracted new investors. When people realize that bitcoin is not the answer, but only was a small step in finding an answer, then everyone will lose interest.
As I have said before, I hope that there will be a crypto that tackles all bitcoins faults that make it impossible for it to become a serious financial tool. The best ending would be that the end of bitcoin isn't the end of crypto, but that value just flows from one crypto to an more advanced one.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:23:38 PM

Hmmm

Most posts in the Speculation forum are bearish by now.

Hmmm

I've seen that before

Hmmm

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:54:24 PM

Currently bitcoin has still this halo around it that it actually is the answer against global banking. That halo is the main thing that attracted new investors. When people realize that bitcoin is not the answer, but only was a small step in finding an answer, then everyone will lose interest.

Very interesting take on Bitcoin in both posts.

For me, Bitcoin lost its 'Fight The Man' halo just as I began to learn precisely how cornered, manipulated, and generally crooked and open to shark attacks the Bitcoin market is. The only real world economic businesses (i.e. not speculators) that would ever be likely to tolerate transacting in a currency so volatile and so uncertain would be Black/Grey markets where more conventional methods of payment are not such a viable alternative. Unfortunately since the capture of the legend Ross Ulbricht (he was/is a legend imo), I am beginning to doubt whether a large scale black market face will ever operate again without the operators being overcome with the temptation to simply rob everyone blind and fuck off with a big sack of coin.

I also believe that Bitcoin will one day give way to a better designed more functional solution (probably controlled by The Man), but that there is plenty possibility for future growth yet.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:08:11 AM

bat trap
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: