Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Current ICO's rating systems. What do you think?  (Read 601 times)
Ahooleeman (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:43:52 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 11:59:37 AM by Ahooleeman

What do you guys think of the current ICO's rating system? Are you satisfied/happy? Do you think it reflects the real projects value? Does it help you to find right ICO's to invest to? What do you think about experts (even very well known ones) who provide corrupted ratings?
There are way too many questions. Let's discuss)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trangoccho

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:48:02 AM

It is also a way to help you evaluate it, but it is not comprehensive. To evaluate a project you must evaluate both the operator, the technology, and the idea of the project. The key is whether it will increase in the near future to take profit
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

Most of the sites that depend on reviews, I wouldn't trust icobench because their ratings are pretty bad.
ICODROPS has an excellent rating, which is worth believing.

Ahooleeman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 10:56:22 AM

Most of the sites that depend on reviews, I wouldn't trust icobench because their ratings are pretty bad.
ICODROPS has an excellent rating, which is worth believing.

have you faced with corrupted experts ratings problem?

Ahooleeman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 11:05:14 AM

It is also a way to help you evaluate it, but it is not comprehensive. To evaluate a project you must evaluate both the operator, the technology, and the idea of the project. The key is whether it will increase in the near future to take profit
Do you think there are resources where you can find the information that you can rely on?

Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:39:55 AM

What do you guys think of the current rating system? Are you satisfied/happy? Do you think it reflects the real projects value? Does it help you to find right ICO's to invest to? What do you think about experts (even very well known ones) who provide corrupted ratings?

Well In my mind you should have atleast make a point out of what? Is it an about ICO? an reaction and ratings where? The website the positive reviews of the token or the platform or an outcome of one results?

Clearly sometimes it depends all have positive results by giving good endorsement giving out the positive maybe they got paid for that ratings or comments. Still if you think its fake just report it but make research because truly your making that topic, I agreed with with the people who wants to know were did you get that idea? Or is ot just out of the bloom
Ahooleeman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 12:01:25 PM

What do you guys think of the current rating system? Are you satisfied/happy? Do you think it reflects the real projects value? Does it help you to find right ICO's to invest to? What do you think about experts (even very well known ones) who provide corrupted ratings?

Well In my mind you should have atleast make a point out of what? Is it an about ICO? an reaction and ratings where? The website the positive reviews of the token or the platform or an outcome of one results?

Clearly sometimes it depends all have positive results by giving good endorsement giving out the positive maybe they got paid for that ratings or comments. Still if you think its fake just report it but make research because truly your making that topic, I agreed with with the people who wants to know were did you get that idea? Or is ot just out of the bloom

I corrected the topic subject thank you. The question is definitely about current ICO's rating system.

danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:04:57 PM

They all seem absolutely terrible or atleast all the popular ones. They're all just in it for the money. But then most of us are doing bounties for the money too lol.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:10:56 PM

Majority of them are paid so expect that each ICOs they are rating will receive a very good review.

The rating is fine if the price is right.

So those ICO investors, make sure that you don't depend on these rating sites.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
buttonpro

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:21:11 PM

Some of this ratings are based on objective things such of number of followers and so on. But also the rating is included of biased components, like reviews, advisers. So there is too much room for fraud.
Ahooleeman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

They all seem absolutely terrible or atleast all the popular ones. They're all just in it for the money. But then most of us are doing bounties for the money too lol.

Do you think the community needs a trustful tool to define the real value of a project?

Ahooleeman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 01:13:58 PM

Majority of them are paid so expect that each ICOs they are rating will receive a very good review.

The rating is fine if the price is right.

So those ICO investors, make sure that you don't depend on these rating sites.

Do you think it is possible to make this market transparent and opened for a single standing investor?

dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:15:06 PM

I believe that these people can definitely work with people, especially those who believe in these sites, if you believe rumors, many sites are bought or bought advisors that advertise and vouch for projects.
Ahooleeman (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 01:21:16 PM

I believe that these people can definitely work with people, especially those who believe in these sites, if you believe rumors, many sites are bought or bought advisors that advertise and vouch for projects.

are there any ways to overcome these problems?

Larymause

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:25:55 PM

What do you guys think of the current ICO's rating system? Are you satisfied/happy? Do you think it reflects the real projects value? Does it help you to find right ICO's to invest to? What do you think about experts (even very well known ones) who provide corrupted ratings?

I think that at the moment there is no independent evaluation system. ICO projects pay so that their rating is as high as possible. About experts, too. Most of them do not deny that they take money for advertising, how can you believe their words? Sad
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:28:47 PM

The ICO ratings will only help you evaluate these projects, but it is not a measurement of the success of the ICO as there are many factors that will contribute to its success. That is why self evaluation of the ICO project is still essential even if the ICO as a good rating from reputable websites such as ICObench, ICOmarks, trackICO and ICOholder.
StImelda

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:29:04 PM

Rating are only a tip of the icebergs,and in my opinion most times are not a true reflection on the quality or integrity of the project.One still has to dig deeper to find good projects. ICOmarks is a good rating site in my opinion,they do their bit
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:31:11 PM

I believe that the evaluation of projects today is very expensive, because in most cases I believe that many projects are scam. This is a statistic that is working very seriously today and now very many people will have to say that I'm wrong, but many will support it.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:36:04 PM

It does help of course. Those who are not capable of reading what was being stated on the whitepaper and only relying to the replies in the blog post regarding the ICO. Some users in the forum aren't getting out of bitcointalk, they stay here and will only read the website of the project and if they find it not interesting, the project will be scratched out. No ratings for it at all.  I don't see a website that lists highly rated ICO projects that turned scam yet maybe one of these days a fed up user will create one.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:40:06 PM

The only thing I can say with rating system is that those ratings can guide you into picking a project you would likely want to do a research on. You will understand my point of view if you have to look at the number of ICOs popping up everyday and you may not have the time to start scrutinizing each one after the other.

However and just like you said, ratings are corrupt since these days, so called experts get paid for rating an ICO and it would be high level of carelessness for any investor to invest based on expert rating alone without doing further research. Nevertheless, it is good to have the rating system there than not having them at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: