Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which kind of tarp is it?  (Voting closed: February 21, 2014, 04:32:58 PM)
Bull tarp - 46 (49.5%)
Bear tarp - 47 (50.5%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $713, stamp is batshit insane. Bull trap or bear trap?  (Read 5690 times)
BitcoinAshley (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:32:58 PM

Yeah, Stamp is going crazy, after hitting $538 yesterday we're already back above $700. Which kind of tarp do you think this is? Gogogo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

Classic bull trap.

A LOT OF NEGATIVE NEWS past few weeks. It took WEEKS to go down to this price, and it suddenly, within a few minutes, goes back up? What's the reason? Gox isn't fixed, stolen Bitcoins from Silk Road 2.0 are not returned, USA has not regulated Bitcoins, it's still banned in Russia & China. So why this rise? There is no logic reason for it. Everyone just decided to buy, at the same time?

Classic bull trap.

Remember people, we're heading towards the capitulation stage. This ''rise'' will follow by an epic dump, greater than the $102 sell-off at BTC-e recently.

Don't jump on this train, this train isn't going anywhere.

Even the Titanic went up before it went down... forever.

Or buy. Or sell. I don't really care if you lose money or not. I know I don't want to lose money. So I sold Smiley.
BitcoinAshley (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:36:30 PM

It looks like the results are already in... back to $683. Sorry bulls! Better luck next time. Cool
sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

Tarp?
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:37:51 PM

I hope there's another dip in the sub $650s during this weekend when people move their coins out of GOX and dump it in other exchanges, or take profits from the recent dips.

I was about to buy some at $635 this morning... just as I was about to press the submit button I decided to wait a few hours instead.... STUPID!!

Honestly I think we'll be around $750-800+ after this weekend

It looks like the results are already in... back to $683. Sorry bulls! Better luck next time. Cool

this is only a tiny dip... it was less than $630 this morning... watch the price go up more when GOX confirms their good news... but hopefully we'll see some dips this weekend

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:38:08 PM

I thought a bear trap was when there's a sell off and bears are induced into selling since they believe it will go lower, but it reverses, and a bull trap is when there's a brief rally, and bulls think it'll go higher so they buy but it reverses down. If that's correct, can't this only qualify as a bull trap? Cheesy
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

Tarp?

Immature spelling of 'trap'.
One of the reasons why Bitcoin will never succeed. It's community is made-up of adults who behave like 12 year olds.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:39:09 PM

Yeah, Stamp is going crazy, after hitting $538 yesterday we're already back above $700. Which kind of tarp do you think this is? Gogogo

I amn't voting cos I honestly don't know.

Still lots of danger out there. Exchanges which probably don't have the Bitcoins they think or say they do (I suspect we can add Bitfinex and BTC-E to that list), and there are apparently over ten thousand coins that have been stolen (inside job or not) from Silk Road which may be hitting an exchange near you, soon. However, this recovery has happened on as high volume as since the $380 bounce on Dec 18th. If this isn't a bullish indicator, I don't know what is.

If Stamp can hold above $700 by the time a few indicators (MACD, RSI, KDJ which are presently maxed out, tell me it is a good time to buy again, I shall be entering the market and tentatively changing my stance from bear, to 'investor', if not out and out 'bull'. In the time it has taken for me to type this, Bitstamp is now back down at $680, but I amn't interested in these 'cheap' coins. I will let the big players decide which way this is going to go and then hop on for the ride if the going looks good.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:39:51 PM

Tarp?

One of the reasons why Bitcoin will never succeed. It's community is made-up of adults who behave like 12 year olds.

Of which you're the mascot.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

This is just a trap.

MtGox is controlled by MtGox only. They are buying up coins on MtGox and dumping elsewhere.
This will continue to go on until Mark decides it's enough and make up an excuse to close MtGox & get away with it.
All bitcoin exchanges are shady, there is no trust left.

If you buy now, you may as well just send me your coins. It's the same thing; guaranteed that you will lose your coins to someone else.
BitcoinAshley (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

Tarp?

Confirmed.

Also, looks like they're testing $700 again so we'll see if I've spoken too soon...
sir faps

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:45:43 PM

I get HODL... That was a funny post of a drunk dude who was venting on the forum. I get how that has some legacy value. But tarp? Just seems like people are trying to make another version of HODL. Doesn't make me angry or anything, and not to be all high and mighty, but tarp just seems immature
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:48:12 PM

99% of BTC memes are wholly idiotic.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:50:55 PM

I amn't voting cos I honestly don't know.

Still lots of danger out there. Exchanges which probably don't have the Bitcoins they think or say they do (I suspect we can add Bitfinex and BTC-E to that list), and there are apparently over ten thousand coins that have been stolen (inside job or not) from Silk Road which may be hitting an exchange near you, soon. However, this recovery has happened on as high volume as since the $380 bounce on Dec 18th. If this isn't a bullish indicator, I don't know what is.

If Stamp can hold above $700 by the time a few indicators (MACD, RSI, KDJ which are presently maxed out, tell me it is a good time to buy again, I shall be entering the market and tentatively changing my stance from bear, to 'investor', if not out and out 'bull'. In the time it has taken for me to type this, Bitstamp is now back down at $680, but I amn't interested in these 'cheap' coins. I will let the big players decide which way this is going to go and then hop on for the ride if the going looks good.

He's going to go full "Bulltard" on us! This I can't wait to see.  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:08:25 PM

Classic bull trap.

A LOT OF NEGATIVE NEWS past few weeks. It took WEEKS to go down to this price, and it suddenly, within a few minutes, goes back up? What's the reason? Gox isn't fixed, stolen Bitcoins from Silk Road 2.0 are not returned, USA has not regulated Bitcoins, it's still banned in Russia & China. So why this rise? There is no logic reason for it. Everyone just decided to buy, at the same time?

Classic bull trap.

Remember people, we're heading towards the capitulation stage. This ''rise'' will follow by an epic dump, greater than the $102 sell-off at BTC-e recently.

Don't jump on this train, this train isn't going anywhere.

Even the Titanic went up before it went down... forever.

Or buy. Or sell. I don't really care if you lose money or not. I know I don't want to lose money. So I sold Smiley.

This post was looking pretty legit until I saw who wrote it  Tongue

I will agree that it'll probably drop again before it rises any remarkable amount.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
CrusaderTim

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:43:04 PM

Keep saying it's a trap, cheap coins are no more!
To da moon!
BitcoinAshley (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:49:41 PM

I get HODL... That was a funny post of a drunk dude who was venting on the forum. I get how that has some legacy value. But tarp? Just seems like people are trying to make another version of HODL. Doesn't make me angry or anything, and not to be all high and mighty, but tarp just seems immature

What are you talking about? Nobody can "make" tarp, it's already a meme, it's been a meme on the internets since, well, since memes were invented. It's the classic "admiral ackbar":

kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:03:42 PM

The current trend will probably continue this cycle... slow downfall - fast drop - sudden spike up - another slow downfall..
I think that's because the biggest investors are moving out. If you were holding 10 000+ BTC, then this method would be the most profitable way to get out with relatively good profit.
I predict that this will continue until 200-300$ when it will settle with couple of months of stability. There won't be another stable boom without opening new markets with decent volumes. I think that bitcoin has 1-2 bubbles still left in it before it dies. Another step is probably south-America, but it takes some time to market bitcoin to the people there. News articles have to be bought, officials have to be bribed, amazing success stories have to be told...
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:37:57 PM

over 1000 by end of month Wink

ok
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:50:15 PM

The current trend will probably continue this cycle... slow downfall - fast drop - sudden spike up - another slow downfall..
I think that's because the biggest investors are moving out. If you were holding 10 000+ BTC, then this method would be the most profitable way to get out with relatively good profit.
I predict that this will continue until 200-300$ when it will settle with couple of months of stability. There won't be another stable boom without opening new markets with decent volumes. I think that bitcoin has 1-2 bubbles still left in it before it dies. Another step is probably south-America, but it takes some time to market bitcoin to the people there. News articles have to be bought, officials have to be bribed, amazing success stories have to be told...

dream on. The most prophitable way out for whales would be just selling slower than the new entrants rate. And just that would need no PR and it would keep price rising. Now any insider has a reason to not rock the boat -unless he's an insider of something much bigger.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: